SOB carry

This is a discussion on SOB carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone, I bought a SOB holster from JRCHolsters about a month ago. This holster is exceptional. It is not meant to be carried right ...

Thread: SOB carry

SOB carry

Hey everyone,

I bought a SOB holster from JRCHolsters about a month ago. This holster is exceptional. It is not meant to be carried right in the middle of the back (I suppose it can be carried that way, however), but, rather, off to the side, directly under the kidney. I have put this carry method to the test repeatedly and I can find no faults in this holster.

I have worn this holster with a 4"1911 in situations that I normally wouldn't consider carrying. I played 18 holes of golf carrying a 1911 in this sob holster and it never bothered my swing (OK, I am bragging, but I shot a 76) and my playing partner never knew I was carrying. I worked out in a local gym carrying it while I ran on an elliptical runner and did power cleans and gun/holster never caused a problem in any sense of the word. More to the point, it was never detected. It conceals extremely well.

I drove four hours carrying my 1911 in this holster and never really felt anything the least bit problematic. While on my trip, I carried my pistol daily in this holster. In the past while carrying on my hip, I would feel some hip strain at the end of the day. Not with this holster. This is an exceptional holster design and it is exceptionally well made.

I have long been an advocate of shoulder holsters, but this small of the back holster by JMCHolsters is very, very good. I will very possibly be carrying my 1911 in this holster a lot more often then I carry in a shoulder holster. This is a good holster.

http://jrcholsters.com/
    link added qks

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    After seeing Magnum PI stick his 1911 SOB, I tried it, too. As with the shoulder rig, the SOB is slower and can let the gun cross parts of your body on the draw. A student fell on one, and he decided he liked strong side better, after he was able to sit again. YMMV
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Nice review. Let's see some pictures!
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haystacker View Post
    Nice review. Let's see some pictures!
    I'm going to have to learn how to send pictures. Hopefully I'll join the 21st century and learn how to do that kind of thing. Hopefully soon. This really is a Hell of a holster.

Here are some pics of the actual holster. You may notice it is a lefty. I took these just before I shipped it out to Goldy49. Glad your enjoying your holster.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Nice looking rig there. Good work.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haystacker View Post
    Nice looking rig there. Good work.
    Thanks. I am glad that it is working out so well for the client.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Links