Bear river holster questions

This is a discussion on Bear river holster questions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am considering ordering a Bear river -double duty holster for my xd45c. My question is, does anybody have any experience with that holster or ...

Thread: Bear river holster questions

Bear river holster questions

I am considering ordering a Bear river -double duty holster for my xd45c. My question is, does anybody have any experience with that holster or bear river holsters? I have never ordered and used a custom holster/ or private manufactured holster, just name brand mass produced holsters like (galco, desantis, and bianchi). I current use a desantis top cop paddle holster and am looking for a owb holster to hold the firearm a bit tighter to the body. The double duty caught my eye due to also being able to do iwb carry. Any thoughts on this specific holster or bear river brand would be greatly appreciated.

Bear River Holsters Custom Gun Leather

Thanks,
    Rich

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Looks like that will work quite nicely for you.

VIP Member
    Looks nice from the pics. The only thing I would get clarification on prior to purchase is how do they either reinforce the holster mouth or treat the leather so that the holster remains open and you can reholster one handed. Assuming a satisfactory answer to this question it looks good.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I reinforce the holster mouth with a decorative piece of leather. I have drawn and reholstered one-handed from them hundreds of times.

Links