Sorry if this is redundant but I need help for a 1911 holster,on and off all day.

Sorry if this is redundant but I need help for a 1911 holster,on and off all day.

This is a discussion on Sorry if this is redundant but I need help for a 1911 holster,on and off all day. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any suggestions to help thin the heard will be appreciated. I carry a Kimber CDP 4" and would like to protect the finish if possible. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry if this is redundant but I need help for a 1911 holster,on and off all day.

Any suggestions to help thin the heard will be appreciated.

I carry a Kimber CDP 4" and would like to protect the finish if possible.
    I take the gun on and off a lot though-out the day so easy on and off would be a help but, keeping the gun where its supposed to be is the goal.
    Should mention inside the waistband is not needed much.
    Also does anybody make a holster that keeps the safety engaged on a 1911 while holstered?

TIA

I carry my Kimber Pro Carry HD ll all day in TT Gunleather Slim IWB .....with snap loops, it's easy on/off and protects my Kimber well.......you can't beat TT for quality or comfort!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

While I have no experience with TT as of yet (M&P holster is on the way in a few weeks, so I soon will) I do have some with Milt Sparks. You can get a Summer Special II from Brownells for a 3, 4, or 5 inch 1911 for 99 bucks. They stock 'em. I got one for my Kimber and love it. IWB, belt snaps, rough out grips your clothes so it will not move, and the grain is against your gun, easier on the finish. This is easily the best deal in town for getting a premium holster from a premium maker without waiting for 3-6 months. BTW, how are things up north? I lived in Missoula for a long time.

Public Secret, by High Noon Holsters.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Its snowing finally and getting cold.

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    While I have no experience with TT as of yet (M&P holster is on the way in a few weeks, so I soon will) I do have some with Milt Sparks. You can get a Summer Special II from Brownells for a 3, 4, or 5 inch 1911 for 99 bucks. They stock 'em. I got one for my Kimber and love it. IWB, belt snaps, rough out grips your clothes so it will not move, and the grain is against your gun, easier on the finish. This is easily the best deal in town for getting a premium holster from a premium maker without waiting for 3-6 months. BTW, how are things up north? I lived in Missoula for a long
    time.
    I agree, the MS SS2 is a great holster, comfortable, and quick delivery......I have several but for me, they're much harder to conceal with the loops and snaps on top of the holster.....makes a much larger bulge than with the loops spread apart not on top of holster body/pistol!
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

I miss elk hunting. Badly.

Quote Originally Posted by TXOutfitter View Post
    I agree, the MS SS2 is a great holster, comfortable, and quick delivery......I have several but for me, they're much harder to conceal with the loops and snaps on top of the holster.....makes a much larger bulge than with the loops spread apart not on top of holster body/pistol!
    He is right. A Versa Max or TT RIWB is flatter. TT may have what you need in stock. Check out his website. If not, do what we all do. Order what you want from a maker, and then get a production holster to get you by until the good one shows up.

Find a DeSantis Scorpion for your model, and think seriously about going IWB. Kydex or leather will take their toll on your pistol's finish depending on how you use it. What I have looked for over the years are the holsters that come off easily and go back on with the pistol intact. In other words, less steps to disarm or rearm. Take the whole package off or put it on without un-holstering or re-holstering your pistol. Protecting the finish on your pistol actually takes a back seat when it comes to you being prepared or carrying all together. If you keep a collector that you don't want marred, then my best advice is to get something you want to carry and don't mind getting worn looking. Nature of the beast. Your life, or your gun. Carry, or leave it at home. Most collectibles are left at home under lock and key. Ever buy a brand new car? What happened when you discovered the first dent or scrape on it in a parking lot? Seriously....you can't baby a carry weapon. If you ever think that you can, then quite obviously you may put yourself at a disadvantage on the field of battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Find a DeSantis Scorpion for your model, and think seriously about going IWB. Kydex or leather will take their toll on your pistol's finish depending on how you use it. What I have looked for over the years are the holsters that come off easily and go back on with the pistol intact. In other words, less steps to disarm or rearm. Take the whole package off or put it on without un-holstering or re-holstering your pistol. Protecting the finish on your pistol actually takes a back seat when it comes to you being prepared or carrying all together. If you keep a collector that you don't want marred, then my best advice is to get something you want to carry and don't mind getting worn looking. Nature of the
    beast. Your life, or your gun. Carry, or leave it at home. Most collectibles are left at home under lock and key. Ever buy a brand new car? What happened when you discovered the first dent or scrape on it in a parking lot? Seriously....you can't baby a carry weapon. If you ever think that you can, then quite obviously you may put yourself at a disadvantage on the field of battle.
    Well Said!

I will and do carry everyday, I just want to keep it as nice as possible, so will avoid Kydex etc if possible.
    I got the Kimber because its light accurate and reliable so it will get carried and used but not abused.

Just looking for something outside the waistband that as stated above comes off as a unit that someone has used and likes and holds up.

VIP Member
    Well your gun your choices but a firearm is a tool, tools get used, they get scratched and the finish wears off fact of life. Do not base your carry holster on or eliminate good holsters made of kydex because you are afraid of what they will do to the finish of a handgun.

Are you not going to shoot your pistol because it will cause wear? With that being said a Blade Tech Paddle holster or any quality paddle holster will do what you need it to. Raven Holsters are excellent also.

But again your gun your choice. Just an opinion.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Kramer Leather MSP Paddle holster should do the trick.
    "A gun is a tool, Marion. No better and no worse than any other tool - an axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." --from "Shane" (Alan Ladd) -1953

The Galco Yaqui paddle works well. Conceals well enough and you can pull on and off without removing the gun. Really, there are a lot of paddle holsters that might work. But the Galco's seem to be really well made. They also make one that has adjustable cant and a real high ride.

unnamed.jpg

VIP Member
    Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro with snap loops.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links