Just Ordered the Desantis Intruder Glock 19 IWB Holster -- I LOVE IT!

This is a discussion on Just Ordered the Desantis Intruder Glock 19 IWB Holster -- I LOVE IT! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just added a new holster from MidwayUSA to my collection of Glock 19 CC rigs: Intruder Inside the Waistband Holster Right Hand Glock 17 ...

Thread: Just Ordered the Desantis Intruder Glock 19 IWB Holster -- I LOVE IT!

Just Ordered the Desantis Intruder Glock 19 IWB Holster -- I LOVE IT!

I just added a new holster from MidwayUSA to my collection of Glock 19 CC rigs:

Intruder Inside the Waistband Holster Right Hand Glock 17 19 22 23 26 27 34 35 Kydex Leather Black

I opted to get the J-hooks (which really help w/ concealment) and the magazine holster, as well. So far, it's the best holster I've ever worn IWB.

Anyone else have one? If so, what are your thoughts? Is there anything else you use for CC?
    Last edited by tts; November 3rd, 2011 at 03:53 AM.

2. Remove Ads

I've got the one cut for the G27, but it works just fine with my G17. I didn't have the J hook option when I ordered mine. I ordered it as something to try at half the cost of the CrossBreeds, and to that effect I've been very happy with it, but it still leaves me wanting for something with a better kydex mold, and better clips (the non J-clips are huge, at times I feel like they stand out more than if I were to OC)

It's a decent holster and conceals very well, and I can walk all day with my 5.11 gun belt and the holster and almost never feel the gun's weight; but it's no good when I'm at home. If I sit on the couch and put my feet up, or worse yet sit in the recliner the gun can slide out a little bit, which doesn't sound that bad, but leaves the chance of a pen or something getting inside the trigger guard when I stand back up. It did it once I tried to increase the dent on the front of the trigger guard to hold it in place, it did it again, and now it comes off as soon as I hit the door. Usually for the SERPA, sometimes for the DeSantis companion, which is a leather non-tuckable IWB, both of which have more active retention and not just passive pressure to secure the gun.

Glock Certified Armorer

You bring up a good point. I noticed the passive retention is a little too loose for my liking. I'd give the holster a 10/10 for comfort and durability, but a 6/10 for retention. It holds the gun fine if I'm just walking around, but I wouldn't trust it if I was reclined, laying down, or running for my life.

Do you like the Desantis Companion better than the Intruder?

Anyone know how it compares to the Crossbreed?

Links