just slapped $ down on SR9C...now what kind of "Snuggie" for it!

This is a discussion on just slapped $ down on SR9C...now what kind of "Snuggie" for it! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Need holster idea for sr9c. Need IWB and tuckable as the clothing I wear is dress shirt and pants tucked in so.....Think a slight cant ...

Thread: just slapped $ down on SR9C...now what kind of "Snuggie" for it!

just slapped $ down on SR9C...now what kind of "Snuggie" for it!

Need holster idea for sr9c.

Need IWB and tuckable as the clothing I wear is dress shirt and pants tucked in so.....Think a slight cant and will wear at the 3:30 - 4 oclock position. Will be my first carry firearm so no clue what to expect. Sit alot during the day too in my office unfortunately.

What are you guys doing? not alot of holster companies to try and touch before buying so...gander maybe and we know they dont have the good stuff.

Hmmm gonna need a good belt too?! so where do I go for those?

Thanks
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

2. Remove Ads

I have an SR9c and a Crossbreed supertuck.
    Only complaint is my car seats are a little bucketed and the butt can poke me in the kidney sometimes. I carry at 5:00 so it may be better for you.

Another note is I carry the 10 round magazine in the weapon and the 17, on my weak side. The 17 round in the gun will poke worse.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by markx View Post

Another note is I carry the 10 round magazine in the weapon and the 17, on my weak side. The 17 round in the gun will poke worse.
    Not to worry.....NY is protecting me from that possibility! only 10's here my friend.

Is that because of the shape of the magazine? Maybe your cant just needs adjusting. I have a 4" XD and I love my supertuck. No poking while seated or standing. Not even in the seats of my Elise. And seats don't get much more bucket than that, lol.

I vote for the supertuck all day. You definitely need a good belt. Get a sturdy one for $20 from Tractor Supply or invest one of the numerous "gun belt" brands you can find on the forums. A quick search will do you well.

I am in a similar situation, first carry guns and first time for holster. I ordered Black Ops Pros from Pure Kustom for both my M&P9C and Kahr PM9. They are a little spendy but they offer adjustable IWB carry to 30 positions, tuckable and can be used OWB. I was told that multi position was a waste as once you find what works for you you never change it. My thoughts are that I have the option to adjust the holster to suit me not learn to like the holster. Plus as I age I seem to keep changing my body shape and positions of comfort so making changes in the future does not require a new purchase. I also got a Wilderness Instructor belt for $40 since I just went through an "expansion" of my body type that I now able to begin reversing and did not want to spend $100 for a belt that will not fit in 6 months.

I bought an sr9c last year, and do not have my carry permit yet. (I have a private class set up with the range by my house, in which me and several friends, family, co-workers and thief friends, family and co workers are all signed up for in early December!) after reading about several holsters and belts, I ordered a crossbreed supertuck and cross breed belt. I can not actually wear them in public, but around the house I love them both so far. I might do a little more experimenting with the cant to get it to hide as best as possible, but no complaints so far at the 3:30-4:00 position! Best of luck. I love my ruger!

Eta: I might end up sending my supertuck back to get the combat cut. Wish I'd have gone with it from the beginning, but being my first gun/holster I wanted to be sure first.

I've been happy with the Remora for my SR9C. For me the cant is the determining factor on whether the gun is in a comfortable spot. I get the cant right and it's relatively comfortable sitting or standing. So whatever holster I get, I prefer adjustable cant.

The Remora is good and I recommend Theisholsters.com | Products | Custom IWB Holsters for a IWB tuck-able holster.
    As good as a CBST for a lot less and better service.

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    I am in a similar situation, first carry guns and first time for holster. I ordered Black Ops Pros from Pure Kustom for both my M&P9C and Kahr PM9. They are a little spendy but they offer adjustable IWB carry to 30 positions, tuckable and can be used OWB. I was told that multi position was a waste as once you find what works for you you never change it. My thoughts are that I have the option to adjust the holster to suit me not learn to like the holster. Plus as I age I seem to keep changing my body shape and positions of comfort so making changes in the future does not require a new purchase. I also got a Wilderness Instructor belt for $40 since I just went through an "expansion" of my body type that I now able to begin reversing and did not want to spend $100 for a belt that will not fit in 6 months.
    Good info,.....as im thinking when not at work OWB would be nice too! also I seem to have the same problem with my body shape too!! haha

Biggie313...Wow and I was only joking..if you can think it......you can try to sell it I guess.....LOL

Sounds like I have research to do..like the idea of the one so versatile that I can OWB carry too....

Distinguished Member
    I also have the SR9c and the CBST. Great combo, I can wear it all day comfortably. Nice people to deal with too.

I have the same situation as you. I tuck my shirts for work, work with the public, sit at a desk some and drive daily as well. I carry a G23 in a Crossbreed Super Tuck and LOVE it. Very comfortable no matter what I'm doing and great concealment. I wear a Crossbreed belt with velcro and have the velcro hooks on my Super Tuck for optimum concealment. None of the loops around your belt that the other IWB holsters have and are a dead giveaway that you are carrying IMHO. Made my order with Crossbreed for two Super Tucks (G23 & G38) and the belt and had them at my door in less than two weeks.

Links