SAME HOLSTER FOR M&PC 9mm AND G26??

This is a discussion on SAME HOLSTER FOR M&PC 9mm AND G26?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have found out that my holsters for the M&PC also seem to fit my G26. My question is this: Is there a downside to ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By NC Bullseye
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By luke213
  • 1 Post By southchatham

Thread: SAME HOLSTER FOR M&PC 9mm AND G26??

SAME HOLSTER FOR M&PC 9mm AND G26??

I have found out that my holsters for the M&PC also seem to fit my G26. My question is this: Is there a downside to this as they both seem to fit? The Smith fits just a bit more snugly, but not so much and it is hardly noticeable as to the feel or the look. Appreciaate your expertise in this matter.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Are you talking a $12 Uncle Mike's or a $150 Brommeland holster?

A kielbasa will fit most holsters but there is a difference between "fit" and "fit correctly" you need to be very cautious using a holster made for a different gun. It may be tight in places on a different gun that could cause you to lose a magazine, deactivate a safety, or damage a sight. It may even interfere with the trigger on the wrong gun and that would not be a happy thing.

If you spend the money on a decent gun, don't short yourself by going cheap on the holster.

MY HOLSTERS ARE BOTH GOOD QUALITY: HAYSHOLSTERS AND BEAR RIVER HOLSTERS, SO I DON'T THINK THAT IS A PROBLEM.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    MY HOLSTERS ARE BOTH GOOD QUALITY: HAYSHOLSTERS AND BEAR RIVER HOLSTERS, SO I DON'T THINK THAT IS A PROBLEM.
    The better the quality of holster the more likely the points I made are to surface. The holsters that are formed to one specific gun can cause problems with guns other than the one they are formed to. Kydex is more of an issue than leather but even the closely formed leather holsters can cause problems with guns that are not the intended model.
    Philly Boy likes this.

NC Bullseye: Thanks. I just ordered a new holster from Jeff at HaysHolsters. Your point is well taken.

VIP Member
    Certainly not a problem here.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Another issue that can crop up with using one rig for both is where the dimensions are different can cause the leather to stretch out in some areas causing the proper gun to not fit in it's holster as well. For instance with some 1911's they have a wider trigger guard, so if you have two 1911's one wide, one skinny the wider of the two will stretch the boning at the trigger guard causing too loose of a fit with the skinnier 1911 in the same rig.

More of an issue with 1911's for instance since a bunch of companies make them, however using a different gun in a rig can bring around the same kind of issues. There are a few exceptions like some of the Sig's that are close enough to cross over(still prefer the proper rig, but it does work and I haven't seen much ill effects in the customers who have say a P226 and a P220, frame is wider, but the rest is much the same).

Either way it's best to use the right gun in the right holster when possible.

Take care!

Luke
    Philly Boy likes this.
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

Luke213; CHECKED OUT YOUR WEBSITE--- VERY NICE!

Luke213; CHECKED OUT YOUR WEBSITE--- VERY NICE!
    Thanks;)

Take care!

Luke
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

I have found out that my holsters for the M&PC also seem to fit my G26. My question is this: Is there a downside to this as they both seem to fit? The Smith fits just a bit more snugly, but not so much and it is hardly noticeable as to the feel or the look. Appreciaate your expertise in this matter.
    The Glock 26 will fit most M&Pc holsters just fine. I had a M&P9c and now have a Glock 26. I did not have to buy any new holsters. Don't worry, if they fit use them. You don't need to buy new ones.
    Philly Boy likes this.

If it's just a cheapy, I wouldn't worry about it. If it's a nice leather one, it will eventually screw up the molding, if it's kydex you'll eventually crack it.

Links