High Noon Holsters IWB going to be too thick?

This is a discussion on High Noon Holsters IWB going to be too thick? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks a bunch Old School, That is the kind of picture I was looking for!! This forum is awesome, really helpful and nice people, not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: High Noon Holsters IWB going to be too thick?

Thanks a bunch Old School, That is the kind of picture I was looking for!!

This forum is awesome, really helpful and nice people, not like other certain forums I won't mention on here in which the only thing that matters is how many posts you have. Not the fact that regardless someone might have a good question or answer.

EDIT:
    How important is it to go with the horsehide over the cowhide? I'd like to keep the holster budget in the price range that the Down Under cowhide is, but so far one person mentioned that it's better for warmer climates, I live in the South so that might be important. I am just not sure I can justify to myself the added cost..

2. Remove Ads

I have mine in cow hide and for me living on the east coast of Florida I am quite comfortable with it.

That said I always have a t-shirt of some type between the holster and my body then a light weight cover garment.

OS

P.S. Welcome to the forum
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I have one more question regarding the topic in this thread.

Some holsters have a really wide stance and two spread out clips, vs some others like the HNHs have just the one clip, does it make a difference having the wider design?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RTTR84 View Post
    I have one more question regarding the topic in this thread.

Some holsters have a really wide stance and two spread out clips, vs some others like the HNHs have just the one clip, does it make a difference having the wider design?
    The wider platform works much better for me all way around. Easier hide and more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The wider platform works much better for me all way around. Easier hide and more comfortable.
    Ditto. The single-clip holsters do not (for me) keep the pistol in the same position every time, all the time.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Ditto. The single-clip holsters do not (for me) keep the pistol in the same position every time, all the time.
    I have even repositioned the belt loops on my trousers to accommodate stability.

For me carrying in the inside the waistband appendix posistion and with a quality gunbelt (the one in the photo is from Beltman) I have no problem keeping the firearm in the same posistion and being comfortable with a single belt clip but that is me.

If I were to carry in the 3 O'Clock or 4 O'Clock posistion IWB I would use a holster with double straps to keep the firearm securely in the same posistion as there is more body movement and shifting in that area then in the appendix posistion.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    For me carrying in the inside the waistband appendix posistion and with a quality gunbelt (the one in the photo is from Beltman) I have no problem keeping the firearm in the same posistion and being comfortable with a single belt clip but that is me.

If I were to carry in the 3 O'Clock or 4 O'Clock posistion IWB I would use a holster with double straps to keep the firearm securely in the same posistion as there is more body movement and shifting in that area then in the appendix posistion.

OS
    I'm at 3:00/9:00 IWB, and have double straps 6"-7" apart, depending on the model.

I have a Bare Asset i've only worn a couple times with a S&W SD9 that i like. If anything it's one of the thinnest IWB I have. But then I only have 4. Can't beat it for the price.

I have a mR Sofety for my Glock27 for small gns the small holsters are alot nice. They don't move the G27 is a fairly small gun. Larger guns maybe 2 clips might be nicer. But I'm medium build so I don't want a larger holster than my gun when I'm trying to hide it. JMO

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar

Hated IWB carry until I lost 70 pounds.

High Noon's "Down Under" holster for my customized RAMI P is wonderful.

Review:Review Blog - CZ GUNSTUFFS
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Iwb is good for your healthy. Good:congrats weight loss !!!

Hello from South Florida. Just joined today.
    I have a Bare Asset for my Beretta Cougar but I am looking into a Down Under for the slide guard.
    Great forum by the way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links