LCP holster/front pocket carry options

This is a discussion on LCP holster/front pocket carry options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had reason to draw my LCP yesterday, and found that getting it out of my Levis front pocket in the "crimson trace" pocket holster ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LCP holster/front pocket carry options

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar

I had reason to draw my LCP yesterday, and found that getting it out of my Levis front pocket in the "crimson trace" pocket holster supplied with the laser didn't go nearly as easily as in drills. instead of drawing it out ofthe holster I pinched the holster and tried to draw the whole thing which snagged a bit. Fortunately the nut shut up and started running as soon as I went for it. he could have gone the other way towards me before I cleared. I think I need to cut down the holster so my thumb contacts the slide instead of the holster. What works good for you for pocket carry?

i'm not familiar with the holster your using but the lcp in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster works great together.perfect combination and probably one of the most popular ways for carrying the lcp.
    Last edited by crue2009; November 7th, 2011 at 03:21 PM.

Try Bear Creek Holsters. Excellent products.

Take a look at the Recluse Holster. It's just the front part with no rear panel, reduces the print. And securing the weapon is as simple as running your hand between the weapon and the holster panel.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    What works good for you for pocket carry?
    Nothing, which is why I don't pocket carry. On the bright side, it all worked out as well as it possibly could have for you, given what you conveyed about the situation.

I use a Nemesis for the LCP.

I use a Mika for the S&W 442.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    I had reason to draw my LCP yesterday
    care to elaborate? (also I didn't think CC was even possible in CA?)
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    -Douglas Adams

You fellows are missing the ONLY guaranteed not to come out of the pocket holster made...with the Thumb Push.
    Fist Pocket Holster w/thumb push
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Agree on the thumb push-off.

I had one added to mine, made by Jim at Hidden Holsters. Ran the holster through a class with my LCP - no flubbed draws.

Hidden Holsters - Expertly Crafted Pocket Holsters
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Pocket Grabber.jpgOur draw is a bit different--- Pocket Grabber Instructions ----
    We like to draw from the bottom of the pocket so the holster always stays down.
    You could be ready a long time before things heat up if you are watching whats going on.
    Pocket Grabber

Justin

Cool

I use the High Noon Pocket Grabber when carrying my Diamondback in my offside front pocket as a BUG.

I use the thumb method as is shown in the High Noon post photo.

I also use the Mr. Softy when carrying IWB off side as a BUG.

photo.jpgP18163004.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I will have to go with a thumb-push. As the the particulars, I will wait to see if the Sheriff calls me to come visit before i say anything.
    CCW in California is common and easy, if you don't live near the big cities. The voters of 3 counties over-ride what 90% of the state wants. I wish those citi-ots would go back to where they came from.

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I use a Nemesis for the LCP.

I use a Mika for the S&W 442.
    +1. I have the same setup for the same guns :)

OK, nothing came of it. While I was on the road in Nevada my wife called to say that the dog's barking had alerted her to a local nut job that had walked into the back of our property. When confronted said that he was looking to buy tractor parts and had cash, and then left. Scared her. I put what is for sale out on the highway, nothing near my shop is for sale, it's a scrapper's wet dream. A week before he showed up while I was trying to sell a truck to a guy by the highway and scared that guy off. This guy is mentally disturbed, more than just drugs, like a bi-polar without medication and he has more squirrelly lately. An hour or two later an unknown pickup truck (not the nut's) drove thru my loop while she was getting out of the shower, so no plate number. So the next day I went over to this guy's house to tell him to stay away. I am a fairly big guy and I was angry. Bad combo. I kept my language clean and made my point unequivocally. He was standing in his doorway and when wrapping it up, I told him if he ever came into my yard again I would hurt him. He grabbed a baseball bat from beside the door and raised it while shouting jibberish, so I walked backwards and drew my LCP and lasered his eyeballs. He jumped back and slammed the door yelling "I'm calling the cops", and I went home. The Sheriff never came. The draw was not as fast or as smooth as in practice. That bothers me. If I had shot him it would have been touchy as I was on his property confronting him, but the local Sheriff has one of us on his "naughty" list and one of us on his "nice" list, so no idea what would have happened afterwards. Anyway, I am ready to pour concrete this friday on my new gate posts and then leave open the dog pen. I have been carrying without the pocket holster since, but don't like it when it rotates, so will be checking out holsters next time i am in a city. Holsters are like helmets, I have to try before i buy.

VIP Member
    My LCP rides in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster. The biggest advantage of the LCP is also its biggest disadvantage in my opinion; there simply is not a lot of grip to grap hold of to draw from the pocket. The LCP requires a higher level of awareness than other weapons for pocket carry. Just my thoughts.

A comment on to the incident. Why on earth go to someone's house, escalate a situation by threatening the homeowner, then draw a weapon and laser the guy? That is just asking to get into a lethal confrontation of your own making and a pretty good way to end up in prison or dead. Just my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links