CC Hoodie

CC Hoodie

This is a discussion on CC Hoodie within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have or use something like this. I am liking the chest pocket and the side zips. Just saw it over at gunnit. Tactical Gear ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: CC Hoodie

CC Hoodie

Anyone have or use something like this. I am liking the chest pocket and the side zips. Just saw it over at gunnit.

Tactical Gear and Military Clothing News: Hoodie by SORD USA
    SORD Hoodie Conceal.jpg

SORD Hoodie Kangaroo Pouch.jpg

Those extra zippers seem a bit obvious, its why I stay away from the blackhawk Tshirts that have big seams with velcro for firearm access. My winter cover garments are hoodies and pull overs that either lack elastic or are one size big so they hang loose enough that they sweep out of the way easily, and the heavy weight of the clothing keeps them down below the gun so I can carry in a VA tuck or OWB variation underneath the hoodie making access to the firearm from concealment very easy to accomplish, so that might be something to consider if you decided to order it and don't want to manipulate the zipper for access.

Glock Certified Armorer

It would be quicker for me to pull the sweatshirt up than unzip,and if you leave it unzipped that wouldn't seem to conceal well.
    shooterX likes this.

It doesn't do anything for me. I suppose if you like the chest pocket, that's good enough reason to get one.

The side zippers seem like a gimmick. It's gonna be a lot simpler, smoother and faster to just pull the sweater up, rather than fumble with zippers. And if one chooses to leave the zippers up it may defeat concealment.

OMO
    joker1 likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I guess it is just me but I would not wear a hoodie while carrying. Too many BG's wearing them.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    I guess it is just me but I would not wear a hoodie while carrying. Too many BG's wearing them.
    It's not just you!

Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    It's not just you!
    I wear hoodies sometimes. I'd definitely not wear one that said 'Raiders' on it

I prefer plain ones, or maybe some outdoor logo like Cabela's
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Seems 7 to 8 out of 10 robberies are committed by folks wearing a hoodie. Hey, here's a thought: Instead of banning guns from your business, ban hoodies!
    ktulu92fs and RETSUPT99 like this.

Distinguished Member
    IMHO, the zipper is only really useful if you may need to go from concealed to open carrying and want to wear a sweatshirt/hoodie, like plain clothes LE or similar. It's a little more elegant than stuffing the sweatshirt up behind the holster/gun. The zipper isn't very useful for a concealed draw, for that you would just be pulling up the garment.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

The UsedClothingCharityBoutique in your town has literally hundreds of useful CC options for $3 or less. Just sayin'.......
    surfcc likes this.

It is pretty high end, but a lot of soft shells are. This is why I wanted to see what others thought. I am certainly not looking at this as a quick draw concealment option dueto the zips, but I like to be able to open them up when it warms up during the day when it heats up in Phoenix. I figure throwing some doodads, cash, and id in the pocket when I am out running or hiking. Maybe a map if I am going off trail, but that doesn't happen too often.

Throwing up the hood on a windy or rainy day is great even if they don't come often here. Thanks for looking pointing out all the angles. I will definitely keep thinking it over before pay day hits.

A hoodie in PHX? I been there. Not wearin no hoodie never... I suppose, if you jog at midnight/early early morning, in the winter when the temp drops to around... what, 50 (which is shirtsleeve weather here in Ioway)... But hoodies in the rain? Unless of course it evaporates before it hits the ground like the misters there in PHX, a jersey hood would just get soggy.

No, I'd be hard pressed to wear a hoodie as a cover gament in AZ, in PHX particularly. I might go with a hawaiian shirt, and at night maybe a long sleeve hawaiian shirt (they prolly don't even make those).

Just jog in a loincloth carrying a spear, you'll be comfortable, and prolly no one would mess wid you.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    It's not just you!
    I wear hoodies all teh time in the fall and spring, They have my buddies speed shop name/logo on them though. Not very Gangsta.

As far as for rain, the soft-shell would be awesome, but there are a lot of zip front soft-shells that are easier on and off. When I wear mine in Phoenix, I usually get warm enough that a little side zipper like that wouldn't do much for me. If you like it, go for it. It's REI enough to not look very hooligan.

Right, its not soaking through a soft shell, unless you are outside swimming in the street. This would be my only layer for winter. Oakchas - When you are used to running around in a loin cloth and sandals 9 months out of the year, 50 Degrees is bone chilling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links