IWB holster for G19 and no belt - Page 2

IWB holster for G19 and no belt

This is a discussion on IWB holster for G19 and no belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The clips on the Kramer holster look like they are made to snap over a belt. Without one, you would end up pointing gun and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: IWB holster for G19 and no belt

The clips on the Kramer holster look like they are made to snap over a belt. Without one, you would end up pointing gun and holster at the bad guy if you had to draw.

You make some excellent points.

Over lunch time I dug out a 1" belt made of very thick leather that I'm going to try tomorrow. Actually when I do wear a belt, I usually like to wear a 1 3/4" with western buckle so that's probably why I don't normally wear belts - the big buckle !

I'm still mulling everything over.

Meanwhile this body band has been super comfortable all day - will just have to pay more attention to the concealment if and when I use it.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Without being able to work with you in person, I still hope you reconsider the no belt approach. It's difficult to explain all of the possibilities that have fail written all over it but at a minimum, when you practice, include drawing when flat on your back, flat on your stomach, from kneeling, from the fetal position on your side, and while running. If you can do these drills all without issue then MAYBE the holster will serve your purpose.

Just keep one thing to keep in the back of your mind, if a holster was going to work well without a belt, don't you think the manufacturer would be shouting it to the world? That would be the dream holster for a whole bunch of folks.

If the problem with belts is the wide width you need for the clips, maybe get the snap loops on the holster for narrower belts. At least you would have the retention of the belt at all times.

Well, that wouldn't be good !

I've worn my IWB crossbreed with just clips on heavy waisttband of tight jeans, no belt and with my 38 revolver, no problem with draw - the holster isn't going anywhere.

Thank you for your input - it is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhawk View Post
    The clips on the Kramer holster look like they are made to snap over a belt. Without one, you would end up pointing gun and holster at the bad guy if you had to draw.

I have plenty of holsters with clips. If they are good clips and you draw with out a belt the holster doesn't come out. Even my Mr Softy from High noon I can barely get it off when clipped to my pants only. But I do use a good belt usually. Just imo if you have a quality holster and the gun isn't to heavy I wouldn't really worry about it. You will find out yourself. You'll be fine.

tts
    I've heard great things about Kramer holsters.

I personally love the DeSantis Intruder holster. I ordered two of them, selling one here (brand new):

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...-hand-new.html

Thanks for the encouragement about the clips - so far I've had good luck with just clips and no belts - my jeans are tight !

Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    I have plenty of holsters with clips. If they are good clips and you draw with out a belt the holster doesn't come out. Even my Mr Softy from High noon I can barely get it off when clipped to my pants only. But I do use a good belt usually. Just imo if you have a quality holster and the gun isn't to heavy I wouldn't really worry about it. You will find out yourself. You'll be fine.

Do you have a link to mfg so I can see photo and specs?

Quote Originally Posted by tts View Post
    I've heard great things about Kramer holsters.

I personally love the DeSantis Intruder holster. I ordered two of them, selling one here (brand new):

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...-hand-new.html

No holster /remora yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    No holster /remora yet?
    The Remora arrived this evening so I will try it out all day tomorrow and let you know what I think. Also on the way is an UnderTech Compression Shirt and an "original Belly Band" from the Glock Store.

Haven't had any experience with the remora but it looks interesting. I have had some use of the "clip draw" on my G19. Basacally replace the slide plate cover and attach a clip that runs about half the length of the slide and allows you to clip the gun anywhere. Used it this last summer while jogging and such. Not a bad product but had to always switch it out to use my crossbreed. I would recommend it but have to admit I'm intrigued about this remora. Let us know whatever you decide. Nvm just caught your recent post lol. I'll wait to see what you think of those choices. Hope they work
    Semper Fi

Like Remora on Facebook. Then you can play there trivia contest. It 's ~random times. I won a SS Holster of my chioce and a mag holder this week

(Sorry .. I missed the cross draw requirement.)
    To OP: I carry my 19 in an Alessi Watch-6, it uses two patented Talon clips which are designed to NOT to clip on the belt -- yes, they ARE design to clip on the trousers. It is superbly crafted and is all day comfort. Brownells carry them in stock, they also offer 100% satisfaction guarantee, you can return for full refund if you don't like it. However, it is not 40 deg cant (you sure? typical can't is ~15). I love mine. Happy shopping.

Here's mine: (and the linky: WATCH 6 HOLSTERS - Brownells)

Quote Originally Posted by McDonaldUSMC View Post
    I have had some use of the "clip draw" on my G19. Basacally replace the slide plate cover and attach a clip that runs about half the length of the slide and allows you to clip the gun anywhere. Used it this last summer while jogging and such. Not a bad product but had to always switch it out to use my crossbreed. I would recommend it but have to admit I'm intrigued about this remora.
    - I've had the Kel-Tec Clip on my Ruger LCP. It's functional, but the gun moves more than I would like. I have a Remora for my Ruger LCP and the Kahr P380 and it doesn't move at all. The material also adds a little cushion between the gun and your body. Add the benefit of a covered trigger and I don't see any reason to use the ClipDraw.
    ironmike86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wolven View Post
    The Remora arrived this evening so I will try it out all day tomorrow and let you know what I think. Also on the way is an UnderTech Compression Shirt and an "original Belly Band" from the Glock Store.
    Review time???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links