IWB holster for G19 and no belt

This is a discussion on IWB holster for G19 and no belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After receiving some great suggestions in my previous thread and doing lots of research based on your suggestions AND experimenting with my (and my husband's) ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: IWB holster for G19 and no belt

After receiving some great suggestions in my previous thread and doing lots of research based on your suggestions AND experimenting with my (and my husband's) existing holsters, I've come to the conclusion that what would work best for me and my Glock 19 would be :

IWB

About 10:30 position

Canted about 40 degrees (I am right handed and would cross draw)

A holster that would clip on the waistband of snug jeans - I don't always wear a belt so don't want to purchase a belt holster.

So before I order a more expensive holster I ordered a Ramora so I could test and confirm that the above would be a comfortable position to carry this gun.

I'm leaning toward something like this Kramer clip holster but can't tell exactly from the photo if it is straight or canted a bit.
    Ladies Gun Holsters for Women

Does anyone know about this holster (I've written Kramer) or have any other holster suggestions that would fit my criteria above?

Thanks again for all your replies in the past - it has been fun researching all of the leads and has been very helpful.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I'd recommend a Smartcarry, I can't imagine carrying a gun without a belt - even a cheap belt is difficult.

I also can't imagine carrying without a belt. I mean I can put my S&W Bodyguard 380 in my Remora holster and stick it in some boxer briefs under jeans, but I can't imagine carrying my Glock 19 without a good belt and holster as the belt is the most important piece of the system.
    Guest1 likes this.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

You are very likely going to end up with a holstered rock if you have to draw under pressure. Please do not compromise your safety by not using the proper gear. If you don't wear a belt, then use a belly band type holster or thunderware.

The belt is the anchor to keep the holster from coming out of your pants when drawn as well as what helps spread the weight around your waist instead of having a rock in one spot. While you may be able to draw without the belt it's a bad idea to rely on the holster staying where it's supposed to just by the tension of your waist band.

Thank you.
    I looked at those but think they would work better on a person with a physique like the main model on the website and with the belt worn really low like shown in the underwear photos
    SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters
    I see the other models toward the bottom of the page with tight jeans and they say they use them with fairly long guns but I'm going to have to mock up something here with one of my bands or fanny packs to get an idea if a SmartCarry might work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I'd recommend a Smartcarry, I can't imagine carrying a gun without a belt - even a cheap belt is difficult.

I know. My husband says the same thing. I wish more of my clothing was belt friendly, but even when I wear jeans, I often don't wear a belt.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    I also can't imagine carrying without a belt. I mean I can put my S&W Bodyguard 380 in my Remora holster and stick it in some boxer briefs under jeans, but I can't imagine carrying my Glock 19 without a good belt and holster as the belt is the most important piece of the system.

Thanks for your concern. That's why I am asking for feedback.
    I know what you mean about spreading the weight of the gun around - my IWB Crossbreed with my revolver really does that well. I adjusted it to full cant and wear it about 1030 using the clips to fasten to jeans waistband, no belt and practicing my draw, it doesn't come unclipped because I wear fitted jeans, not baggy, so there is quite a bit of tension.
    But I'm not sure the same set up would work with G19 since it is quite a bit longer than the revolver.
    I will keep this all in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    You are very likely going to end up with a holstered rock if you have to draw under pressure. Please do not compromise your safety by not using the proper gear. If you don't wear a belt, then use a belly band type holster or thunderware.

The belt is the anchor to keep the holster from coming out of your pants when drawn as well as what helps spread the weight around your waist instead of having a rock in one spot. While you may be able to draw without the belt it's a bad idea to rely on the holster staying where it's supposed to just by the tension of your waist band.

Quote Originally Posted by wolven View Post
    Thanks for your concern. That's why I am asking for feedback.
    I know what you mean about spreading the weight of the gun around - my IWB Crossbreed with my revolver really does that well. I adjusted it to full cant and wear it about 1030 using the clips to fasten to jeans waistband, no belt and practicing my draw, it doesn't come unclipped because I wear fitted jeans, not baggy, so there is quite a bit of tension.
    But I'm not sure the same set up would work with G19 since it is quite a bit longer than the revolver.
    I will keep this all in mind.
    Without being able to work with you in person, I still hope you reconsider the no belt approach. It's difficult to explain all of the possibilities that have fail written all over it but at a minimum, when you practice, include drawing when flat on your back, flat on your stomach, from kneeling, from the fetal position on your side, and while running. If you can do these drills all without issue then MAYBE the holster will serve your purpose.

Just keep one thing to keep in the back of your mind, if a holster was going to work well without a belt, don't you think the manufacturer would be shouting it to the world? That would be the dream holster for a whole bunch of folks.

If the problem with belts is the wide width you need for the clips, maybe get the snap loops on the holster for narrower belts. At least you would have the retention of the belt at all times.

testing Pistol Wear Belly Band

I have a pistol wear belly band that I have used for my 38 revolver so am testing it for my G19 since the pouch is quite generic. Wearing about 10 oclock.
    The band is very comfortable but the excess material of the corner above the grip prints quite prominently,

Dunno about a G19 but I can carry my G27 in a Remora with fitted pants witout a belt. It really grips and doesn't move. I still use a cheapy belt when I want more pressure when the pants are more gansta baggy. The remora really grips. I can run,jump and roll it doesnt move. I wear a t-shirt in bettween the Remora and my pants. It really grips my skin. You won't have any problems IMO/IME depending on how your pants fit.
    So by your post you are a woman? Fitted mean tight?? That holsters not going anywhere. When you get it post your opinion :). Remora is a very good comapny I'm sure you can send it back if you don't like it. G27 and G19 are similar size and weight. I have the reinforced top also so I can draw and reholser easy no problems. A 1911 or any heavy full sized gun I pefer a gun belt and 2 clip/loop holster JMO/JME

Yes I'm a woman and I do wear tight jeans so figure the Remora might work for some situations and was worth a try for testing out exactly where and at what angle I want to carry. I will definitely post once I get it. Its on its way !
    Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    Dunno about a G19 but I can carry my G27 in a Remora with fitted pants witout a belt. It really grips and doesn't move. I still use a cheapy belt when I want more pressure when the pants are more gansta baggy. The remora really grips. I can run,jump and roll it doesnt move. I wear a t-shirt in bettween the Remora and my pants. It really grips my skin. You won't have any problems IMO/IME depending on how your pants fit.
    So by your post you are a woman? Fitted mean tight?? That holsters not going anywhere. When you get it post your opinion :). Remora is a very good comapny I'm sure you can send it back if you don't like it. G27 and G19 are similar size and weight. I have the reinforced top also so I can draw and reholser easy no problems. A 1911 or any heavy full sized gun I pefer a gun belt and 2 clip/loop holster JMO/JME

Kramer tells me that I can order that IWB Sheepskin Clip holster with a crossdraw angle. Still thinking on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by wolven View Post
    After receiving some great suggestions in my previous thread and doing lots of research based on your suggestions AND experimenting with my (and my husband's) existing holsters, I've come to the conclusion that what would work best for me and my Glock 19 would be :

IWB

About 10:30 position

Canted about 40 degrees (I am right handed and would cross draw)

A holster that would clip on the waistband of snug jeans - I don't always wear a belt so don't want to purchase a belt holster.

So before I order a more expensive holster I ordered a Ramora so I could test and confirm that the above would be a comfortable position to carry this gun.

I'm leaning toward something like this Kramer clip holster but can't tell exactly from the photo if it is straight or canted a bit.
    Ladies Gun Holsters for Women

Does anyone know about this holster (I've written Kramer) or have any other holster suggestions that would fit my criteria above?

Thanks again for all your replies in the past - it has been fun researching all of the leads and has been very helpful.

I carry a glock 26 in a remora holster (Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster) while wearing jogging shorts. it is an awesome holster - no belt needed!!!

Yup wait till you get the remora. You maynot want another.

TVJ
    Call Dale Frickie and see what he can custom make for you.

I use the Archangel....excellent, Quality holster.

Dale Fricke Holsters
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links