Paddle holster with retention - for an N frame?

This is a discussion on Paddle holster with retention - for an N frame? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently have two holsters for my S&W 329PD that has become my favorite (dry) carry gun, a Safariland 586-12 paddle holster and a Galco ...

Thread: Paddle holster with retention - for an N frame?

Paddle holster with retention - for an N frame?

I currently have two holsters for my S&W 329PD that has become my favorite (dry) carry gun, a Safariland 586-12 paddle holster and a Galco Phoenix dual carry holster. The Galco is a belt carry with loops - I haven't used it yet.

The Safariland is a paddle holster, very secure, with practice, it's become much easier to both put it on and take if off. With a good gun belt (which is the only kind I use) I doubt anyone could rip the holster itself off the belt. However, this holster is not a retention-type holster. Since I like to sometimes OC, I think a retention type holster would be better.

I've looked at all the major holster makers (Safariland, Galco, Bianchi, etc.) and have found no paddle retention-type holsters. I guess they don't make that style or I just didn't search good enough???

Anyone with any ideas or know of a paddle type with retention?

Thanks,

2. Remove Ads

I would think that retention on a paddle holster is rather useless; If a perp grabs the gun, he's going to get the holster with it.

He may not be able to get it out of the holster, but he still will have possession of your gun and not you.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Haven't seen one for an N-frame in fact I had a hard time finding N-frame holsters at all Ray made mine Lobo Gun Leather - Home maybe he can work something up for you. Your question brought this video up in my mind though, have you seen this before?

Why you don't use a kydex paddle holster - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    I would think that retention on a paddle holster is rather useless; If a perp grabs the gun, he's going to get the holster with it.

He may not be able to get it out of the holster, but he still will have possession of your gun and not you.
    Not true. I know if I put on one of my SERPA holsters, and I use the paddle feature, they do not come out. they GRIP the belt. In fact, i have seen a full grown man picked up off his feet by another instructor simulating a gun grab (with a blue gun in the SERPA) by pulling up on the grip of the blue gun in a SERPA with the paddle feature in place. They will not just come out even if someone gets a hold of your gun.But no one should ever be in a position to get a hold of you gun.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Links