What brand of Gun belt would you recommend to get or stay away from.

This is a discussion on What brand of Gun belt would you recommend to get or stay away from. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Title peaty much says it all, Iím looking to upgrade my holster and with it i think i want to get a good gun belt ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What brand of Gun belt would you recommend to get or stay away from.

Title peaty much says it all, Iím looking to upgrade my holster and with it i think i want to get a good gun belt also. And with most places usually being 4-6 weeks out it will come in around x-mas time so it will be a present to myself.

Iím leaning towards a cross bread holster because of the good reviews Iíve seen virtually everywhere i look and how it can be semi adjustable to change cant and height. i notice that they have gun belts also and was thinking about getting a belt from them and saving on shipping but i havenít seen many reviews about their belts. Does anyone have one and can give me some feedback.

Iíve also seen a lot of good reviews on belt man gun belts so i was considering them and also the wilderness belt even though itís not a gun belt per say but rather that it is adjustable.

and especially if there are any brand that i should stay away from please list those.

thanks

Distinguished Member
    For leather I really like my A&G belts. If you want to go nylon I have two Wilderness belts, a 5 stitch and a reinforced both do their job very well.
    Cdknox and redbeardsong like this.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

VIP Member
    I don't personally care for either the crossbreed holsters or their belts. I am well aware that many think they are the greatest. For a custom leather belt, I go with a Brommeland, found here.
    Belts and Accessories
    For everyday wear, I use a Wilderness Instructor, which can be found in many places.
    RTTR84 and Civil_Response like this.

I wear a Tactical Tailor Riggers belt,Grey Group has them for about $35.00,The only time I wear leather is when I'm in formal wear(not often),my T.T.belt holds everything nicely.

Gun Belts by The Belt Man. You will NOT be disappointed. I was leery about spending the oney until I bit the bullet and got one. This thing is awesome.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I like Beltman Belts.

Gun Belts by The Belt Man

Reasonable price & decent turn times.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhšuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I mostly use a beltman leather belt, but on occasion I use a wilderness tactical belt.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I like my Belt Man belt a lot, but I also like my R Grizzle and UBG belt and I also found one I like at Tractor Supply.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by J0eyg86 View Post
    Iím leaning towards a cross bread holster because of the good reviews Iíve seen virtually everywhere i look and how it can be semi adjustable to change cant and height. i notice that they have gun belts also and was thinking about getting a belt from them and saving on shipping but i havenít seen many reviews about their belts. Does anyone have one and can give me some feedback.
    My experience is limited in that this is my first gun belt (and holster) but I just bought the crossbreed Supertuck holster and belt. The belt is a little "industrial" in look and has a fairly good size buckle. It is pretty darn stiff and quite thick (2 layers of full grain cow hide I believe) so it's very much a "man's" belt if you know what I mean. It looks great on jeans but I wouldn't wear it with nicer slacks or business clothes. Instead I'd probably get something thinner that has some internal reinforcement to give the additional stiffness required. I've seen some leather belts that had either nylon of metal reinforcement. I'm not sure of the details...

As for performance, the belt is stiff enough to carry my Sig P226 with no flexing or issues and this isn't exactly a carry gun either. I got it more for backpacking where the concealment doesn't have to be 100% and I can wear a big thick belt that I can use to rescue people from mountain tops while dangling from a helicopter. (I may be exaggerating regarding the helicopter).

The holster itself is good too but I have zero comparison. I've worn the thing around the house to see how comfortable it is and it's just fine. The only uncomfortable parts are the actual gun itself poking me, but the holster isn't magical - it can't make a full size gun into a PM9.

Another one for the beltman. Just ordered a new one on Friday and received it Monday. A+

Something that I came across is the heavy duty work belt from Wal Mart.

It is made of carves material with a leather strip on the outside center for looks and strength.

The belt is very stiff and strong which works well for me for a every day carry belt, and cot about $12 or so.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Those belt man belts look really nice! Many more options than the crossbreed belt (that I purchased). I think they look better and are more appropriate for daily use as the Crossbreed is a little too industrial looking to go with business attire.

Having said that, I think the Crossbreed belt is fine (and cheaper I believe) if the intended use matches the aesthetics of the belt.

I have a Blade-Tech "Looper".

It's a leather belt with a strip of kydex in it for reinforcement. When new, it's as stiff as hell, but does break in.

I don't have any other gun belts for comparison, so I am interested in reading suggestions on this thread.
    nerdyvirgin likes this.

buy a wilderness, call it a day.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    A & G Gunleather gets my vote and my business. Great belts and even better customer service.
    tmoore912 and redbeardsong like this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links