Please help!!!!!! Shoulder holster

This is a discussion on Please help!!!!!! Shoulder holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking for 2-3 months for a shoulder rig for my S&W m&p full size 4.25" barrel, and 2 mag holders as ballast. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kapnketel
  • 1 Post By kazzaerexys

Thread: Please help!!!!!! Shoulder holster

Please help!!!!!! Shoulder holster

I have been looking for 2-3 months for a shoulder rig for my S&W m&p full size 4.25" barrel, and 2 mag holders as ballast. Looking for leather with the belt loop fasteners. Anyone have any recommendations i am extremly lost....

Please help....

Thank you

JERP
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

2. Remove Ads

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

there is a thread, but there is no mention of a good shoulder holster for a S&W M&P 45...just a bunch of comments about how shoulder hosters suck.

Course I agree with some of the comments because the OP made a few over the top remarks, However seening as how I also have a full size S&W M&P 45 I would love to have a few suggestions on a good Shoulder rig. Might work for me..might not..dont wanna spend small fourtune shooting around in the dark. All I know right now is I have both an OWB and IWB set up and neither are that practical for me....I drive a lot and I ride a motorcycle often. the most comfortable has been a thigh rig but that defeats the purpose of CC..lol

I have seen threads on another forum. You can try Lobo Gunleather.
    NRA Life Member, Holster Maker
    www.haysholsters.com

Just a bit of input.....

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    I have been looking for 2-3 months for a shoulder rig for my S&W m&p full size 4.25" barrel, and 2 mag holders as ballast. Looking for leather with the belt loop fasteners. Anyone have any recommendations i am extremly lost....

Please help....

Thank you

JERP
    Hi jerp. I was somehow directed to this site (can't remember just how). I started glancing through the forums and noticed your post.

I see it was pointed out a catagory is running with the subject of Shoulder Holsters....but thought I would type my 2 cents here for you.

You state you are wanting a leather shoulder rig and I'm sure you have your reasons.....but.....let me make a point about leather, especially for shoulder holsters. Depending upon locale and various situations, your shoulder holster is going to be worn underneath.....something....an overshirt, jacket or coat. It's pretty easy to become a bit "over-heated", such as in a store, restuarant and so on. Any other time you just whip off your jacket and your comfy.....but nobody wants to create panic causing half of the restaurant to start dialing 911!!

Since leather draws in moisture and stays damp...forever....you sure don't want your weaponry nestled in dampness. Sooooo......where I'm going with this is, you might consider checking out Uncle Mikes Shoulder Rigs. They are constructed of very tough Kordura fabric that incorporates closed cell foam linings (even if the exterior gets wet, the padding won't absorb moisture to the interior of the holster).

These rigs absolutely protect your carry not only from moisture, but cradle the gun snug with no abrasion wear as leather will do from gun in...gun out...

I use the Uncle Mikes Verticle shoulder rigs for with two of my favorite carries. (Smith 329 PD [.44 mag revolver] and my Beretta PX4 Storm [ full size type F .40 S&W]). They are totally adjustable and after tinkering a while with the adjustments.....are the cats butt for comfort!

By the way, my Beretta is set up with a rail mount laser....and underneath the laser is my tacticle light mounted in a quick disconnect. And....YES....the Beretta slips into the holster with laser and light all attached and ready to go! All the customized fit required, was to remove some stitching below the trigger guard area of the holster.

On the offside of these rigs either a mag pouch or a speedloader pouch is built right in.....I know, that you desire to carry 2 backup magazines, so I can't help you there but with a bit of improvised thinking, I'm sure another pouch could be added!

The rig for my .44 magnum (4" bbl) was also "opened up" a bit to allow for a nice smooth and quick presentation. These setups use a very secure thumbreak retention strap that is quick to snap open (even with a glove on) and have never failed to stay securely snapped shut, no matter what the activity. (OK.....except maybe swimming)! And oh yes, the price will leave you cash left for ammo!

Alrighty then....can I ramble on or what? I DO like the looks of your site here!!! Gotta go see about collecting my check from "Uncle Mikes".

neverenough

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    High Noon makes one for your firearm. I have one of their rigs, the Under Armor, very good for a reasonable price. Exellent customer service and turn around.

I personally wish I could wear one all the time, I find it to be the most comfortable way to carry.
    modernknight likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    High Noon makes one for your firearm. I have one of their rigs, the Under Armor, very good for a reasonable price. Exellent customer service and turn around.

I personally wish I could wear one all the time, I find it to be the most comfortable way to carry.
    Thank you, finally i got one. Cant thank you enough for that info. A little pricey but quality and comfortability comes with a price, picked up the. Undertaker
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

VIP Member
    I have the Undertaker - good choice. Works well for driving and lounging around the house.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    As far as I am concerned, there is only one shoulder holster worth having the Monarch by Andrews Custom Leather. I have one. The reason I like it so much is that it does not have the belt tie-downs; rather, it uses an extra strap across the lower back to provide resistance against which you can draw. The system works very well. The name Monarch refers to the butterfly-shaped connector on the back that attaches to all the straps; it is articulated at all four straps so it is very comfortable and resistant to bunching and twisting.

I use it for a full-size SIG P220 and P226 with two reloads. I think it would make an excellent choice for a full-size M&P.
    modernknight likes this.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Watch on EBay for a Bianchi X15, size Medium. It will fit a variety of guns including your M&P.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Galco Miami Classic or Classic II. I have a Highnoon as well. All work well.

Links