Alessi holsters ?

This is a discussion on Alessi holsters ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone had any experience with their shoulder holsters any help would be welcome....

Thread: Alessi holsters ?

Alessi holsters ?

Has anyone had any experience with their shoulder holsters any help would be welcome.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    The Alessi shoulder holster is one of the best leather shoulder holsters out there. The Alessi is the only one I use on those occasions when I do decide to carry in a shoulder rig.
    The "pull through" retention system makes it just great for sure, fast and easy acquisition of the firearm.

With the Alessi...the firearm is secured in the holster using a snap that snaps inside the trigger guard. All you need to do is get your solid grip on the firearm and pull.

There is no traditional or more common retention strap.

It's a great time proved system. It works flawlessly. Lou Alessi was the inventor of this shoulder holster. It is quite a popular shoulder holster with working plain clothes police detectives who have carried daily in the Alessi for many years.

The holster body itself is molded so well to the firearm and the construction is so good that it's impossible to over-insert the firearm far enough for the snap system to come in contact with the trigger to cause an unintended discharge.

On body re-holstering is a bit more difficult but, that is not really a concern for general daily carry.

The holster straps should be adjusted so that the firearm is positioned directly under the support side armpit with the muzzle canted slightly up.

After you wear it just long enough to get the firearm positioned exactly the way you want it - the extra harness strap material should be cut off.

I normally carry OWB but, sometimes the shoulder holster is a preferred way to carry (for me) I use mine mostly in Winter since (again for me) my draw and presentation is quicker from the shoulder than moving my leather coats and bulkier clothing out of the way at the waist.

Give the Alessi a try. I think you'll like it.

On those rare occasions when I attend a wedding or other such function where I wear dress pants and a suit jacket - carry in a shoulder rig is my best option since I always carry either a SIG P220 or a Colt Combat Commander and a full size/full weight firearm does not carry too well at the waist OWB with a thin, skinny dress belt.

Thank you for your reply it will not b my everyday holster I have a supertuc for that but thought it would b more comfortable in the vehicle an yes also for winter season thanks again for the input it will be for my 40 emp

Administrator
    Here is a quite decent shoulder holster review page.
    Shoulder Holster Review
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator
    The Bodyguard is not available for all firearms though. You'll need to find out if it's available for your intended carry.

Distinguished Member
    Wow that is quite a bit of info on that link. Thanks.

Links