Who carries their pocket pistols in the rear?

This is a discussion on Who carries their pocket pistols in the rear? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been carrying my jframe in a pocket pistol for over a year. Recently I acquired a Ruger LCP (which I am loving). For ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Who carries their pocket pistols in the rear?

I have been carrying my jframe in a pocket pistol for over a year. Recently I acquired a Ruger LCP (which I am loving). For a few weeks I have been using a Nemesis pocket holster in my front pocket. I see wallet holsters are popular. I am going to start carrying the LCP in a wallet holster tomorrow.

Any thoughts on wallet holsters?
    Is it bad to be sitting on your pistol all day (as far as damaging)

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    I am 250 plus pounds and my P3AT holds up, I'll bet the Ruger will be fine. In general I front pocket, if I pocket carry, except with jeans, I just can't draw effectively from the front pocket wearing jeans.
    Last edited by bbqgrill; November 18th, 2011 at 12:25 AM.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Most of the time when I carry my P3AT , it is in a TNT Custom Leather pocket holster in my right rear pocket. It fits well and the shape makes it easier to sit than with it in my left pocket.

Oh, I ditched the finger extension on the magazine because it dug into my backside. While it helps with control when shooting, the trade in comfort was worth it to me. At the table-top distances the P3AT is designed for, not having the finger extension doesn't seem to bother me any.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

I rarely wear jeans, 5.11 cargoes are more my style. The pocket guns go in the cavernous rear pockets when I'm wearing 'em.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
    I have been carrying my jframe in a pocket pistol for over a year. Recently I acquired a Ruger LCP (which I am loving). For a few weeks I have been using a Nemesis pocket holster in my front pocket. I see wallet holsters are popular. I am going to start carrying the LCP in a wallet holster tomorrow.

Any thoughts on wallet holsters?
    Is it bad to be sitting on your pistol all day (as far as damaging)

So many possible smart aleck answers...

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    There's no way I'd carry a gun in my back pocket, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    whatever
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Me either. It's uncomfortable and over a long period of time hurts my back. I still Iwb because it's still easier to get to

I wouldn't rule out back pocket carry. But I prefer front pocket carry.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    whatever
    Whatever? Have something to say?

I think it's a bad idea for many reasons, just my opinion.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I carry in a holster above my right rear pocket, but not in it. Sitting on a gun for any period of time will cause you back pain because it throws your spine out of alignment and it's difficult to access a weapon that you are sitting on.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Whatever? Have something to say?

I think it's a bad idea for many reasons, just my opinion.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    whatever

Ive carried rear pocket for years, both on anad off duty. Never had a problem with my LCP. I dont often carry it off duty, as I opt for a larger caliber weapon, but carry when difficult to hide something larger, but it is frequently a BUG.

I was having a similar thought today. I am trying really hard not to pick up a Sig p238 but I don't think I have the will power to stay away. Anyway I started thinking about back pocket carry since the gun is a bit big for jeans pockets. This brought up some concerns about cocked and locked carry. I have no concerns about the safety of carrying like this but about the side loads that can be placed on the cocked hammer. Do you think it can stand a 275 pound person sitting on it?

I purchased one and was really disappointed there were no 9mm avalible. The ammunition for this thing is dam right expensive ! I noticed once the cases started filling up with the 9's the trade value for the 380 went down the tubes.I was
    at a gunshow and I unloaded British 303 as I just have too many that need ammo purchased.I bought it 4 years ago never fired it.Anyways ,I had 380 on me the guy I sold the 303 to he wanted his hundred back 3 boxes of shells $90.00 for a 9mm.
    When he was done I asked him was that all. Then there was a kid hang ing around trying to buy it and I said no!I told the young man I wasn't hard up trying to unload it for little or nothing.Come to think of it maybe the feds might of had a few plants around seeing if they could pinch some citizens.I never lost money selling firearms but I hate to part with them!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links