Hays Holsters, EXCELLENT!

This is a discussion on Hays Holsters, EXCELLENT! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Guys- If you're in the market for a holster, stock or custom made to your specs you have to check out Hays Holsters . Not ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Philly Boy

Thread: Hays Holsters, EXCELLENT!

Hays Holsters, EXCELLENT!

Guys-

If you're in the market for a holster, stock or custom made to your specs you have to check out Hays Holsters. Not only is Jeff a supporter of our forum here but he is an excellent holster maker and an even better guy. You cannot get better customer service than this guy!

So a little back story: I posted on here a while back about looking for a holster to use while horse back riding. Jeff replied to the post and said he had something in stock that might work, a cross draw rig with a retention strap for a 3" SP101, what are the odds? I looked at the pictures he sent via email and pulled the trigger. The holster was SUPER reasonably priced and I ordered a speed strip holder to match. Here's a picture of that rig......

So I received the holster and tried it while riding and didnt really like how high it rode. I posted up here again looking for advice on a different style of holster. Jeff must actively monitor and respond to this forum and he replied to my thread and said "Hey sorry the first one didn't work, email me and I'll make it right." I was blown away, I love the cross draw rig for carrying in the car and on the tractor, just not riding. It's not as if the guy sold me some sub par product, he sold me a genuinely great product at a great price and it just happened not to work and he wants to help me out finding something that works?!?! Awesome.

Again I cant tell you how much I like the crossdraw rig, I was in no way displeased with it, it just didnt work with my application. Jeff and I traded emails back and forth about a new design and shared ideas. Jeff turned the new holster around in ~1 week and shipped it to my house. All I can say again is wow on the customer service, quality and functionality. This new holster works awesome as a field holster as well at all times while mounted on horseback. I love it! Here's a picture of that rig......

So guys if you're looking for something custom or something fairly stock, drop Jeff a line. You will not be sorry with his product. In a time in which most companies seem to have very little interest in customer service it is awesome to find someone so willing to care about his customers.

-Josh

2. Remove Ads

Both of those holsters look very nice, like the grips on the sp101,,,, where did you get them?
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Looks like he does nice work. I am looking for a holster similar to the one Tom Sellack wears in his show Blue Bloods. Some one is supposed to be sending me one. If that doesn't happen I'll contact Jeff and see if we can come up with what I'm looking for. Thanks for tip and pics.

Pretty!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

That is some nice looking leather!
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by tawcat View Post
    Looks like he does nice work. I am looking for a holster similar to the one Tom Sellack wears in his show Blue Bloods. Some one is supposed to be sending me one. If that doesn't happen I'll contact Jeff and see if we can come up with what I'm looking for. Thanks for tip and pics.
    It looks a lot like an old Tom Threepersons design.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    It looks a lot like an old Tom Threepersons design.
    Other than the fact that the trigger & trigger guard are covered, true.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I have a Hays OWB for my LCR and I love it. I may pick up a crossdraw rig in the future from him. Yours look pretty nice.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I specifically requested a covered trigger guard. I have on more than one occasion snag my shirt or belt on a branch or vine while on horse back, lets just say I didn't want to risk it........some people cite faster draw for having an exposed trigger but I just cant make myself do it unless it were a single action. With this holster I can put a full grip on the gun before I draw, makes it kind of a moot point for me. YMMV.

I have about four holsters from Jeff and they are all excellent: very well made, attention to detail and more than reasonable expense. Great guy and great with whom to do business.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I have dealt with him on a few occasions. Always glade I did.

Now I wish I could find a holster for a G19 to wear while backpacking. Maybe he can help.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    You're right, TTP didn't cover the trigger and guard originally. I think there was a later version that did, but I've been wrong before. :)
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Link to website?

Hays Holsters

I have 4 holsters from Jeff and they are all fantastic. I've bought holsters costing twice as much and they are gone and Jeff's are still with me.

A Hays is a holster in leather,
    For quality you can't do any better.
    It will last and last,
    And get to you fast---
    Give Jeff, for his hat, a BIG FEATHER!
    (Apologies to poets everywhere).
    Haystacker likes this.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Links