Brigade Holsters M-11

Brigade Holsters M-11

This is a discussion on Brigade Holsters M-11 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First, I am new to the Forum, so hello to all. Second, I have done some digging through old posts in an attempt to avoid ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Brigade Holsters M-11

  1. #1
    Member Array CPT_Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    118

    Brigade Holsters M-11

    First, I am new to the Forum, so hello to all.

    Second, I have done some digging through old posts in an attempt to avoid repetitive posting but could not find any recent posts regarding Brigade Holsters M-11 rig.

    I am considering buying this rig, but am a little turned off by the posts about several people waiting a seemingly infinite time to receive their rig. I also noticed that all of these complaints occurred in 2007-08. A post by Troy (Brigade Holsters' owner I assume) states that he had many complications in this timeframe. He say's he has rectified the problem and is turning out rigs much quicker. Can anyone verify this?

    Has anyone had an experience with Brigade Holsters in the past year? I would love to hear the feedback. I have an HK P2000SK. I have heard that there is also a problem with the M-11 not having site rails, is this still and issue? If I've missed a review in the past year, my apologies, and can you provide the link?

    Thanks all,

    Jason


  2. #2
    Sponsor
    Array BrigadeGunLeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Osawatomie, Kansas
    Posts
    101
    Hi, Jason... I noticed this post since a member emailed me to let me know you had a few questions. Anyway, I don't often have time to log onto any forum since I usually have time only to work mostly. Anyway, in the past my wait times got out of control. I stopped taking orders for two years and now that I have been taking orders again in 2011 I am filling up quick. My current/today wait times are going to be somewhere around 4-6 months depending on what it is exactly. I never do win any awards with my turnaround times but I know the quality I produces is top notch. I use hardly any dye and zero plastic type coatings. I use old world techniques which include saddle oil, stain, and two different types of waxes (my own special blends) to get the right "hand" and finish to the holster. Here are a few photos. Also by the way I incorporate several types of sight rails including stitched rails also. Please feel free to email me and I will call you if you have any other questions. I will include a few photos for you and a video link. Happy Thanksgiving to you. I offer free shipping to any forum member to ease a little with the long wait times.











    IMG_7491a.jpgIMG_7529a.jpgIMG_7885a.jpgIMG_8010b.jpgIMG_8012b.jpgIMG_8085b.jpg
    Last edited by BrigadeGunLeather; November 25th, 2011 at 10:42 AM.
    Brigade GunLeather maker of custom holsters
    www.brigadegunleather.com

    Custom 1911 pistolsmith Custom 1911 Pistols
    www.harpcustom.com

    troyharp@brigadegunleather.com

    Please contact me via phone or email for any leather holsters status or questions, thanks. 1-888-600-2377

  3. #3
    Member Array CPT_Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    118
    Troy, thank you for the response, email has been sent. I am looking for some real life feedback of some of your customers. I would like to know from a 3rd party how a recent buying experience has transpired. I'm sure someone on this forum has bought from you recently... at least I would hope so...

    Thanks again, and looking for more insight,

    Jason

  4. #4
    Member Array leathernuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    218
    Jason,
    I had the M 11 back when i had a Kimber 3". Nice holster and Troy was always a pleasure to deal with. I never had any problems and I dont recall having to wait all that long to be honest. Maybe a month max? I know this doesnt help as this was a couple years ago, but I thought Id chime in. Good luck.
    CC:
    Glock 19 Gen 3 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Glock 26 Gen 4 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Karh PM9 in a Isotope 7 (made by Gary Brommeland)
    Home Protection:
    Mossberg 500 and Kimber Custom II 1911.

  5. #5
    Member Array CPT_Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    118
    Received yesterday. I'll have a full review with pictures as soon as I get some more time with it. Initial impression: Beautiful and worth the wait.

    Jason

  6. #6
    Senior Member Array Cokeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    986
    That took a while
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

  7. #7
    Member Array lyodbraun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    308
    Man I'm still waiting on my holster from Brigade placed my order back in February i called them he told me just couple more weeks.... well thats came and went... and still no holster... i sure hope it gets done soon im in desperate need of it LOL....

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

  8. #8
    Member Array CPT_Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    Man I'm still waiting on my holster from Brigade placed my order back in February i called them he told me just couple more weeks.... well thats came and went... and still no holster... i sure hope it gets done soon im in desperate need of it LOL....

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Have patience my friend. It'll be worth it, mine is beautiful and worth all of the frustrations. The worst part of the buying process was hearing, "a few more weeks" every few weeks. I wish I'd been told 9 more months instead, but it is what it is. And what it is is a custom made holster that'll likely last a very long time. I'll put pictures up once life slows down enough, likely next couple days. Hang in there, you'll forget all about the wait once you open your mailbox...

    One point of interest though, make sure YOU are the one at the house to sign for the package. The restricted delivery made it impossible for even my wife to sign for it. I had to pick it up from the post office the next day.

    Jason

  9. #9
    Member Array lyodbraun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    308
    Oh yea that sucks having to sign for it.. knowing my luck I'll be at work when it comes .. wonder why he sends it that way???? Yea i sure hope its done soon LOL.. but its like being a kid waiting for Christmas LOL...

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

  10. #10
    Member Array tropicoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA!!!
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    Oh yea that sucks having to sign for it.. knowing my luck I'll be at work when it comes .. wonder why he sends it that way???? Yea i sure hope its done soon LOL.. but its like being a kid waiting for Christmas LOL...

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I have nothing to add in regards to the holster, but I noticed your avatar. Super Sic was an excellent racer! I'm assuming you ride/race?

  11. #11
    Member Array lyodbraun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicoz View Post
    I have nothing to add in regards to the holster, but I noticed your avatar. Super Sic was an excellent racer! I'm assuming you ride/race?
    Yup raced wera for two years back bout 14 yrs ago LOL.. just sold my bike a year or so ago it was a 08 ZX-10R.. yea marco was a great talented racer its to bad hes no longer around...

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

  12. #12
    Sponsor
    Array BrigadeGunLeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Osawatomie, Kansas
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by CPT_Rich View Post
    Have patience my friend. It'll be worth it, mine is beautiful and worth all of the frustrations. The worst part of the buying process was hearing, "a few more weeks" every few weeks. I wish I'd been told 9 more months instead, but it is what it is. And what it is is a custom made holster that'll likely last a very long time. I'll put pictures up once life slows down enough, likely next couple days. Hang in there, you'll forget all about the wait once you open your mailbox...

    One point of interest though, make sure YOU are the one at the house to sign for the package. The restricted delivery made it impossible for even my wife to sign for it. I had to pick it up from the post office the next day.

    Jason

    Thank you very much, Jason for your comments. I truly appreciate that very much. I am very glad you are going to be able to use them a lot. Remember I told your wife on the phone that you will get 10% off on any future order.

    Sincerely, Troy Harp
    Brigade GunLeather maker of custom holsters
    www.brigadegunleather.com

    Custom 1911 pistolsmith Custom 1911 Pistols
    www.harpcustom.com

    troyharp@brigadegunleather.com

    Please contact me via phone or email for any leather holsters status or questions, thanks. 1-888-600-2377

  13. #13
    Sponsor
    Array BrigadeGunLeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Osawatomie, Kansas
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    Oh yea that sucks having to sign for it.. knowing my luck I'll be at work when it comes .. wonder why he sends it that way???? Yea i sure hope its done soon LOL.. but its like being a kid waiting for Christmas LOL...

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I send orders that are over a certain dollar amount, signature restricted. The reason I have done that lately is due to the long wait times and the fact that over the last year I have sent two separate orders to customers addresses that were on file and then when it was delivered it turned out that the individual that had ordered it fail to tell me that he no longer lived with his girlfriend and.... she kept it and denied receiving it to him. This happened to me twice with slightly different situations.... and I had to remake those orders all over again and with no recovery of the hard work that I shipped out....so to correct the problem and to ensure the correct person actually receives the custom large order, I restrict the delivery on items over a certain amount.

    Anyway, (lyodbraun) email me at forummember@brigadegunleather.com and give me your name and order # if you have it and I will shoot you back how close it is to shipping. Over the last few weeks I have been up very late working on orders, often till midnight, trying to get more done until I can get more caught up. Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you. Please excuse my grammar, it is late and I have a little more work left to do, good night.

    Sincerely, Troy Harp
    Brigade GunLeather maker of custom holsters
    www.brigadegunleather.com

    Custom 1911 pistolsmith Custom 1911 Pistols
    www.harpcustom.com

    troyharp@brigadegunleather.com

    Please contact me via phone or email for any leather holsters status or questions, thanks. 1-888-600-2377

  14. #14
    Member Array lyodbraun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigadeGunLeather View Post
    I send orders that are over a certain dollar amount, signature restricted. The reason I have done that lately is due to the long wait times and the fact that over the last year I have sent two separate orders to customers addresses that were on file and then when it was delivered it turned out that the individual that had ordered it fail to tell me that he no longer lived with his girlfriend and.... she kept it and denied receiving it to him. This happened to me twice with slightly different situations.... and I had to remake those orders all over again and with no recovery of the hard work that I shipped out....so to correct the problem and to ensure the correct person actually receives the custom large order, I restrict the delivery on items over a certain amount.

    Anyway, (lyodbraun) email me at forummember@brigadegunleather.com and give me your name and order # if you have it and I will shoot you back how close it is to shipping. Over the last few weeks I have been up very late working on orders, often till midnight, trying to get more done until I can get more caught up. Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you. Please excuse my grammar, it is late and I have a little more work left to do, good night.

    Sincerely, Troy Harp
    Yeah thats what I got to thinking it saves your butt when someone out there trys to screw ya over and lie saying it was never delivered... well you could send mine normal with no restrictions LOL... email will be sent to ya, for info on my order.. thanks...

  15. #15
    Member Array CPT_Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    118

    Pictures Posted

    Here is a link to some pictures of the rig. Review pending, maybe tonight.

    Pictures

    Jason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

brigade gunleather images
,
brigade gunleather m11
,
brigade gunleather m11 review
,

brigade gunleather review

,
brigade gunleather reviews
,
brigade holster
,

brigade holsters

,
brigade holsters review
,
brigade holtsers
,
brigade m-11 holster
,
brigade.holster.hide
,
m-11 holsters
Click on a term to search for related topics.