Very happy to be a member, finally!

This is a discussion on Very happy to be a member, finally! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After months of research and my parents ending up offering to buy one for me as a 27th Birthday gift.. I went ahead and ordered ...

Thread: Very happy to be a member, finally!

Very happy to be a member, finally!

After months of research and my parents ending up offering to buy one for me as a 27th Birthday gift.. I went ahead and ordered a Comp-Tac CTAC holster for my Glock 26.. I've been so badly wanting a solid reliable holster that I can finally chamber a round in and not feel uncomfortable, took a few adjustments out of the box and this thing I gotta say, is AMAZING. Couple dozen dry draws and I am already 100% fully comfortable in having a round chambered. No more Blackhawk nylon holsters for me.

4 O'clock with forward cant, and the top of the holster just barely visible at the upper pant line, great comfort.'

And yes, I know that walking around with an un-chambered gun for 5 months was pretty pointless but also finding the right holster for me was equally challenging.

EDIT: Some of you may be wondering what I mean by happy to finally be a member, by that I mean, a member of the smart responsible carriers out there. Using quality gear rather than local gun shop garbage, and happy to be a member of the Condition One club. I know for some (including myself) it's a big step in responsibility.

I was going to order a TT Gunleather IWB. But being without something good at the time I didn't want to have to wait possibly 3-6 months longer. Half a year wait times on another holster wouldn't be a big deal now, but doubt I will be changing anytime soon.

2. Remove Ads

Awesome!!!!,hope it works out for you.

Well done!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

" The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Administrator
    Congrats! Welcome into the fold.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Pretty soon, it'll all be old hat!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Please tell me more about the comp-tac. I was thinking about a crossbreed for my glock 27. I still purse carry my SW 3913 but really want a body holster for my Glocks. My "significant other" will be picking up the tab.

Welcome from Arizona!
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    Please tell me more about the comp-tac. I was thinking about a crossbreed for my glock 27. I still purse carry my SW 3913 but really want a body holster for my Glocks. My "significant other" will be picking up the tab.
    I bought the Comp-Tac CTAC because I wanted to give a full Kydex (form of composite custom molded plastic) holster a try, I liked that it fully retains shape when worn for amazing re-holstering ease and ability, also when I was buying although I originally was going to go with a full leather, read that Kydex is better for warmer climates so that was another key feature for me, and the gun will be in the holster 24/7/365 when not being shot or cleaned, I don't know how true it is but I read and heard that leaving a firearm new or old in a leather holster will require a little more care because of the way leather reacts..

There is a half leather/kydex version called the MTAC but while people said it claims to have better comfort it doesn't offer the snap in fit like the CTAC.

I'm glad I went with the CTAC over the MTAC.. And I'm glad I went Comp-Tac over something ilke the Milt Sparks or TT Gunleather, getting that perfect height and cant to MY personal preference is great, not having to worry about if a custom made 6 month wait non adjustable leather holster will be too high or not the right angle for me.

Here are some quick shots I took.

Glad to see you you like the CTAC. I currently carry a Glock 22 in the MTAC. I love it and have found it to be incredibly comfortable. I like the look of your CTAC, though, so I might have to try one of those out as well. Enjoy and stay safe.

Congrats!
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

I loc-tited all the screws and modified the clips to my liking. This thing is still amazes me.

Links