Best IWB holster for Glock 27?

This is a discussion on Best IWB holster for Glock 27? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One I tried was way too big, too much padding, how I carry now is just tucked inside my waist band...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Best IWB holster for Glock 27?

One I tried was way too big, too much padding, how I carry now is just tucked inside my waist band

I carry my G27 in a C-Tac at 1 o'clock (appendix carry) with a tucked in shirt every day. The reasons are that the kidex is thinner than standard leather and the off set clips keep it low profile. Then, carrying it at 1 o'clock feels more comfortable to me because the holster is against the soft part of my lower abdomen, which also minimizes the "bump" you will have if carried on your hip.

As I said, I conceal this gun every day with a tucked in shirt without any problems. I spend approximately 9 hours sitting in my office every day and it does not bother me at all. It may or may not work for you. I am 5'10" and 170 lbs.
    DrJ likes this.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I use a Galco Royal Guard for my G19 everyday. Galco IWB Royal Guard Concealment Holster - Magills.com

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by afojc View Post
    how I carry now is just tucked inside my waist band
    You can do as you chose but this is an exceptionally unsafe manner to carry a loaded firearm.

My EDC is a G27; I carry in a Comp-Tac M-tac hybrid leather and kydex. The double clips balance the weight very evenly on the belt, after hundreds of dollars on other holsters, I have found this most comfortable and practical.

Take Care be safe
    Hopyard likes this.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I have carried my Glock I'm the Galco belly band and it has worked pretty well for me. You can carry additional clips as well. I would highly suggest this or a comp-tac over carrying without a holster. I did that in the past and my pistol was very much unsecured and I had to constantly adjust it. Plus just not very safe IMO.

Not a good idea to carry w/out a holster. Very unsafe. I currently use a Phoenix from Occidental Leather for my 26 & 27. It is very comfortable. Other's that work well, MTAC, Crossbreed ST, Milt Sparks SS II or VM II.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by afojc View Post
    One I tried was way too big, too much padding, how I carry now is just tucked inside my waist band
    that is not a very good way to carry, the closest holster to use which is like just tucking it in would be a remora. do a search of this site for the many remora threads.
    Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster
    wormy likes this.

Check out the ArchAngel from Dale Fricke. It's what I carry my G26 in, and I've been very pleased.

I like to keep things simple. I carry my G27 in a Galco Tuc-N-Go. It's an inexpensive holster but it holds the weapon well and conceals well. YMMV.

All I can offer is a suggestion for one I just got but love 50 times over, the Comp-Tac CTAC for my 26. I highly recommend it.

pictures here > Very happy to be a member, finally!
    Anubis likes this.

I have 6-7 of these for various firearms.
    Easy draw/one-hand re-holster, quality leather, quick delivery, reasonably priced...FIST, INC.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I carry a Sig P226 in a M-tec and a G19 in a CBST. I am a fan of both, but am starting to favor the M-tec for comfort. Dont become a youtube video, get a holster if you carry a firearm.

I carry both my Taurus 745 and M&P .40c in a Gould & Goodrich 810 (it's designed for the G27, but they fit well). Very comfortable and well built.
    The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved

Budget? If you don't want to spend alot get a reinforced remora.Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster I have $xxx.xx holsters but I carry the Remora ~80% of the time ~ $30. Get. It will hold you off if you want a fancy leather shark skin something if not this is all you need. JME G27 if my EDC gun in the remora

Most comfortable holster I have for my Glock 27 is a Kholster. I use that or a Smartcarry almost every day.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links