Galco Stow and Go for M&P compact (bought it)

This is a discussion on Galco Stow and Go for M&P compact (bought it) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by smolck Well, I just couldn't help myself. Dropped by my LGS and picked it up. Initial impression is I like it. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Galco Stow and Go for M&P compact (bought it)

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Well, I just couldn't help myself. Dropped by my LGS and picked it up. Initial impression is I like it. I like the rough horsehide, I like the easy clip on, clip off, and it is surprisingly comfy. Also the mouth is reinforced so it stays open even inside my belt.

I'll beat around the house in it for a day or two and see if I change my mind. I think this may be a winner when I just need something quick and concealable. As you can see by the pics, I have a lot of Galco gear for this M&P.

Still not "perfect" though, the search continues.
    i see that you have both the summer comfort and the king tuck, how do you like them and what one would you suggest over the other? i have a springfield XDSC and have been going back and forth between the two and which one i want to get.your thoughts??

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by J0eyg86 View Post
    i see that you have both the summer comfort and the king tuck, how do you like them and what one would you suggest over the other? i have a springfield XDSC and have been going back and forth between the two and which one i want to get.your thoughts??
    I'll say this, the king tuck distributes weight better, is adjustable, and very comfy. It is probably more concealable too and obviously, you can tuck in a shirt over it. If you have a heavier firearm, it is no contest, the king tuck is better.

For something like my M&P compact, I actually prefer the summer comfort. But I am partial to leather. Oddly enough, in jeans the king tuck gets more use, for some reason my summer comfort just doesn't fit right in jeans. In my cargo shorts (which I wear 80% of the year) the summer comfort fits best. I will say, the lower edge of the summer comfort can dig into my butt a little bit when I wear it. Partially because it is so smooth it slips down some. If I had it to do again I would have bought the Galco Royal Guard which is rough side out. But I wear the summer comfort often in shorts.

Hope that helps.

The disease is buying holsters. I have a bunch for my gun I "like" but am ever in search of that "perfect" holster that doesn't exist
    +1 buddy!

I'll say this, the king tuck distributes weight better, is adjustable, and very comfy. It is probably more concealable too and obviously, you can tuck in a shirt over it. If you have a heavier firearm, it is no contest, the king tuck is better.

For something like my M&P compact, I actually prefer the summer comfort. But I am partial to leather. Oddly enough, in jeans the king tuck gets more use, for some reason my summer comfort just doesn't fit right in jeans. In my cargo shorts (which I wear 80% of the year) the summer comfort fits best. I will say, the lower edge of the summer comfort can dig into my butt a little bit when I wear it. Partially because it is so smooth it slips down some. If I had it to do again I would have bought the Galco Royal Guard which is rough side out. But I wear the summer comfort often in shorts.

Hope that helps.
    thank you yes it does. ive been going back and forth with what one to get first, b/c im sure ill end up with them both lol. thanks for the insite

VIP Member
    I hav a stow an go. It is very light, thin, soft, covers the triggers very well and has enough give in it to be a all da carry rig.

I have the Stow and Go for several pistols including the M&P Compact, but I carry it in a Galco King Tuk.
    Galco also makes a version of the Stow and Go that has a clip that hooks under your belt and makes the holster tuckable.
    Don't remember the name of it, but I carry my Glock 26 in it and it works really well. About 10 dollars more than the Stow and Go. Pretty nice off the shelf holsters.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    I hav a stow an go. It is very light, thin, soft, covers the triggers very well and has enough give in it to be a all da carry rig.
    Yeah, I haven't carried it "all day" but for the few times I have left the house with it on, I haven't even noticed my pistol was there. I suppose I should have waited to buy it till spring. For me, the weather has finally gotten "chilly" (66 degrees today) enough for a windbreaker or jacket. This allows me to use my ultra comfy Galco Cop 3 Slot OWB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links