Galco Stow and Go for M&P compact (bought it)

This is a discussion on Galco Stow and Go for M&P compact (bought it) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The disease is buying holsters. I have a bunch for my gun I "like" but am ever in search of that "perfect" holster that doesn't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Galco Stow and Go for M&P compact (bought it)

The disease is buying holsters. I have a bunch for my gun I "like" but am ever in search of that "perfect" holster that doesn't exist, anyways, I digress.

So today at the range I see they have the Galco Stow and go for my compact M&P for $29. Anyone have one? Like it? Not? Thoughts? Seems like a deal at $29.

Thanks!
    Last edited by smolck; November 29th, 2011 at 06:47 PM.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I don't own a Stow and Go, but I have that same illness that keeps me searching for new rigs to try out. I think it's common and highly contagious.

I think I caught from unsafe forum habits...

I consider myself lucky, then. I use SuperTucks, and that's about it.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Administrator
    "but am ever in search of that "perfect" holster that doesn't exist,"

It's out there you just need to find it. Keep buying - the economy could really use some help.
    Okemo, AZ Hawk and JerryMac like this.

Nice to know it isn't an uncommon disease. I already have my Miami Classic on order for my Christmas gift to myself, but wanted to pick this one up too. Looks like a good design for when I just want to grab my gun and go without having to do much. Clip on and done. What the heck, for $29 how can I lose? I'll post my review in a day or so.

Well, I just couldn't help myself. Dropped by my LGS and picked it up. Initial impression is I like it. I like the rough horsehide, I like the easy clip on, clip off, and it is surprisingly comfy. Also the mouth is reinforced so it stays open even inside my belt.

I'll beat around the house in it for a day or two and see if I change my mind. I think this may be a winner when I just need something quick and concealable. As you can see by the pics, I have a lot of Galco gear for this M&P.

Still not "perfect" though, the search continues.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    "but am ever in search of that "perfect" holster that doesn't exist,"

It's out there you just need to find it. Keep buying - the economy could really use some help.
    Oh my, YES. Imagine it. The economy turned around and rejuvinated by gun purchases, ammo, holster and accessories. That would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Okemo View Post
    Oh my, YES. Imagine it. The economy turned around and rejuvinated by gun purchases, ammo, holster and accessories. That would be sweet.
    And then the Government will find a way to over-regulate the sales of those too and screw it up.

yes i have one for my springfield XD SC, its a good little holster and in about a week or two the leather really forms to the gun on its own really nicely. ive been using it for 8 months +/- and havent had a problem with it at all and would buy one again for other guns w/out hesitation

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Nice to know it isn't an uncommon disease. I already have my Miami Classic on order for my Christmas gift to myself, but wanted to pick this one up too. Looks like a good design for when I just want to grab my gun and go without having to do much. Clip on and done. What the heck, for $29 how can I lose? I'll post my review in a day or so.
    HA! That's funny I just put on my Miami Classic II and Sig P229 and am headed out to pick up dinner. Ordered a Garret Industries AIWB Hybrid last night, should be here in a couple weeks. Holsters are for guys like shoes are for girls. Of course I happen to have a shoe fetish as well.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    HA! That's funny I just put on my Miami Classic II and Sig P229 and am headed out to pick up dinner. Ordered a Garret Industries AIWB Hybrid last night, should be here in a couple weeks. Holsters are for guys like shoes are for girls. Of course I happen to have a shoe fetish as well.
    Funny, my wife said that to me last night. She said "you are like a woman and shoes!". But nonetheless she went with me when I bought it (to her credit). How do you like the Miami Classic? Are the thin straps an issue when wearing for a long time?

OH, and FYI to those reading, if you have a bit of a gut this holster doesn't work for AIWB position.

The Miami Classic II has the thick straps and the open mag carrier. I like the thicker straps which may not be as concealable, but offer much better weight distribution. The holster was extremely tight from Galco, I worked on it for about a week before I could reliably draw my P229 without having to violently yank it from the rig, (this was with backing the tension screw all the way out). I ended up needing to wrap the pistol in plastic and let it set for a couple of days in between working the leather and drawing and inserting the firearm while watching TV. Tightest holster I've ever owned, but after break in it's fine. It took me a few tries to get the rig and mag carrier adjusted to the optimal concealed position which is fairly high, tucked up under my armpits. I play the Miami Vice theme music when I'm gearing up. LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    Tightest holster I've ever owned, but after break in it's fine. It took me a few tries to get the rig and mag carrier adjusted to the optimal concealed position which is fairly high, tucked up under my armpits. I play the Miami Vice theme music when I'm gearing up. LOL!!!
    All Galco holsters are pretty tight, I have 4 and all of them were like that. And yes, I have my white suit and hot pink t-shirt pressed and ready to wear.

Gonna have the wife read this post, she thought it was just me that had the non treatable disease.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links