Does your holster and draw require you to shift your grip before you fire? - Page 3

Does your holster and draw require you to shift your grip before you fire?

This is a discussion on Does your holster and draw require you to shift your grip before you fire? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've never really noticed if it does or doesn't. I assume it doesn't since it's in my pocket. I just know where the gun is ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Does your holster and draw require you to shift your grip before you fire?

I've never really noticed if it does or doesn't. I assume it doesn't since it's in my pocket. I just know where the gun is suppose to be in my hand when I fire it. I guess I am more concerned about target than anything else.

It's like what many of you posters have said....it takes practice and muscle memory.

All my OWB Kydex holsters are from Personal Security Systems and they all allow for full grip, of course. IWB Kydex is the Comp-Tac C-TAC, which also allows for full grip. When donning leather, it's a Milt Sparks or a Ryan Grizzle, also setup for full grip.

Someone mentioned a pocket holster before and if I understood them correctly, they had to use a finger to push down on the holster as they drew the weapon to make sure the holster didn't come out with the firearm. Might want to look into pocket holsters designed to stay in the pocket as you draw. The one I use (when I have no other choice) has a piece that literally hooks in my pocket and it won't let the holster come out. It's actually a pain in the butt to get it out at all so it works as designed!

Check your holsters. If you can't get a high grip on your firearm, while wrapping all your fingers around the grip and have to adjust once it clears the holsters you might want to try some different holsters. My two cents anyway.. :)
    In honor of AW2 Jason Lawson (The Law). We'll never forget you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links