G26 Pocket Holster?

This is a discussion on G26 Pocket Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone use their G26 in a pocket holster? I have some tactical type pants that could handle this, but I'm wondering what your experience ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: G26 Pocket Holster?

G26 Pocket Holster?

Does anyone use their G26 in a pocket holster? I have some tactical type pants that could handle this, but I'm wondering what your experience has been like. I know some think the 26 is too big for the pocket, but I think I can handle it with some of my cargo types. Thanks for your input.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove Ads

you got some big pockets. Remora makes a pocket holster. The material reall stays put in your pocket. I don't carry in the pocket but Highnoon and UBG holsters look pretty good. There IWB holsters are anyways

I know it isn't the fastest to draw and have ready but I carry my G26 with my MIC holster in my pocket on occasion. I have practiced drawing and pulling the cord on the MIC with no issues.
    Philly Boy likes this.

I believe the G26 is commonly referred to as the " pocket pistol" or "Baby Glock". I'm not a Glock owner but I understand that the "Mernickle Holster" is the most indicated holster for this gun. In any case congratulations on your purchace.

Quote Originally Posted by bolocanolo View Post
    I believe the G26 is commonly referred to as the " pocket pistol" or "Baby Glock". I'm not a Glock owner but I understand that the "Mernickle Holster" is the most indicated holster for this gun. In any case congratulations on your purchace.
    Yeah I have you held a "Baby Glock" If you can put it your pocket with a holster. You have big pockets. I'm not saying it can't be done just it would seem uncomfortable?? But that's just me.

I agree, I wouldn't carry it in a pocket, its too big. The gun weighs 21.5 ounces and measures 6 1/2 in. "very large pockets".

The only pocket mine will fit into are the large side pockets on cargo shorts or pants.

Pocket carry a Glock-26 and watch the women hang around...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have one of these for my G27 I use the Harpoon for my cargo pants.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

i use one for the chest pocket of my Harley leather jacket.. Like having the extra security covering the trigger, yet it draw just as fast as not having a holster.

It's all what you get used to..... My normal carry is a Sig Sauer P220 Carry. It weighs in at 30.5 oz unloaded......probably near 3 lbs loaded. I carry it aiwb in a Dale Fricke Archangel holster. When I want to wear a tucked shirt, I pocket carry my Glock 26 in my front left pocket. Sure, it's heavier than my Ruger LCR (22 oz vs 13.5 oz) but it's carrying 11 rounds of 124 gr Gold Dot (vs 3 rounds of 135 gr gold dot). If you lay the Ruger LCR on a table and set the Glock 26 on top.....they have nearly the same outside dimensions. A little blockier and heavier, but they fit in my pocket just about the same. With a good belt, I can carry either with no problem. Sure, there are other pocket 9mm's that are lighter.....say 16-20 oz, but they are usually single stacks carrying only 6 or 7 rounds and in my experience.....maybe not as reliable as the Glock.

In Cargo shorts in the summer only.

not a pocket gun. dont put it in your pocket. its too big.

I carry a 27 in a thigh pocket,had a local holster maker make me a holster with thin rubber on the exterior,so the holster stays put if i draw.

I carried my 26 in a cargo pocket holster(can't remember from who though). I liked it, but after a while, I didn't care for it anymore. It would start banging into my leg after a while. And I found out that after running after my 2 year old or having to walk fast, the whole rig would rotate so the muzzle would be pointing behind me. It also had an extension where you could put a spare mag. I couldn't get a propper grip with the spare mag installed. I ended up going back to the Summer Comfort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links