I feel like I have a pringles Can down my pants at 4 o'clock

This is a discussion on I feel like I have a pringles Can down my pants at 4 o'clock within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by deadguy guess it's better than feeling like you have one at 6 o'clock Deleting the mental image now......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: I feel like I have a pringles Can down my pants at 4 o'clock

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    guess it's better than feeling like you have one at 6 o'clock

Deleting the mental image now...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Timezoneguy View Post
    I decided if someone ever asked me what that buldge ( I carry at 4:30) is I would tell them it is an insulin pump.
    If anybody ever asks me I will answer the truth. It is a pain management pump. (It keeps me out of pain and pumps bullets in bad guy)

I have been wearing a smartcarry for the last few days and like all other holsters it take some time to get used to.

But with me working on my back and rolling on my sides it seems to be the only way to carry at work.

RKM
    Almost any holster with the big slab of leather that fits against your body and the kydex piece the gun fits into, will make IWB carry much more comfortable. Comp-tac, Cross Breed, Glaco, Destantis, there are loads more that make that type of holster. I carried with just a simple kydex holster for over a year. Recently switched to a Galco King Tuk. It's awesome. It's a lot more affordable that the Comp-Tac's and Cross Breeds.

A good holster will definitely help with the "bulge". Good will be different for each gun/person combination. I found that a RCS works best for me and my M&P9c. I rarely carry IWB AND tucked, but I have done it and it does work. I always check with the wife to make sure its in the right position and my shirt is properly bloused over my belt before heading out for the day. A few other little tips I've learned in the past few years I've carried:

1. Darker clothing hides better (the gun, the bulge, etc)
    2. Always wear a matching belt & clips (black clips peeking out from under a light brown belt will stick out terribly and if anyone knows what to look for - you're made). I had to buy extra IWB clips for my RCS and paint them brown to match my most common belts
    3. Don't wear tight-fitting dress clothes

Now, that being said... when I do occasionally carry IWB and tucked, I do still have a slight bulge with my RCS holster. I don't usre a "gun belt", I just use a standard dress belt, and maybe thats why. Perhaps someone more experienced can enlighten us on the pluses of using a gun belt. Hope that helps some though.

OpJ

RCS = Raven Concealment Systems (meant to add that in originally)

Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    If anybody ever asks me I will answer the truth. It is a pain management pump. (It keeps me out of pain and pumps bullets in bad guy)
    Ya know... lately I've been considering referring to my PDW as a "medical device". Most people won't inquire past that because it dredges into typically highly-personal areas thats really none of their business anyway. And it is a life-saving device... as much as an AED, IMO, should the situation require it.

OpJ

I feel like I have a pringles Can down my pants at 4 o'clock
    What the heck are you eating at 3 o'clock? :D

Sorry, had to.

From the sounds of it as much as I research there is NO substitute to trying them out and wearing them. I was hoping to not have a drawer full either. Thats why Im also keeping an eye out in the members for sale area too. Im hoping the K holster/cb type of holsters do it but we will see......
    Id rather buy bullets! hehehehe

Thunder71......3 oclock is where my ham sammy is...DUH......
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

kholster is having a sale right now, something like $39 shipped...

I also believe most holster makers offer some sort of money back guarantee if you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    That's what she said!!!
    I can't believe it took to #7 to get this comment. Well played my friend....well played.
    Mattmann likes this.

I have a White Hat IWB (essentially identical to CBST). Works well and is quite comfortable under an untucked shirt, BUT I just don't know what people are thinking when they believe that the belt clips aren't kind of obvious/strange looking. Yes, most people won't notice, yes, most who do won't care. That's not the point: if you really need absolute concealability, such as at a workplace where it's important for you not to be outed, I just don't see how you could ever relax with a "tuckable" holster. One option would be the CBST clips that velcro to the inside of the belt (special order for both clips and belt), but that would only feel minimally acceptable to me. +1 on the SmartCarry, the only holster I've tried (in my admittedly limited experience) that really felt truly, securely hidden.

sgb
    You need two things a STIFF belt designed to carry the weight of a firearm and a QUALITY holster. Uncle Mikes is mostly CRAP.

Now holsters are in many ways like clothing, a brand and style that's comfortable for others may not be comfortable for you. After all we're all different shapes and sizes.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    You need two things a STIFF belt designed to carry the weight of a firearm and a QUALITY holster. Uncle Mikes is mostly CRAP.

Now holsters are in many ways like clothing, a brand and style that's comfortable for others may not be comfortable for you. After all we're all different shapes and sizes.
    So a good "gun belt" can make that much of a difference?

Yep, very much so... I just ordered 2 today in fact.
    http://www.hanksclothing.com/cgi-han...80955ddbbf7439

As far as the clips I totally agree....and no offense to CB but the crosses stand out too much for my liking...im doing one with the more hidden clips as well as black on black to help.

Im also reason you gotta be LOOKing for it in some cases too...but....I cant be outed at work so we will see...may have to go with a smaller gun and pocket carry if I really want to carry all the time/ ie at work
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links