I feel like I have a pringles Can down my pants at 4 o'clock - Page 3

I feel like I have a pringles Can down my pants at 4 o'clock

This is a discussion on I feel like I have a pringles Can down my pants at 4 o'clock within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OperatorJ So a good "gun belt" can make that much of a difference? Absolutely...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: I feel like I have a pringles Can down my pants at 4 o'clock

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by OperatorJ View Post
    So a good "gun belt" can make that much of a difference?
    Absolutely
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

When you carry for the first time, you swear the whole world knows it, and knows every lump on you is a weapon and stares you down. As you do it more, you realize that you could stuff a 12 gauge shotgun down your pant leg, and 99% of the sheep will never see it. I've graduated from pizzant .380's to single stack 9's, to .38's to double stack 9's to .40's. No one sees squat. Frankly, I could care less anymore if I "print". Concealed means concealed. I'm legal, I'm legal, and I'm legal. No one has ever questioned me. Carry the thing at 3 o'clock, the safest position at all times and easiest draw. Buy a nice button down shirt one size too large. Invest in a decent belt (western wear stores $30). Learn your laws. Read a little on the subject. Enjoy being in a position to defend your life instead of relying on the untimely assistance of the authorities.

I carry an SR9c in a SHTF iwb tuckable very comfotable hides well even when you tuck in a shirt ( leave it a little loose around the butt).

FWIW, most of the time in business casual, I carry my LCP in a cheap pocket holster and no one is the wiser. When I wear a jacket or can wear a sweater, I carry OWB with the outer garment over my M&P. I CANNOT be made at work, but I carry every day.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    A good belt can definitely make a very big difference. I have two belts bought from leather guys as gun belts and another I bought from Tractor Supply Company that is much more thick and stiff than any ordinary off-the-rack belt; all three of them are immeasureably better than an ordinary dress belt of any quality.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    A good belt can definitely make a very big difference. I have two belts bought from leather guys as gun belts and another I bought from Tractor Supply Company that is much more thick and stiff than any ordinary off-the-rack belt; all three of them are immeasureably better than an ordinary dress belt of any quality.
    Forgive my ignorance on the topic, but would any of those qualify as a "dress" belt? I need something more formal, and despite living in Texas, I don't want a western-style belt. The big flashy belt buckle draws the eyes to the waist region, which is where my PDW happens to be hiding.

Yankeejib is right though... after carrying for a while, I too have realized that the VAST majority of people won't ever realize that you are armed, no matter what you carry concealed.

VIP Member
    Forgive my ignorance on the topic, but would any of those qualify as a "dress" belt? I need something more formal, and despite living in Texas, I don't want a western-style belt. The big flashy belt buckle draws the eyes to the waist region, which is where my PDW happens to be hiding.

Yankeejib is right though... after carrying for a while, I too have realized that the VAST majority of people won't ever realize that you are armed, no matter what you carry concealed.
    The best I have ever worn. Belts and Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The best I have ever worn. Belts and Accessories
    While that is a very nice looking belt (and is definitely what I'm looking for style-wise), $160 is a little beyond my price range. Know of any good alternatives around $50 or less?

Plain jane belts can be had in numerous places. TSC, as mentioned above, has been good. Western stores, or feed and seed, or tack supply are good. I'm not into the big belt buckle thing. I'm looking for a typical brass buckle with leather secured by Chicago screws (no pinch deals like a JC Penney reversible belt).

Sometimes finding a good belt to fit in the dress pant belt loops can be difficult. They can be had but all my gun belts are for Jeans and larger belt loops.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

I didn't see but what gun?? I've tried the Hybrid holsters and don't like them. I've got $200 custom leather holsters and they are nice but of all the holsters I bought my Remora is just as comfortable or more and only $30. I like my Highnoon holsters also. I like smaller holster and if they ride high they are less in the pants. I like the Remora because you can carry ny angle and hight. But I use that @80+% of the time. There's times I want a tight fitting holster wit a good belt.
    I don't like the Hybrid holster with the 2 clips they just aren't for me. I don't like alot of other material down my pants except for my Wife and my gun. Less holster the better. I don't like the pure Kydex either not give. At the same time you need a quality holster and sometimes belt depending on what you carry and use. Sometimes it co$t to find what YOU like. Remora you can use a cheap belt because it doesn't work with a belt. You may just want to use one to help the friction. A clip or loop holster a good belt is recommended. But to me gun size and holster style depends also. The bigger the gun a good holster that you like is a must. I CCW a Glock 27 so I only have experience with this size gun or smaller. Bigger guns I OWB I don't like a 1911 down my pants . JME/JMO

Part of it is the pants. You will need pants a little bigger than normal to get them to "flow" right over the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    That's what she said!!!
    Careful. The mods may come after you if you push too hard. I once used a seven letter word beginning with the letter B to describe a few guys (jokingly). This word (which questions parentage) was judged a bit much, and I received a warning. I tread lightly anymore. You may want to do likewise.

I carry an SR9c IWB every day, at either 1:00 or 3:30-4:00. One of the key pieces of the puzzle is finding the right amount of forward cant for you, your gun, and your carry position. If your Uncle Mike's holster has no forward cant, it will feel probably terrible at 4:00 ad the grip will poke out. With about 18 degrees of forward cant, it will fit much better. A good holster and belt makes a big difference. I've also found that low-rise jeans don't work well for IWB carry. The gun will tend to fall outward.

Al at A&G Gunleather makes great carry belts, and has many ready to ship.

Here's the belt I wear: Gun Belts by The Belt Man | tel. (919) 387-1997 | DUAL-LAYER BULL HIDE BELTS
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links