I feel like I have a pringles Can down my pants at 4 o'clock

This is a discussion on I feel like I have a pringles Can down my pants at 4 o'clock within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im new to carrying. Right now I have a VERY basic Uncle mikes IWB holster on my hip at 4'oclock. For now I only carry ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: I feel like I have a pringles Can down my pants at 4 o'clock

Im new to carrying. Right now I have a VERY basic Uncle mikes IWB holster on my hip at 4'oclock. For now I only carry when I dont have to tuck my shirt it....just when I go to the mall or store just to get used to it. I have an sr9c ( God I love that gun!)
    I plan to order a cross breed type holster/ supertuck. I need to tuck my shirt in much of the time at work with dress pants. But Im afraid I wont be able to carry like that as, to me, even when I tuck it in over the 9c just to get an idea of what it will look like you can see the bulge in my pants/belt within this 4 o'clock position?!

How does this get hidden or am I just so conscious of it? my wife says you can't tell anything till I take my jacket off and then you can see the belt "bulge" out abruptly where the gun is........then back into my the normal curve around your waist.

Do these holsters help ease the "transition" around the gun to be a little "softer" or what....or is that what a VERY Stiff gun belt does?? Jeans its a bit better but...you can still see pants Jut out and back in where the firearm is.....

It just looks awkward and I know shes not the smallest gun out there like a lcr9 but.....still im told it should be readily and easily concealable.

whats up with this??? It feels and LOOKs like I have a pringles can in my hip!!
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

The Uncle Mike's is the first real problem. I have CB holsters, and love them. I can totally hide my G17 or 26 IWB at the 330-4 oclock location no problem. The G17 actually hides better than the 26! They do "soften" the transition a little because of their length. Also, "blousing" you shirt over the holster helps alot. When I am wearing something that I feel does not hide my gun well (ie gym shorts) , I opt to carry my CM9 instead of my Glock. You will not go wrong investing in a quality holster like a CB.

CB = CrossBreed
    added by qks
    MitchellCT likes this.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    That's just the problem with IWB holsters... try a Smartcarry.

Any IWB holster is going to do that, it's unavoidable as you're adding quite a bit of width to one side of your body. It's not as noticeable for me around 7:30 (lefty), but 8 is where I typically have my Silent Thunder.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I wear an Ugly Bald Guy or a RGrizzle when I use a belt holster with my PM9, and both of those seem to cinch in tight enough that the bulge is not noticeable -- it's still there, just less noticeable.

Part of what you're experiencing is just being new to carrying. In time, with practice, you'll learn to blouse your shirt a little and to adjust the holster a little and after a while you'll start to get so used to carrying that it won't feel like -- Sour Cream and Onion or BBQ Pringles, btw? -- a Pringles can. You'll also start to feel a lot less conspicuous when you start to realize that most people are not really looking at you closely enough to see your rig.

The Uncle Mikes is definitely part of the problem. The Cross Breed will help immensely in making you feel less self-concious about carrying.
    bowserb, oneshot and JerryMac like this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I carry a 3" 1911 in my CB holster. For a while you will feel like you are carry a flashing neon sign that says "GUN". That will go away if you get a good holster, a good belt, put it on and LEAVE it alone. I do know how you feel but when was the last time you watched someone elses waistline for a bulge? I decided if someone ever asked me what that buldge ( I carry at 4:30) is I would tell them it is an insulin pump. Nobody has ever asked. Your concerns and feelings are normal. It will pass.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    guess it's better than feeling like you have one at 6 o'clock
    Yankeejib, killingjoke and joker1 like this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

That's what she said!!!
    Okemo likes this.

No in all seriousness if you get a CB supertuck you will love it. I wear one a lot with my full size m&p. 45 and it hides that just fine. I was at a funeral not long ago with it on and no one was the wiser.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Just be aware, the Crossbreed (and similar styles) aren't for everyone. Although a lot of people seem to like them, I'm not one of 'em... and for me they didn't perform any of the magic that others seem to experience.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    The self concious feeling will go away after a while, but nay firearm in a holster on your waist band is going to be noticeable to you. You may think you are printing, but people reallly do not notice.
    ccman likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Pringles ...Yum !
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I hate to admit it, but I have about $250 tied up in holsters, trying a few out before I settled on the three that I use religiously -- A Remora, one from the Ugly Bald Guy, and one RGrizzle. The others still get used sometimes, but I consider the expense worth it to have found a few that I really like.
    ironmike86, bowserb and JerryMac like this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    True...If after I get a crossbreed style and still have the BULGE maybe I need to work on a 12 HIGH NOON postion...

Yes ladies...Im PACKING!!

but as SD976 said..it will "help" the transition. Im really hoping it works and that I like it...I read here with all you guys and a drawer full of holsters! trying to avoid that but! each person is different.

Yeah the uncle mikes is not good but it was there to have it in SOMETHING till my new one comes....... I had at 3 for a while and that was bad..but 4 to 4:30 is MUCH better but its just how it buts outward even with shirt loosely tucked in...

we will see..thanks boys!
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    I hate to admit it, but I have about $250 tied up in holsters, trying a few out before I settled on the three that I use religiously -- A Remora, one from the Ugly Bald Guy, and one RGrizzle. The others still get used sometimes, but I consider the expense worth it to have found a few that I really like.
    At the $250 mark, I stll had several hundred bucks to go before I found an IWB I really like, which still left me with several to buy. My Brommeland Max-Con V's allow me to mirror carry Glocks at 3:00/9:00 comfortably and undetected. I can't tuck a shirt in around them, but that is a non-issue for me. I, too cannot like the Crossbreed Supertuck, try as I might.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post

True Dat

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links