Defensive Carry banner

Israeli Bodyguard Jacket Review

20K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  Cougar7464 
#1 ·
For starters, here is the original thread for reference: http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11445&highlight=Shabak

I ordered my jacket from http://www.zahal.org/shabak/index.htm. Price was $28.00, plus $7.00 shipping. Shipping time from Tel Aviv was 12 days.

As a couple of posters in the original thread mentioned, these jackets (actually shirt-jackets) are tailored snugly. I followed their advice and ordered a size XL, since I normally wear a size L, and it fits perfectly, since it is cut specifically to conceal a holstered pistol. The material is medium weight, 65/35 polyester/cotton. The jacket has 4 outside flap pockets, and an inside pen/pencil/credentials pocket, with a Velcro closure, on the left side.

The best way to describe this jacket is "dress casual". It can be worn buttoned or unbuttoned, over a T-shirt, polo shirt or short sleeve sport shirt, or over a short sleeve dress shirt and tie, for those more "formal" occasions.

The jacket is a good alternative to (but not a replacement for) the denim vest I usually wear as a concealment garment. What it does do is give me more options in my daily wear, a change of pace, as it were. I recommend it, but as always, YMMV.

See less See more
#6 ·
Terry - thx for the pics - that does indeed look an excellent way to increase options.

Like you I usually use my Smith and Alexander denim vest but this certainly has some appeal and might well get a couple. Thx for the report.

#7 ·
As hot as it gets in Israel, I'm sure this will work well in the summer here in Nevada! Thanks for the link, I'll be ordering one too! :yup:

I wonder how long it will be before someone tags the "shoot me first" moniker on this? :aargh4:

#10 ·
American Body Guard Shirt...Dickies....also serves as, Saturday morning change the oil shirt, pressed and looking sharp Wednesday night Bible study shirt, game shirt. However, I will purchase one because I like the lower pocket. If you add a thermal shirt you wear in the winter time. Good info though

#15 ·
Yeah, that's what I'm waiting for too! I checked around and others are asking as much as $65.00 for these! Most around $39.00.

I'll wait! :yup:

#13 ·
#14 · (Edited)
:stups: Sorry, I haven't made it to every thread ever posted yet!:zeit: :rofl:

I didn't remember where I found the URL... I'm old!:scratchchin:

UPDATE: Crap Terry... it was yours! I even responded to that thread! Now I know I'm loosing it!

#19 ·
#20 ·
Guys, if you want me to I can merge this thread with the older one in the holster forum. I can also leave a link that will redirect anyone who looks here for the thread to the new one. Thumper, others let me know it only takes a moment to do it.

#24 ·
I got mine through www.israelmilitary.com. $34, and they had all the colors. Delivery in about 1 1/2 weeks, and they were in the middle of a war! Sorry Dr. CMG, you already posted the site! I'm getting old too, and the recto-cranial inversions are far too frequent!

#25 · (Edited)
Thanks for the review, I may get one.

I'm a suspenders kind of guy also. Helps keep the pistola from going down around my ankles.:)

For starters, here is the original thread for reference: http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11445&highlight=Shabak

I ordered my jacket from http://www.zahal.org/shabak/index.htm. Price was $28.00, plus $7.00 shipping. Shipping time from Tel Aviv was 12 days.

As a couple of posters in the original thread mentioned, these jackets (actually shirt-jackets) are tailored snugly. I followed their advice and ordered a size XL, since I normally wear a size L, and it fits perfectly, since it is cut specifically to conceal a holstered pistol. The material is medium weight, 65/35 polyester/cotton. The jacket has 4 outside flap pockets, and an inside pen/pencil/credentials pocket, with a Velcro closure, on the left side.

The best way to describe this jacket is "dress casual". It can be worn buttoned or unbuttoned, over a T-shirt, polo shirt or short sleeve sport shirt, or over a short sleeve dress shirt and tie, for those more "formal" occasions.

The jacket is a good alternative to (but not a replacement for) the denim vest I usually wear as a concealment garment. What it does do is give me more options in my daily wear, a change of pace, as it were. I recommend it, but as always, YMMV.

#30 ·
Sorry, I forgot to mention that in my review. No, the jacket does not have inside pistol pockets and/or built in holsters, just the inside ID/pen/pencil pocket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.