Defensive Carry banner

Is What I Use the best I can do?

976 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  JerryMac 
#1 ·
I use the Blackhawk Serpa for my Beretta 92fs, the Fobus for my PX 4 Storm .45, and the Fobus for my Storm (w/ attached Insight Flashlight). These are for the firing range. They're all paddle style.

Can I do better?

#3 ·
I have my own experience with Fobus...you can do better there.

Like msgt/ret said, it is a personal choice.

A couple of years ago, I wouldn't have owned/used leather...I liked Bladetech and their kydex holsters. Then I got the itch and tried something different for me--leather. I saw a used UBG IWB holster for sale here at a decent price, and I was hooked. All of my leather comes from UBG Holsters and have both IWB and OWB holsters. I still switch out between these and my Bladetech holsters, and I do have my SERPA that I use on occasion. All work for me.

You have to pick what works for you.

I will say, though, if you're going to buy, buy quality.

#6 ·
:rolleyes:

Guns are dangerous....train with them.

#7 ·
I use a multitude of different holsters, Kydex, leather, hybrid, IWB, OWB, there are just too many good choices out there. What you are using I don't consider concealed carry gear. Some of my favorites in leather are Milt Sparks, High Noon. Kydex: Personal Security Systems, Raven. Hybrid: Cross Breed, Garrett Industries. There isn't a "best" holster because that is subjective to the user and people have different tastes, not to mention different shapes. I will state I think the gun belt is the most important factor in a carry set up.

Reactions: SIGguy229
#8 ·
Holster choices are what You feel comfortable. There may be better quality or more referred, but it may not suit you. I personally like kydex and highly dislike Blackhawk Serpa holsters. I own two that I have bought to test. Used for 10 minutes and thrown in the closet.
Look for durability, retention, and concealment. You personally may test and test until you find one you truely like or could be lucky enough to have it work right off the bat.
If there is a will there is a way.
Me= 6'1" 150 lbs. thin but muscle.
I carry a Glock 23 with a Surefire X300 and a plus 2 mag extension everyday in a Blade tech IWB at the 1 o'clock position.( appendix)
I also carry a Smith and Wesson or Glock 21 from time to time in Dale Fricke Archangel AIWB holsters.

Good luck and happy carry.

#9 ·
Holter choice is what works best for you but can get expensive trying out every holster. I suggest google some reviews, and look to a custon holster maker, theis holsters i have heard good things on, UBG has an excellant holster and quality, most custom makers will give you a couple of weeks to return if not satisfied, and some do not have a long wait period as some might think.... UBG is what i use IWB and have just ordered another and a mag carrier, Also bough my gun belt there, the craftsmanship in unparalled, 1-3 week wait time, and a marine vet.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.