Your favorite single clip IWB holster

This is a discussion on Your favorite single clip IWB holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am a contractor and must dis-arm/arm in my truck up to several times a day. I have used Wild Bills for 5 years and ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Your favorite single clip IWB holster

I am a contractor and must dis-arm/arm in my truck up to several times a day. I have used Wild Bills for 5 years and just ordered two more for my new Super Carry Pro.
    I am amazed at how comfortable this holster is and the clip will not let you down it has a special barb toward the bottom that really locks on. reholster is easy with abs sewn into opening. I got them in 10 days as per website.
    Covert Carry
    Undercover IWB Leather Concealment Holster
    NRA Life
    SASS 96744

"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is"

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    look no further then the Allessi Talon..top notch single clip holster,not cheap but well worth the $$$...
    Any user pics?

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    FIST #1A.

I own three. They are amazing - on a properly sized gun belt, they are as stable as my 2-clip rigs and go on and off quite easily.

I bought them for days when I'm in and out of the court house, but I've ended up using them everywhere.
    I second the Fist #1A...I have 6 - 7 of these for various firearms...well made, comfortable, easy one-hand draw/re-holster.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I tried to see if there was a specific reason mentioned why the OP wanted a single belt mount. I didn't find one so if I missed it, I apologize.

I have tried quite a few single mount holsters and with the exception of Comp-Tac's Paddle holsters for Range use only, I no longer use any holsters that only mount with one attachment. I always use two belt attachments and I want them spread out as far as possible on the holster.

If you're not dead set on a single clip mount, take a look at the Comp-Tac C-TAC IWB holsters. Minimal holster, with two belt attachments spread quite far, and the two belt attachments together are probably thinner than the single clip I've seen on many holsters.

As others have said, my issue with single mount holsters is they typically allow for way too much movement on the belt for my liking.
    In honor of AW2 Jason Lawson (The Law). We'll never forget you.

Quote Originally Posted by thelaw View Post
    I tried to see if there was a specific reason mentioned why the OP wanted a single belt mount. I didn't find one so if I missed it, I apologize.

I have tried quite a few single mount holsters and with the exception of Comp-Tac's Paddle holsters for Range use only, I no longer use any holsters that only mount with one attachment. I always use two belt attachments and I want them spread out as far as possible on the holster.

If you're not dead set on a single clip mount, take a look at the Comp-Tac C-TAC IWB holsters. Minimal holster, with two belt attachments spread quite far, and the two belt attachments together are probably thinner than the single clip I've seen on many holsters.

As others have said, my issue with single mount holsters is they typically allow for way too much movement on the belt for my liking.
    I have several hybrid leather/kydex holsters similar to the Comp-tac and they are by far my favorite in terms of stability and comfort. The reason I am inquiring about a single clip is that some times I need something that is quick and easy to get on and off that I don't have to loosen my belt or un-button my pants. I imagine a single clip is closer to that then a double.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    I carry my toys in Blackhawk IWB holsters. Good comfy carry for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I've decided that my next purchase is going to be a Kahr CM9 and I am looking for a holster recommendation. I'm looking for something single clip, IWB, easy and quick on and off, comfortable and a decent (less then 4 weeks) turn around time. What do you suggest?
    I used my Fist #1AK (The ultra-thin kydex version) with my CM9 and it was great. I recently got rid of my CM9 so you my be seeing that holster up in the buy/sell/trade area soon. The fist is easy on/easy off. Stays in place and hooks onto the belt very securely.

My vote is for the crossbreed micro clip or their other one which escapes me at the moment. I use a micro tuck modified. I realized that it didn't need both bollard support wings so I lopped off the front one. Moves hardly at all and now is a breeze on and off. Oh and it's still tuckable too. But order it right to begin win not like I did!

I bought the High Noon Mr. Softy for my PPS. I carry it in the Appendix position.

This holster is great. I had extremely low expectations for it. The holster is a stocking item at something around $35. It may not be fancy, but it works. From time to time I think about getting a facier holster, but why bother. This thing has never let me down.

Even when I want to carry at 3 to 4 o clock I can just slide it around and it still carries well. I have considered getting one for my G19, but have some doubts about how it would carry. On a smaller gun like a kahr you should have zero problems. Then take the savings towards some carry ammo or mags.

PS- anyone try carrying something like a G19 or P226 with a Mr. Softy?

Quote Originally Posted by dudester View Post
    x2

Extremely comfortable, relatively inexpensive, great warranty and the j-hook option is very low profile with a black belt on.

RKM
    I carried with a Blade-Tech UCCH for almost two years. The gun would want to rotate rearward. I recently went with a Galco King Tuk, just because it has two clips and won't move around and happy I decided to go that route. For a really quick on and off holster, I love the RFT Remora clipless holsters.

Don Hume for my G23

VIP Member
    High noon hidden alley ....like it better then my milt sparks ss2

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    PS- anyone try carrying something like a G19 or P226 with a Mr. Softy?
    I have a Softy for my G27 ..works fine. Close to the G26 in size. Good holster if you want inexpensive and don't need fast reholstering

Don Hume 715. Not tuckable (I use a BB holster for that), but quick. I've had two. SA XD9SC and Glock 19.
    Bill
    "If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious."-Paul Harvey, 1964

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links