Belly Band holster is the best for tucking. The best, Jerry.

This is a discussion on Belly Band holster is the best for tucking. The best, Jerry. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Guys, I've used Crossbreed Supertuck and a Blade Tech UCH for circumstances when I had to carry IWB and with a tucked shirt. I don't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Belly Band holster is the best for tucking. The best, Jerry.

Guys, I've used Crossbreed Supertuck and a Blade Tech UCH for circumstances when I had to carry IWB and with a tucked shirt. I don't think I'm alone when I say tucking a shirt into a tuckable holster is an unpleasant exercise to say the least. Well that has all changed.

Several pages back someone recommended a belly band holster. As unappealing as that name sounds, I was intrigued and found one at amazon.com. $25 was a reasonable investment risk, I thought. OK, it turned out to be really good. More trouble to put on than a simple IWB clip holster like the Don Hume 715 or Comp-Tac Infidel, but no more than the tuckable holsters. It does a credible job of holding the gun close for good concealment, too. The surprise came to me yesterday, though. This thing is the easiest way to carry under a tucked shirt, because the BB is attached to you rather than your belt, so you put this on, then button your shirt and pants, and your shirt gets tucked in just like you had no gun at all.

Sorry for the excess enthusiasm. This was such major good news to me, I had to pass it on.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    Bill
    "If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious."-Paul Harvey, 1964

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    On amazon, was there a particular brand or model?

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Lots of people like and swear by them.

Another alternative that many people have success with is the "Smartcarry".

Jim

I love my bb holster, when I need to use the rest room I can drop my pants without losing my gun. The bb does not have to be worn low it can be raised so the gun rids under the arm too. One other thing to remember is with a simple needle and thread you can make simple adjustments. Extra cash and mags can be carried on the other side

Hmmmmmmm......... was always turned off by the name, might have to investigate, lol
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

I have but never used a BB but I am carry a Glock 26 in a smartcarry as I type.I really like it. Great product. But, I can see having a hard time trying to draw while driving in a car or sitting down position.

The BellyBand is a handy bit of equipment. Mine, from Galco, allows for a variety of carry positions for excellent concealment with easy gun access when wardrobe options are limited. I just don't find it comfortable. The last time I used mine was to a movie that my wife and I went to see. I hadn't used the thing in several years. I thought that movie would never end.

Tip: I am a big man and as big men know nothing fits right and that includes a bb. I split mine in the back and added some denim to add a little length to it so it would fit better. Let’s face it carrying a gun is never comfortable but a burden of necessity and the bb is the most comfortable way I have found

edit : here is a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfGBmGTXNJk

Another plus is that if you pull it a little tighter it helps you to LOOK thiner. You know like a girdle.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by wburychka View Post
    First off, well done on the obscure Seinfeld reference. Only a true Seinfeld fan would pick up on it. It was gold! Comedy gold!

Second, glad you found a holster set up that works so well for you.

If you ever want to talk Seinfeld trivia, PM me.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I've been looking at different tuckable designs and, to me, the belly band seems to be the best concealment option for tucking in a shirt. I'll have to find one and try it out.

I use my belly band holster all the time. I like it for deep concealment more than any other option I have..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

My belly band definitely comes in handy for situations with a tucked in shirt, or wearing gym shorts and carrying
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

VIP Member
    I use the BB quite a bit, I typically wear my shirts in.

A related product is the Kangaroo Carry, it's sort of a thinner BB that would be worn low on your chest, it's sort of a fabric shoulder holster pouch. It works very well, in fact I used it last night under a shirt carrying a G27, it was very comfortable with no problems at all. Now the dreaded part is the strap that connects to it and goes over your shoulder (to help support the weight of the gun). I tried this on once bare-chested and got the creeps because it sort of looked like I was wearing a brassiere.......or manssiere or bro (Seinfeld fans!). Now since it's colder (it does get cold here) I put on a t-shirt first, then the Kangaroo and over it with whatever shirt. Putting the t-shirt on first, helps me cope with the lessening the creeps. Otherwise I recommend them, they are pretty cheap ($30ish), washable and work very well.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I'm not a big fan of the belly band. I used it for my Kahr MK9 for a while, but found myself sweating more than I would have liked.
    Old School likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links