It's Here....Brommeland Max Con V for my XD-45

This is a discussion on It's Here....Brommeland Max Con V for my XD-45 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just recieved my new holster and double mag pouch for my Springfield XD-45. The holster was made by Brommeland Gunleather up in Sneedville, TN. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Here....Brommeland Max Con V for my XD-45

It's Here....Brommeland Max Con V for my XD-45

I just recieved my new holster and double mag pouch for my Springfield XD-45. The holster was made by Brommeland Gunleather up in Sneedville, TN. I ordered it about 10 weeks ago and thought I was going to die waiting. Well the wait was worth it. I am wearing it now for almost 4 hours and man is this holster comfortable, and I don't even have it broke in yet!!!

Gary & Remy are great to deal with and the product is top notch. I finally got to take a picture......just did not want to take it off to do so. This is one comfortable rig.

The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    alright! it really looks good! thats one more holster done, so mine should be getting closer! ;)
    RKBA

John

Great looking rig! This is the service grade, right?
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Idpa

I know the Holster is legal, but I was wondering if the mag carriers are legal for IDPA competition. I seem to remember that when the rule book was rewritten, mags have to be carried virtually vertically.
    Maybe the holster gurus onsite can answer this for me.

By the way, sweet looking stuff.
    Last edited by wheelgunner88; August 16th, 2006 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Brain malfunction
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject."

Sights? What are those?

Quote Originally Posted by wheelgunner88 View Post
    I know the Holster is legal, but I was wondering if the mag carriers are legal for IDPA competition. I seem to remember that when the rule book was rewritten, mags have to be carried virtually vertically.
    Maybe the holster gurus onsite can answer this for me.

By the way, sweet looking stuff.

Actually, none of my holsters are IDPA approved. Our emphasis is more upon street survival, rather than meeting any criteria necessary for shooting games.
    Thanks for your kind words!

Actually, my opinion is that the holster would be approved were you to wear it to an IDPA match, since an IWB holster certainly fits within the written rules as I read them.

Since the rules were last revised there really are no "IDPA approved" holsters, as in a list of holsters that fit the rules. Instead, the rules are a set of criteria that must be met in order for the equipment to qualify for use in a match...the folks running the match will let you know if the holster meets the rules. It's pretty easy to look up the rules and apply them to your own gear, just see http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf

I haven't looked over the rules after reading this thread, but do recall that there may be some restrictions about the "cant" allowed on mag holders/pouches. That too will be in the rules you can access at the IDPA site.

As for me, I buy my equipment for the express purpose of carry, and my stuff fits the IDPA rules. The rules were meant to reflect inclusion of equipment meant for everday carry, so they are pretty easy to meet with your carry rig. I guess I'd be surprised if everyday carry equipment did not fit IDPA rules.

But all of this may be a moot point if you don't plan to use the gear to shoot IDPA...heh.

By the way, nice looking holster and pouches...good idea going with the double mag pouch in my opinion, since I've learned from experience that you can't have too much ammo on board...enjoy.
    Last edited by JimmyC4; August 16th, 2006 at 07:28 PM.

Administrator

Thumbs up Congratulations!

I sure have witnessed (first hand) a multitude of Brommeland Happy Campers on CombatCarry.com.
    I never tire of looking at them-there Brommeland creations.

Nice background for your holster photo BTW.

Beautiful holster Gary as usual!! Tex45 that beauty will last you a lifetime.
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

VIP Member
    Very, very nice! Congratulations to all!

Woo Hoo! A Brommeland customer is a happy customer. The wait sometimes get's hard but the end result is worth the wait (but 10 week's is hardly a wait IMO for the quality holster you just recieved). I have two MC-V's and two Def-Con's in the work's! I am one of those happy customers as well.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Very nice!! Give it a few months and you will honestly forget you're wearing it. I've worn my MaxConV almost every day since it arrived and it's broken in nicely. It is without a doubt the most comfortable IWB I could ever ask for.
    With all of the choices out there I feel lucky to have found a holster that not only is comfortable, but draws fast and has just the right amount of retention for every day carry in the real world of a Joe Shmoe CCL holder like myself. Good on ya Gary!!
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    --GEORGE ORWELL

Way to go Gary keep fillin them orders, You'll get to me eventually :)

Quote Originally Posted by soonerjh View Post
    alright! it really looks good! thats one more holster done, so mine should be getting closer! ;)
    Maybe right behind mine

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Beautiful work! You should love it for years to come.....
    And Id agree, since IDPA rules changed, most holsters from a decent maker are "approved by not being approved"..
    Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Congratulations

People like you give me hope that someday my Max Con V will arrive....looks like a fantastic holster that will serve you for many years to come. I just wish I knew how you guys are only waiting 10 weeks to get yours ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links