Belt for CC

This is a discussion on Belt for CC within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm sure this has been discussed previously but I'd like to get a fresh view on it. From old threads you can't tell if people ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belt for CC

Belt for CC

I'm sure this has been discussed previously but I'd like to get a fresh view on it. From old threads you can't tell if people have changed their minds or tried new products over time.

Anyways, I'm looking for a good solid gun belt. Currently I use a heavy-ish single ply no name leather belt. I've been running it for a good 5 years with no complaints. It has actually suprised me with how well it works when I CC. As my name implys, I conceal an XDm in a Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC and am VERY pleased. So far I've really only considered the kydex reinforced belt by Comp-Tac because I'm so impressed with their holster. When I find a company that does something right, I tend to stick with it. So what else is out there? What do you all here employ as your belt for CC work?

D
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote"
    --Benjamin Franklin

"Chop your own wood, and it will warm you twice."
    --Henry Ford

2. Remove Ads

I was just looking around the site and realized my post is in the wrong spot. Would a moderator mind moving it to the Gear and Equipement section?

Thanks,
    D
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote"
    --Benjamin Franklin

"Chop your own wood, and it will warm you twice."
    --Henry Ford

I have one from Custom Gun Belts, Custom Leather Belts from A & G Custom Gun Leather I like it and will be buying another from him. If you special order one get it with 7 holes instead of 5. The 7 holes are spaced 3/4 inch apart, the 5 holes are 1 inch apart.

"To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence." Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Care needs to be taken when buying these extra thick gun belts that they are compatible with your holster. Beltman and Comp-tac belts are both too think and wide to fit many holsters.

Sometimes a little bit less belt may be a good thing unless you are ordering both the holster and belt from the same maker.

My favorite belts are Kramer, Comp-tac, and Looper.

Jim

VIP Member
    Wilderness Instructor all day, every day except when I have to dress up, when I wear a Brommeland custom leather belt.

Rock Steady from High Noon!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Hank's has some amish belts for a great price, I got two (one black, one brown) and they are very nice.

http://www.hanksclothing.com/amish_belts_black_buy.html

I use the Comp-tac belt. Haven't tried others, but the comp-tac is great so I haven't had a need to try anyone elses. You'll get lots of good recommendations here though.
    I am a hard-working self-employed conservative Christian white male gun owner. How else can I tick you off today?

I've got the black one with the silver buckle from Gunners Alley. Gunners Alley brand belt, not the Don Hume brand. I'm happy with it. Double layer, nice and thick and solid. Only problem I had was one of the two screws that hold the buckle on, backed its way out and I almost lost it. I put some blue locktite on the threads and put it back together. I haven't had a problem with it backing out since then.

Gunner's Alley Gun Belts
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Wilderness Instructor all day, every day except when I have to dress up, when I wear a Brommeland custom leather belt.
    +1 for the wilderness instructor..... In the 1.5 inch variety
    Original Instructor Belt

I also own the same thing by 5:11, exact same belt just a different buckle.
    Trainer Belt - 1 1/2" Wide | Belts | 5.11 Tactical | Mobile

Both are awesome belts.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

I use a belt by UBG ,,,, very nice, i also have a belt from tractor supply.... which actually works very well.. one thing for sure is ya get what ya pay for, but for a retail belt TSC .. bout 22 bucks out the door is not a bad deal, heard they were discontinuing them, so might wanna look fast..
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

I've had two comp-tac belts, and both are great.

The reason I've had two is because of the way they size. I expected to buy a belt with one notch bigger, and several notches smaller, and I got it exactly backwards. They are longer than they seem like they should be. If you are in doubt, measure your waist, with your IWB holster on if you wear one, and contact their customer support.

I've never dealt with a company that had more responsive and friendly support. I've had two holsters and two mag carriers from them as well. If you have Comp-tac holsters, you might know something about it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcealedXDm View Post
    I was just looking around the site and realized my post is in the wrong spot. Would a moderator mind moving it to the Gear and Equipement section?

Thanks,
    D
    I would, but that would still be incorrect... but now its not- I moved it.

For the belt, I've been using the High Noon rock steady for a good while now. I have zero complaints, and it supports the weight of everything up to my P220 or a TRP operator (heavy gun). I've let several friends borrow it for a day or two and each one has bought one of their own after I made them give mine back.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanJim View Post
    Care needs to be taken when buying these extra thick gun belts that they are compatible with your holster. Beltman and Comp-tac belts are both too think and wide to fit many holsters.

Sometimes a little bit less belt may be a good thing unless you are ordering both the holster and belt from the same maker.

My favorite belts are Kramer, Comp-tac, and Looper.

Jim
    Belt from Beltman, carry in a Comp-tac Minotaur with C-clips and never had any problems.

Thing I liked about Beltman (perhas others do this, too) is that you could order with the holes closer together.
    "To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence." Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links