Defensive Carry banner

Clip Carry

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  tokerblue 
#1 ·
Do you all ever clip carry IWB? I've got one on order for my S&W snubby. This will be my first but was talking with someone that only carries this way. Just wondering your thoughts???

#4 ·
I don't do it, but I don't see the problem with a revolver.

I've got a set of Desantis Clip Grips but I haven't put them on my J-Frame yet. I prefer holster carry and the clip detracts from concealability. I don't think that would be a problem with the Clip-draw though.

Jim

#12 ·
Been there; done that. It was a Colt DS and the second time the clip slipped off my waistband the clip went in the trash. I've yet to personally meet anyone who actually used a clip-draw more than a couple of times before ditching it.

#5 ·
I need something more substantial than a T-shirt between my gun and my body for all day carry, not to mention that unprotected trigger waiting to hook on something and go boom.

#6 ·
Some people buy them because they are somewhat inexpensive,others use them because there is no extra thickness like a holster,you can buy `really thin holsters that cover the trigger,and also give a little more retention,How do you think guns just fall on the floor when somebody bends over or crouches,the barrel may get pushed up by skin and all it takes is about 1-1.5" and your gun is now laying on the floor

#7 ·
the clips that have the "J" cut which goes under the belt--thus ensuring that the holster can not come off of the belt are ok.
i also like holsters that have strap/snap retention so the gun stays put all day.

#8 ·
I did with a PF9 before I traded it. I was usually using it as a BUG and I felt it defeated the purpose of having such a thin and light gun to use a holster with it, plus I already had another pistol IWB so I was running out of room. I did get one of those Kydex trigger guard covers as I did not feeel comfortable carrying with the trigger exposed.

#9 ·
#10 ·
It's pretty tough for the cylinder to rotate while "holstering" so an ND is unlikely. It's not like a Glock where anything can defeat the "safe action."

#13 ·
I have a Kel Tec P11, and have the KT clip for it. I carry it SOB, when not having it ride in the Desantis Nemisis.

There is Nothing to cause the pistol to fire, except a finger while reaching for the weapon.

This is the only handgun I carry with a clip.

#14 ·
There are some guns the one could get by with a clip only, but I'm so used to holsters that I won't carry a firearm that's not in one.OMO

#15 ·
I've carried my LCP with the P3AT clip and it's not a bad carry, but it does get uncomfortable after a while. Not to mention with holsters like the Remora, I can't think of any reason to use the Clipdraw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.