Clip Carry

Clip Carry

This is a discussion on Clip Carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do you all ever clip carry IWB? I've got one on order for my S&W snubby. This will be my first but was talking with ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Civil_Response

Thread: Clip Carry

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar

Clip Carry

Do you all ever clip carry IWB? I've got one on order for my S&W snubby. This will be my first but was talking with someone that only carries this way. Just wondering your thoughts???
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Nothing over the trigger = no thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by REVMAN View Post
    Do you all ever clip carry IWB? I've got one on order for my S&W snubby. This will be my first but was talking with someone that only carries this way. Just wondering your thoughts???
    NO WAY!!!! A good way to have a negligent discharge and do SERIOUS damage to one's self.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    I don't do it, but I don't see the problem with a revolver.

I've got a set of Desantis Clip Grips but I haven't put them on my J-Frame yet. I prefer holster carry and the clip detracts from concealability. I don't think that would be a problem with the Clip-draw though.

Jim

VIP Member
    I need something more substantial than a T-shirt between my gun and my body for all day carry, not to mention that unprotected trigger waiting to hook on something and go boom.

Some people buy them because they are somewhat inexpensive,others use them because there is no extra thickness like a holster,you can buy `really thin holsters that cover the trigger,and also give a little more retention,How do you think guns just fall on the floor when somebody bends over or crouches,the barrel may get pushed up by skin and all it takes is about 1-1.5" and your gun is now laying on the floor
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    the clips that have the "J" cut which goes under the belt--thus ensuring that the holster can not come off of the belt are ok.
    i also like holsters that have strap/snap retention so the gun stays put all day.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

I did with a PF9 before I traded it. I was usually using it as a BUG and I felt it defeated the purpose of having such a thin and light gun to use a holster with it, plus I already had another pistol IWB so I was running out of room. I did get one of those Kydex trigger guard covers as I did not feeel comfortable carrying with the trigger exposed.

Generally, "clip" holsters that mount to the gun are good in idea only. The reality is, you increase your chances of an ND if you do not cover the trigger.

See this thread: experience with clipdraw holster

Link that showed ND w/ Clip draw: ND at church tonight - M4Carbine.net Forums
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It's pretty tough for the cylinder to rotate while "holstering" so an ND is unlikely. It's not like a Glock where anything can defeat the "safe action."
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    The trigger is the 'go' button. Call me fanatical, but I protect it like Fort Knox.

Single action revolvers, safeties, cylinders - whatever. I believe it's worth maintaining the trigger discipline to stay off of it until it's time to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanJim View Post
    I don't do it, but I don't see the problem with a revolver.

I've got a set of Desantis Clip Grips but I haven't put them on my J-Frame yet. I prefer holster carry and the clip detracts from concealability. I don't think that would be a problem with the Clip-draw though.

Jim
    Been there; done that. It was a Colt DS and the second time the clip slipped off my waistband the clip went in the trash. I've yet to personally meet anyone who actually used a clip-draw more than a couple of times before ditching it.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

VIP Member
    I have a Kel Tec P11, and have the KT clip for it. I carry it SOB, when not having it ride in the Desantis Nemisis.

There is Nothing to cause the pistol to fire, except a finger while reaching for the weapon.

This is the only handgun I carry with a clip.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

There are some guns the one could get by with a clip only, but I'm so used to holsters that I won't carry a firearm that's not in one.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I've carried my LCP with the P3AT clip and it's not a bad carry, but it does get uncomfortable after a while. Not to mention with holsters like the Remora, I can't think of any reason to use the Clipdraw.

Links