Please Help Me Find A Holster

This is a discussion on Please Help Me Find A Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am having a hard time finding a holster that fits me right. I have a pretty small build (5' 11", about 145lbs.) and every ...

Thread: Please Help Me Find A Holster

Please Help Me Find A Holster

I am having a hard time finding a holster that fits me right. I have a pretty small build (5' 11", about 145lbs.) and every holster I buy ends up with the gun laying sideways a bit. I really don't like the IWB because they aren't realy comfortable to me, and am not looking to spend a small fortune on one. Maybe after I save up the money I can get a real good one, but I need one pretty quick at the moment. Not a huge selection around where I live so I have to resort to the internet, which makes me end up wasting a lot of money. The gun I will be carrying is a Glock 19.

Thanks in advance for all your answers.

2. Remove Ads

Owb?

Choosing a holster is like choosing a gal, no one else can really do it for you. It sounds like you are looking for an OWB holster. If so, you might consider any of the 'decent' kydex models. I have a Glock 26 which rides very comfortably in a Blade-Tech OWB. The key is the belt, especially with OWB. You will have to get a good one (a real gun belt) that fits the holster exactly to keep the holster from "laying sideways". If the holster is made for 1 1/2" belt, you need a 1 1/2" belt. A 1 1/4" belt causes mine to slide around a little.

I spent a little over $100 for my holster and Galco belt. That's really not that much when you consider how often you will be using it. To put that in perspective, I go through $100 at least of every couple of months in ammo.

Good Luck and Stay Safe.

-PB
    Hero's aren't born, they're cornered - According to Jim

Holster and belt combo

Paul B is right about the belt being a large part of carry comfort. The Wilderness Instructor belt works very well for me. Try this link. The Uncle Mikes Kydex belt Holster and Wilderness instructors Belt combo would run around $50.00. A lot nicer option would be the 5JR-DL or Premier DL, but price would go up considerably.[
    www.bluepress.com]
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject."

Sights? What are those?

Don Hume from Gunners' Alley

One of the best lines of ready made holsters, priced reasonably, is Don Hume. A large Hume dealer in North Carolina named "Gunners' Alley" sells them for less than the Hume website. If you want a simple OWB for your Glock 19, you could try a belt slide from Hume for $23 plus shipping:

Don Hume Belt Slide

Here you go! Bianchi Black Widow... Works great for my main carry OWB holster.

MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

VIP Member
    I'm a fan of Don Hume holsters. I do not want a holster with a thumb strap and a Don Hume JIT Slide suited me well. Bought mine on the internet for 21 doolars a while back plus shipping.

Thanks for all the answers guys. Hopefully I will be able to find one that suits me. I just wish there was somewhere around here to go and try them on before I buy them.

Consider K&D Holsters, as well. Simple, functional, inexpensive leather, with most of the features of holsters twice the price.

I've got a 1-1/2" double-width Kramer belt ($130), with a K&D Laredo Defender OWB/snap holster ($65). It's for my CZ P-01 9mm compact, for daily carry. Same belt with a FIST #2 Easy-On holster ($85), for my Browning BDM 9mm.

No, these aren't in a gun shop so they can be tried on. Galco, DeSantis and Uncle Mikes are often in larger shops, though few others seem to be.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links