5.11 holster shirt

This is a discussion on 5.11 holster shirt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wondering if anyone else has tried the 5.11 holster shirt. i recently bought one for carry at work where i need to be in ...

Thread: 5.11 holster shirt

5.11 holster shirt

Just wondering if anyone else has tried the 5.11 holster shirt. i recently bought one for carry at work where i need to be in ultra deep cover and i have to say i love this shirt im going to order a few more. i have carried my walther pps .40 in it and also my ruger lc9. Just wondering if anyone else loves this product like me. and if anybody is on the fence about one give it a shot there awesome it has replaced my bellyband

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    It is not to bad it does conceal very well if your weapon is very light. I tried it with a Glock 27 and it was just to heavy to carry and felt very weird. With a Ruger LCR it wasn't big of a problem. Its a decent way to carry deep concealed, if you have the right cover garment to go over it.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

I have one as well. It's not my favorite way to carry but when I need to be "extra" concealed it works very well. I have carried a pistol as large as a Glock 22 without much trouble and my Glock 27 just plain disappeared. The reinforced "yoke" carries the weight of the gun well.

I like to wear it under a flannel shirt with "Snaps" rather than buttons to make the draw quicker.

I bought mine a size smaller than my normal shirt size.

thats exactly what i do i wear it to work as undershirt with a dress shirt with buttons instead of snaps and i can keep my dress shirt tucked in and even if it does come untucked and im bending over or doing something there is zero chance of anybody seeing it

I carry my PM9 in it and it works well!

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    I carry my Makarov in mine alot I really like them I have four I think but don't wear the white one much as it seems alot smaller even though it is the same size. If wearing a button down shirt I just keep on button undone I've wanted to have two velco buttons but haven't added them yet.

Glock 23 fits well when I need to be tucked in. I have a crew neck and v neck.
    www.isrmatrix.org

Hick's Law + Murphy's Law = Streamlined Problem Solving

Definitely not a hug friendly shirt...

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    Definitely not a hug friendly shirt...
    Yes it is..feels like you're being hugged continuosly while wearing it!
    It does hide mid sized guns well, but as mentioned, you have to think about the right cover shirt or it won't work very good.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Links