Shoulder Holster Opinions

This is a discussion on Shoulder Holster Opinions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would like to buy shoulder holster from galco or other brand. Do you wear one? Can anybody share its own opinion. Vodek...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Shoulder Holster Opinions

Shoulder Holster Opinions

I would like to buy shoulder holster from galco or other brand. Do you wear one?
    Can anybody share its own opinion.
    Vodek

2. Remove Ads

Miami Classic II or Jackass
    WD54241 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    Miami Classic II or Jackass
    They are what I think to be the best out there. If you go with Galco than get it through optic or some other outlet, cheaper than directly thru Galco. I say that but my last 2 were directly from Galco.

Whenever I wear a heavy jacket (which makes access to a waistline holster difficult), I wear a vertical shoulder holster (Bianchi X15). I have tried several horizontal shoulder holsters and find them both uncomfortable and difficult to conceal. I also occasionally use a Bianchi 9R which is an inverted vertical shoulder holster. It works great under a sweatshirt or t shirt, but is no longer made, and was only made for revolvers.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

galco also makes an classic lite carry. I found it at cops plus for a really great price plus u get a free hat. i now wow right. i have heard alot of great reviews. nutnfancy rates it number one. at 69 bucks for the whole rig which includes extra clip holder its a great buy.

I have a Miami Classic rig and I like how comfortable it is on me, but doesn't work that great with my body type. (somewhat skinny) If I use it to conceal, I like wearing a flannel over it. Granted flannel is one of the only button-up style shirts I wear.....I do live in Maine after all.

Sam Andrews. The best. Andrews Leather Catalog

The Monarch and the Springbreak. Both are top notch.

I have old Banchi X 15s for 4-inch K-Frame Smith &Wessons and full-sized Colt 1911s that I bought in the late 1970s that are still fine. They saw some daily were beneath a business suit years ago but only intermittent wear since so are still in good shape.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

VIP Member
    I have a couple of High Noon Undertaker horizontal shoulder rigs. I like them very much as they are comfortable and serve my needs nicely. They also conceal very well.

One fits my G21/G30 and the other fits my Taurus PT145 Pro. They are modular, so if you wanted to have a couple of different weapons use the same straps and mag holders, you can purchase just the weapon holster part and remove one and attach the other. My PT145 Pro mags are basically the same dimensions as Glock double stack mags for any caliber other than .45 ACP or 10MM, so I could use that mag carrier for my G22 if I purchased the gun holster part.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

When out shooting or in the woods I use a Triple K for my G19
    works great, under $100

I've got a Galco Miami Classic, a Galco Lite, 2 SMZs from Ken Null, 2 Bianchi X-15s. The Galcos are horizontal, the SMZs and Bianchis are vertical. The SMZs hold the gun the most securely, the X15s offer the fastest draw (with either hand).

I really want to try the Galco VHS, and see how it works without hooking up to a belt.

Other highly recommended brands: Alessi, Andrews Leather, Del Fatti. Pretty sure those three are the best in their category.

What details are you looking for?

I can't use a shoulder holster for some reason and I have tried many listed above...they just are never comfortable for me for very long...but then, there are people who can not feel comfortable with an IBW, which works great for me and my fullsize 1911...

I'll have to throw in with the Bianchi X15, a vertical carry rig. Horizontal never worked quite right. I've picked up 2 of these one medium, one small on ebay for less than $30 each---- they retail for about $125. I did have to add an elastic extension to secure the rig at its bottom to my belt for a smooth draw. An excellent rig.

I have a Miami Classic, and it is an okay holster, though nowhere near the quality or concealability of an Alessi rig. My current favorite shoulder rig is my Mitch Rosen Double Stylemaster:

I bought an Alessi Bodyguard for my S&W 1911 & it's the best $$$$$ that I ever spent on one great shoulder rig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links