Sell me on an MTAC

Sell me on an MTAC

This is a discussion on Sell me on an MTAC within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have been looking for a carry holster for my XDm. Saw an MTAC at a shoot the other day. Looked pretty good. What do you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Sell me on an MTAC

Sell me on an MTAC

Have been looking for a carry holster for my XDm. Saw an MTAC at a shoot the other day. Looked pretty good. What do you Comptac owners think of these holsters?

I have both, IWB and OWB they're awesome and comfortable for me.
    NRA, SAF, IllinoisCarry, ISRA member.

I carry my G36 in an IWB every day. Works well for me.

Glock 30 IWB every day. Love it.

Looks like you can save a few bucks going with the Minotaur Spartan, which is just the MTAC without the leather backing.

I like my MTAC. I went with it over the Spartan due to the exposed backing noted above. Figured if I have fasteners digging in or pinching at all I will never wear the thing. I have no regrets spending the extra $20.

I am just waiting to get another panel for my PPS.

VIP Member
    I wish the belt clips were metal, instead of plastic. Although they have held up well. It's a very comfy and sturdy rig.

The MTAC is a quality holster and works well for me, money well spent. I bought mine with the black C-Clips and they disappear against my black belt.

Have the MTAC and have carried with it for about 3 years.
    Not only really comfortable but has a great draw and pretty easy to re-holster. That makes practice much more enjoyable.
    Go with the MTAC over the Spartan,the $20 is well worth it.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

I've had my MTAC since October (turnaround time from order to delivery was just over a week). I carry a Glock 22 or 23 in it every day. It's extremely comfortable, has an easy draw and re-holster, and has been very durable so far. I also like the fact that if I ever change carry guns, I can just order a new kydex shell without having to replace the backing. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I wish the belt clips were metal, instead of plastic. Although they have held up well. It's a very comfy and sturdy rig.
    Metal clips might scratch the belt leather. The plastic clips work perfectly and can be trimmed off once you find your sweet spot for carry.

Had my MTac Minotaur for nearly six years now. Not one issue except that I love it and wouldn't trade it, even at six years old, for any other holster out there. Kind of sux to have something so good that it left me no reason to spend money on another piece of gear.

Go for the extra leather and even spring for the horsehide inner layer if you can afford it. Horse hide is like baby skin and is sweat proof.
    Philly Boy and JerryMac like this.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I've carried a full size XD in my MTAC for 4 years now. Great holster with lots of room for adjustment for personal preference. It does a nice job of distributing the weight of a full size service pistol, and really seems to be holding up well. Highly recommended.

Cheers!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

I'll be the lone dissenter here. I have an MTAC that lives in my holster box because I was never able to adjust it to a position where it felt comfortable.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    I'll be the lone dissenter here. I have an MTAC that lives in my holster box because I was never able to adjust it to a position where it felt comfortable.
    What gun does it fit? I might want to buy it off of you if it works with what I have.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Carried a kahr CW40 for 3 years in one, best holster for IWB carry I won't trade it for nothing. I'm on my second set of belt clips but I take the holster off and put it on at least once a day due to work as well as when I change pants. The clips aren't broken just opened wider and would slip up off my belt. Since I started paying more attention when dealing with the holster I have not stretched out the new ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links