Shark Skin Holster?

This is a discussion on Shark Skin Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have a shark skin holster and, if so, do you feel it was worth the cost? ($ 200 + from High Noon, for an ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By wmhawth
  • 2 Post By multistage
  • 1 Post By OhioCatter

Thread: Shark Skin Holster?

Shark Skin Holster?

Anyone have a shark skin holster and, if so, do you feel it was worth the cost? ($ 200 + from High Noon, for an example). I'm thinking ( just thinking, mind you!) of eventually getting one for my G19, but would like some opinions on the value, feel, etc., versus the high cost. Thanks.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove Ads

id say if thats what you want to spend your hard earned money on go for it, Id like to see a holster done up with stingray leather, that stuff is damn strong and holds up well.. used alot in motorcycle racing gloves...also would love to see Kangaroo leather used as a holster as well, but for those prices id just stick with good ole cow leather..

andrews custom leather has stingray
    so, about my sammich.......

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    I don't personally have one but have seen one at a gunshow a couple weeks ago. It looks nice but the price is just to much for me. If you don't want to dish out that kind of money for a full sharkskin holster you could always get a leather holster trimmed in sharkskin. I think trimmed holsters look just as nice at times but thats just my opinion. Good luck and I hope that maybe someone has one and they can give you more insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Anyone have a shark skin holster and, if so, do you feel it was worth the cost? ($ 200 + from High Noon, for an example). I'm thinking ( just thinking, mind you!) of eventually getting one for my G19, but would like some opinions on the value, feel, etc., versus the high cost. Thanks.
    Most of my holsters are about $80 - $100 but the way I see it with your $200 sharkskin is, if you like it and can afford it and want it, go for it and don't forget to post some pics for us to see. Only you can judge whether or not it's worth it to you.
    ironmike86 likes this.

It looks good and it is quite tough. Doesn't scuff all that much. The reason that I have not ordered one is that, for concealed carry, a sharkskin holster is like a Ferrari that never leaves the garage. You have this beautiful piece of craftsmanship that you don't really show off. For open carry, heck yeah. Show that mother off.
    Philly Boy and ironmike86 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    andrews custom leather has stingray
    Man I looked at that site and wow they have some great options for sure but I cant belive the prices of those things I could buy another gun for the price of a holster LOL, I guess If I had money to spend Id have one LOL, very nice indeed thanks for the link...

VIP Member
    Its sort of like Cowboy boots here. You can get them in "cardboard," or you can get them in Sharkskin, or in Ostrich; and every combination and decoration imaginable.

I've a nice horsehide Andrews holster; pretty tough stuff that is good for everyday.

You pays your money and makes yer choice.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Many thanks for all the responses. Me thinks I'll go for, maybe, horsehide the next time around. I'll have to ask Jeff(HaysHolsters) if he works in "horse."
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

High Noon makes some really nice holsters. $200 for shark does seem a bit high though or maybe I just need to raise my prices. Remember when you buy any shark skin holster you are buying a trimmed one even if it is full coverage. Shark by itself will not work for a holster it has to be bonded and stitched to cowhide or horsehide. It's advantage, other than looking way cool, is shark is almost impervious to abrasion and the holster will stay looking nice darn near forever.

Denster if i'm not mistaken the Highnoon is actually $299.00

Quote Originally Posted by OhioCatter View Post
    Denster if i'm not mistaken the Highnoon is actually $299.00
    OK! then. I was just referencing the post by PhillyBoy had checked for myself. Thanks for the clarification.

I was just throwing out the cost for a little sticker shock thats all.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Try UBG. Nate is awesome and he provides great service and pretty quick turnaround time. Specify if you want shark trim or full shark and he will take care of you. I have a UBG Regulator in black shark trim with shark tabs. I also ordered a shark belt and mag pouch with shark trim. Sweet set up! I also have a plain black leather gun belt from UBG as well. I am a very satisfied customer and will likely soon order a Canute IWB holster for new S&W 649 Snubbie.

Links