Dress Clothing for carry in HOT weather?

This is a discussion on Dress Clothing for carry in HOT weather? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Interested in finding options for semi-dress carry. A tucked in polo is what I enjoy wearing the most. However I could go button up dress ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dress Clothing for carry in HOT weather?

Interested in finding options for semi-dress carry. A tucked in polo is what I enjoy wearing the most. However I could go button up dress short sleeved. I've not reasearched the subject and figured I could save some time asking here.

Currently I carry a Sig 228 which is too bulky to wear with anything other than a button up untucked. I need to be more dressy than that.

I am going to purchase a Para single stack compact LDA or Sig P220. I need to put my hands on them both, before I decide...I hope sig comes out with a DAO 1911 compact.

If anyone carries either of these, please educate me.
    The best "first aid for a gunshot wound is immediate and accurate fire at the person(s) who caused you the wound .
    -John Farnum

Not Bigger Than...

a Kimber or a Beretta! I either wear a T-shirt under an open print 'Florida" shirt...or...a summer T-shirt (wife beater) under a Polo shirt. The 'T' keeps the holster (IWB or SOB) away from my skin. This is in hot weather...Central Flroida!
    Works for me!

ret

Now now now...its only been 100+ at 50%+ humidity for 35 days now here in "north" Texas.....LOL Try these links for cover ideas:

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ead.php?t=9092

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...=wedding+shirt

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=13214

I can't help on your weapon question, but CC is always a balance between environment and weapon. The guys up north have winter CC dress issues I can't begin to understand.....

Its also a holster issue to address.........lots of very smart people here to help on all!

BTW...Welcome!

Guayabera Shirt?

In Latin America and places like south Florida and southern California one sees a lot of guayabera shirts in hot weather. These are cotton or linen shirts designed to be worn untucked, and they have a straight, finished bottom. They are more dressy looking than Hawaiian shirts, and if you pick a darker color and a large enough size, the gun won't print. If you do a Google search you will find many online vendors.

Never thought of the guayabera option...wow, thanks. I'll check out the other threads and thanks all.
    The best "first aid for a gunshot wound is immediate and accurate fire at the person(s) who caused you the wound .
    -John Farnum

I like the guayabera shirt's,and there comfortable.
    I get mine from e-bay.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

When circumstances require tucked in shirt, I use a Sam Andrews www.andrewsleather.com pocket holster with a Kimber Ultra Carry II, a 3" .45 ACP, in it.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

If you are going the guayabera route, check Penner's.

I live in San Antonio, which is not as hot as Phoenix nor as humid as Houston. But it's still plenty hot and humid.

I carry all day / every day. Usually I carry a Kimber 3" 1911 in a Tucker Gunleather "The Answer" IWB holster. Trousers are black Savane micro-fiber with pleats and an expandable waistband from Sam's Club. Shirt is a solid-color silk camp shirt with some sort of woven-in pattern. Shirts may be from Men's Warehouse, WinterSilks, or Norm Thompson.

I wear a cotton T-shirt under the camp shirt. It keeps me from sweating directly on the camp shirt (saves on dry cleaning). It also helps anchor the holster.

I don't have a recommendation for a holster with a tucked-in shirt. I just got a Tucker "Cover-up" for my J-frame. I'll pass along how I like it.

For an inconspicuous spare mag carrier, use a leather knife pouch. I carry a spare mag for the Kimber in a Leatherman Wave pouch in black leather. It fits hoizontally on my belt at about 1 o'clock and is just the right size for a short single-stack mag. Even in plain sight, it doesn't rate a second glance.

Bill

I usually go with the shirt unbuttoned with a "layering" t-shirt under it.
    The layering T is VERY thin.

If I have to wear something dressier then I use a distractor..ie something to draw the eye from the gun area.
    Be Safe and Careful,
    Corbett

Mountaineers Are Always Free

I wear a thin muscle undershirt and cover it with one of my 5 checked patern Dickies button up with the flat bottom. It's even long enough to wear OWB, so long as you arent pakin' a 8" barrel. I carry IWB 99.9% of the time this way. You can get these shorts at WallyWorld in the work clothes area.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

VIP Member
    Gentlemen.... be careful of what type of guayabera you might be buying. Some guayabera's material is so thin that you don't have to worry about printing 'cause people can see your gun!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by badgerw View Post
    If you are going the guayabera route, check Penner's.

I live in San Antonio, which is not as hot as Phoenix nor as humid as Houston. But it's still plenty hot and humid.

I carry all day / every day. Usually I carry a Kimber 3" 1911 in a Tucker Gunleather "The Answer" IWB holster. Trousers are black Savane micro-fiber with pleats and an expandable waistband from Sam's Club. Shirt is a solid-color silk camp shirt with some sort of woven-in pattern. Shirts may be from Men's Warehouse, WinterSilks, or Norm Thompson.

I wear a cotton T-shirt under the camp shirt. It keeps me from sweating directly on the camp shirt (saves on dry cleaning). It also helps anchor the holster.

I don't have a recommendation for a holster with a tucked-in shirt. I just got a Tucker "Cover-up" for my J-frame. I'll pass along how I like it.

For an inconspicuous spare mag carrier, use a leather knife pouch. I carry a spare mag for the Kimber in a Leatherman Wave pouch in black leather. It fits hoizontally on my belt at about 1 o'clock and is just the right size for a short single-stack mag. Even in plain sight, it doesn't rate a second glance.

Bill
    Good, informative post. What, however, is a camp shirt? I'll google it - no worries. Thanks!
    -John Farnum

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprex View Post
    What, however, is a camp shirt?
    A camp shirt usually has a square hem, to be work untucked. It usually has little taper from the bottom of the armhole to the hem, whereas dress shirts often have some taper for a fitted appearance.

Camp shirt have a "camp collar," which is one piece of cloth sewn directly to the shirt body. Dress shirts have a banded collar. The collar band is sewn to the shirt body and the collar is a separate piece of cloth sewn to the band. Camp collars are made to be worn open and don't look particularly smooth when the collar is buttoned.

Here's an example.

Bill
    Last edited by badgerw; August 20th, 2006 at 05:50 PM.

Rocky posted this one on a another forum that I really like. It may help. It deserves another post anyway.

http://www.uccomfort.com/3XHHolster.html
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE IN THE WORLD IS BETWEEN A MOTHER AND HER CHILDREN.
    -Lady Liberty-
    United Stats Army,(Ret)

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Everyday I leave my Dallas home into the suffering 105 degree heat and heading to work its always the same rig. The one listed above. The UC Comfort is the one rig I have found that works to conceal in business attire where tucking of the shirt is needed. I have not found another way to honestly carry a weapon (Typically a Sig 229), two mags, cuffs, ect. When the temp went up, I just went to short sleve shirts. Yes I sweat but I'd sweat no matter what I was wearing. If you do a search for UC Comfort you'll find several post and some have pictures that I've posted using the rig. Good luck.

Steve
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links