Defensive Carry banner

Looking for a comfortable & secure OWB holster for my 1911?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  gasmitty 
#1 ·
Any recommendations for a comfortable non-IWB secure holster for my 1911? I also ride a Harley in the summer so a year around holster would be nice. I'm looking at a high-ride thumb break and a shoulder holster with extra mag holder opposite the holster. My choices are limited as I am left handed. Thanks for any and all recommendations.

#8 ·
If you can be patient, the 28 or 28S by Andy Aratoonian (Horseshoe Leather) is a really fine rig for a 1911. With a decent gunbelt, it tucks in close and is quite concealable without going to extremes for cover garments. I've had mine for about 10 years now and it still fits as if I've only been using it a month. It's not a thumb break because it's boned to fit the gun closely for retention.

On the mass-produced side, check out the DeSantis Viper. It's a paddle holster with adjustable rake and a thumb break. The paddle is quite secure and in a panic situation you won't end up drawing a holstered gun instead of just the gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.