First run with galco king tuk

This is a discussion on First run with galco king tuk within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally used my new king tuk holster yesturday. And im impressed I didnt think a holster that looked like that could be so comfortable. Cant ...

Thread: First run with galco king tuk

Thumbs up First run with galco king tuk

Finally used my new king tuk holster yesturday. And im impressed I didnt think a holster that looked like that could be so comfortable. Cant wait till its good and broke in. It doesnt move around like some of my other holsters did. And retention is excelent. One thing I did notice was that when I holstered my gun the slide catch would catch on a piece of the backing plate. and ripped a small tear in the top. Maybe it was me to exited to try it. But Im thinking of cutting that small section off. Has anyone modified theres. And whats the best tool to cut the leather. Kinda like the combat cut. Overall Im happy with this holster. And for $41.99 on sale

2. Remove Ads

Enjoy!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    A little fine tuning can really help. I've done my own combat cut before. It really is simple with just a utlity knife.

While it is fairly easy to, the factory job usually looks better.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I just bought a King Tuk today as well, along with a Blackhawk CQB rigger belt. I carried my Glock 23 around the house for a while but it was unloaded since it was ALSO just picked up today and I haven't shot it yet- I don't want to carry something for real that I haven't tested.

Anyway, after I adjusted the cant a little bit and slid the holster around to about the 5:30 position I found it to be very comfortable and it concealed well with a flannel shirt over it. In summer clothes I think I would either need a smaller gun or I would have to start rocking some hawaiian shirts, if I wasn't concerned about printing I could maybe get away with a XL T-shirt or Polo.

I run that same holster with my Glock 19. Just wait until you break it in. The draw actually got really smooth for me. I did not have any issues with having to cut it, but I am sure a utility knife would do it.
    Fear the man with one gun. Especially if that gun is a Glock 19.

I have a Tommy Theis for a couple of my guns, very similar to the KingTuck. I had the same preconceived opinion. I thought how could this thing work, it looks odd. But man, I carried it once and became a believer. I love mine.

Glad you found a holster that works well for you!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

My king tuck came in yesterday as well, don't turn 21 till Thursday so am just wearing it around the house with my dads glock 17 until Thursday when I pick up my 19 and my permit, have to say its extremely comfortable, tend to forget its there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does this compare to the Crossbreed holsters? I have been looking at these for a while now. I noticed one at Cabela's last time I was there. I currently use a Bladetech UCH holster and Bianchi Clip on IWB holster.

I have both. To be honest there is minimal difference other that crossbreed makes you pay extra for the combat cut

Links