Winthrop holsters ??? Anyone ??

Winthrop holsters ??? Anyone ??

This is a discussion on Winthrop holsters ??? Anyone ?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering if anyone had any holsters from the WinthropHolsters company? I was thinking of getting one from there for my Glock 23, any ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lyodbraun

Thread: Winthrop holsters ??? Anyone ??

Question Winthrop holsters ??? Anyone ??

I was wondering if anyone had any holsters from the WinthropHolsters company? I was thinking of getting one from there for my Glock 23, any info on the brand, craftsmanship and what not would be great also how comfortable are they ?? was thinking of the IWB style.. thanks for the help and input..
    CombatMP74 likes this.

Sponsor
    They sure look nice for an all leather holster. If you are considering IWB you might check ours out as well. White Hat Holsters. But from my experience, just looking at the photos, the Winthrop holsters look very well made and the finish looks great. Hope that helps.

Thanks WhiteHatCo, I sent you a PM if ya could check it out and get back to me I checked out your site and some videos bout yours and will be checking into them soon and prob ordering me one soon love how you can customize them and switch them out and adjust them so easyily....I think Im sold on them LOL

I am a proud owner of a white hat holster. I actually prefer it to my Crossbreed. The metal clips are great (better than CB IMO) and the interchangeable kydex means I don't have to buy a new holster for any new guns. I've got kydex for my M&P and my LC9.

Customer service and response times to email were astounding. I'll definitely buy from them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I did some looking at the WhiteHatCo Holsters and can now say Ive found the holster for me LOL, I pulled the trigger lastnight and placed a order for one .. cant wait till it shows up... hopefully I will be another happy Whitehat customer... I love the fact that I can switch them out for different sizes for different guns, which is a big plus, cause I plan on getting me a Glock26 here soon..

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    I see you have allready got your holster ad i'm glad you found one you like. I have actually handled some Winthrop holsters and talked with the owner. He's a really nice guy and they make some nice looking holsters as well. I was talking to him about a holster for my Kimber and matching the color of the holster to my grips, or as close as possible. He actually told me to bring my gun into the shop (about 15 min away) and we would lay out some leather and take a look and come up with some designs as well. You can tell he's a nice guy and is willing to work with you to get what you want. Sooner or later with some time and customers i'm sure he'll start to make a name for himself.

I have a black OWB Winthrop for Glock 19/23, black with shark or elephant trim that I got into for $36. If you are interested, I'll sell it for what I have In it plus shipping.

I had recently purchased the Winthrop Belt Slide Holster for my XD and have been extremely satisfied with it. It's well made and very durable. I like the fact that I can use this same holster for many different types of handguns and calibers with the same exact fit for them all. Highly recommend.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    I have a Winthrop pancake for my Shield. It is very well made, very comfortable, and has a good cant. I am very happy with it, especially at the price point.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

CWY
    I wonder what type of leather he uses?

Review I did a while back on my Winthrop holster.

So I got a new holster as a gift a while back and have been putting it through the paces. I was given Winthrop Holsters Snapper style OWB for my M&amp;P 9mm FS and, oddly enough, I had been looking at them so it was a win-win <br />
    <br />
    Arrival: The holster was nicely packaged in heavy plastic bag to protect as is common with anymore, but always good to see. I thought the box itself was an example of excessive packaging to the highest degree, being twice the size of the holster, but I try to be green so .... The holster showed no damage or ill effects if shipping. <br />
    <br />
    As is my habit, the first thing I did was make a precursory inspection before putting a weapon into the holster, in the event I found an issue and needed to send it back. While I did not find any problems of the high order, I did make some noted observations. The first thing I noticed was that the snap straps were not of the same leather grain as the body of the holster, giving two distinct looks. Not a big deal, but it still bothered me for some strange reason. Another observation I made was that the edges of the holster were not evenly finished during the cutting process. again not something that would effect performance but an observation. The finish of the holster appeared even and thorough, with no thin spots or uneven coverage. The stitching was even and tight with no broken threads or loose ends. <br />
    <br />
    First fit was exceedingly tight, but being leather that is normal. I stuck my gun in the supplied shipping bag, jammed it in the holster and let it sit overnight. The next day it was a perfect fit. Smooth draw yet rock solid and secure. Just the way I like em. The molding nicely done, with good detail in all the right places. with all of the initial inspections done I deemed it worthy to carry ....<br />
    <br />
    Fast forward 6-8 weeks, and here we are. So how did it fare?<br />
    <br />
    Well, lets discuss that . Over the last 6-8 weeks the holster has been worn as much as possible, at least 4 days a week and around the house. I have driven in it, shopped in it, sat in it, and done everything I can in it. It took a few days for it to really mold to my body shape, but it is a very comfortable holster once it molds. On the belt it is a very secure holster, with no wiggle around the belt loops or movement in any direction. To test the snaps I had a friend attempt to twist the holster while I was wearing it, using my unloaded and safed gun as leaverage to simulate a real world attemp at snatching my weapon. The snaps held true even with his rough attempts to break them free. My only complaint about the snaps is that they are not directional. For those who may not know, a directional snap has a small protrusion on it that requires the snap to be undone in one direction only, or else it will not come undone. This is a very good feature for weapon retention and security. <br />
    <br />
    My favorite feature to note is the way in which the holster is cut to allow for a good weapon grip When gripping prior to draw, I have found a lot holsters are cut close to the weapon. for me this causes my hand to hit the holster on the draw, which I find annoying. This holster does not do that. You will have to have some serious mitts to be impeded by the holster. It is generously cut to allow for an excellent grip from the start. This is perhaps one of the most important aspects of a good defensive holster IMO.<br />
    <br />
    The finish has held up well also. I found no evidence of color bleed, and wore a white undershirt for the first week specifically for this. The dye doesnt flake off, peel or look bad in any way. Aside from a few spots and scrapes from regular uise, the finish has held up very very well thus far. In the pictures, you will even see a few spots of crud stuck to it... I photographed it as worn. <br />
    <br />
    Minor criticisms.... it squeaked... loudly. To the point that it was very annoying. However.... this went away after about a week or so once the straps broke in. It continued to occasionally squeaked for a little while after but I have not noticed it in some time so I assume it is gone. Thats really the only criticism I have over all. A self resolving issue makes for no issue. <br />
    <br />
    So whats my final take ?<br />
    <br />
    I think that the Winthrop line is a great value for the money. By no means is it a high end custom holster, but its not priced as one nor is it marketed as one. What it is, is a solid, well built carry holster that should serve a long time at a very reasonable price. In the end, that is all we really need isnt it? If you have been looking for a good utility holster, I would suggest giving Winthrop Holsters a look.<br />
    <br />
    <br/>

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I have a Winthrop IWB for my 1911. It's the one with two belt snaps, and I found they were coming undone. They were kind enough to send me a set of replacement snaps with the "pull-the-dot" directional feature. That solved the problem completely.

I honestly can't remember if they charged me for them or not, but even if so, the cost was not enough to make me remember...

The holster is well-made and comfortable, if I wanted another one I would got with them again.
    =
    "The six-shooter loaded with deadly cartridges is a dangerous companion for any man, especially if he should unfortunately be primed with whiskey." - Texas Live Stock Journal, June 5, 1884
    "Leave Your Revolvers At Police Headquarters and Get a Check." - Sign outside Wichita, 1873.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    Good review above, and like he says, they aren't trying to be a high-end custom maker. They are a solid value for the price point.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Have and wear one for my P229-9 Sig. good holsters for and off the shelf, in stock unit. It's a copy of TTGunleathers Mike slim which I prefer

What Chandle said. Winthrop has a table at our local gunshow and I have looked at their products. I would classify them as low-priced, plain, but serviceable.

There are lots of holster-makers with different price-ranges. You might try Nightingale Holsters. Not being a paddle-holster fan, I bought one of their "snap" OWB holsters. It looks excellent and is very serviceable.

And I suggest you check Ebay. There are lots of new and used holsters there for decent prices.
    An armed society is a polite society--Robert Heinlein via The Guru
    You cannot invade the United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass--Admiral Isoruku Yamamoto, IJN

Sponsored Links