Need suggestions for holster/belt setup for a SA XD9 Sub-Compact please - Page 2

Need suggestions for holster/belt setup for a SA XD9 Sub-Compact please

This is a discussion on Need suggestions for holster/belt setup for a SA XD9 Sub-Compact please within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Cy Hi all, First post! Been reading here for awhile and finally decided to post. I need help with suggestion on a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Need suggestions for holster/belt setup for a SA XD9 Sub-Compact please

Quote Originally Posted by Cy View Post
    Hi all,

First post! Been reading here for awhile and finally decided to post. I need help with suggestion on a good IWB holster that is comfortable yet hugs good too the body for CC. I've tried a few holsters and they all stink. I'm really want this SA XD9 Sub-Compact to work since I bought it for CC but so far its been heavy, BIG (for a sub-compact) and uncomfortable digging into my side sitting down when driving and such. Thinking of a pocket gun .380 if I can figure this out soon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Cy
    NRA Member

My EDC is a SA XD40 SC. I run it in a Galco Kingtuk. I have it adjusted one hole up in the rear and two up in the front to drop it a little lower with slightly more forward cant. I usually carry at 4-4:30 position and I usually forget it's there. I picked it up for 54 off Amazon. I wear it open with loose clothes or I have worn while dressed in a full business suit tucked in and noone knows I'm carrying. My Girl sometimes will reach her hand down to see if I am or not because she never sees it. I run the XD gear mag pouch with two shorty mags loaded up with Speer Golddots and depending on what I'm wearing I run the full size mag with the sleeve or another shorter with one chambered. I keep my TLR3 snapped to my mag holder.

A bit of a late post but I use a horsehide Crossbreed Supertuck and a wilderness instructors belt for my XDSC9. I carry about 3:30 with a little adjustment depending on what pants/shorts I'm wearing. I would recommend getting the combat cut so you can get a better grip on the gun when drawing.

As others have stated, a good belt makes a world of difference.
    Rockymonster likes this.

Ive found that my old limp 1.5" belts carries my SC just as well as my new 1.5" horsehide belt. Good gun belt definitely with a heavier piece.

Ive also found that based on the shorter barrel length, Ive had to move the holster around to about 3:30-4:00. My hip helps push the handle up and into my side to conceal it better than further back.

AG Gunleather belt and a Comp Tac MTAC holster would be my input. Good luck. Your XD will prove to be a fine carry gun once you get set up.

Cy [OP]
    Thank you all for the posts with helpful direction. I appreciate it.

Cy

I know you want an IWB, but I carry my XD9sc in a High Noon Slide Guard lined holster on an A&G Custom Gunleather belt. It is a very comfortable setup and it actually conceals quite well.
    ”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
    ~James Earl Jones

XD40 Service - XD9 Subcompact - Range Officer - M&P9 Pro - M&P40 Compact - P238

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy View Post
    I've tried a few holsters and they all stink.
    Cy, can you give us a run down of what holsters you've tried so far, and why, exactly, you didn't like them?

The reason I ask is because holsters are a *very* personal-preference affected item. It's one of the toughest areas of "concealed carry," and as much of it has to do with the physical qualities of the holster (i.e. material/construct, size, etc.) as it does the physical measures of the gun it carries as well as the belt (and/or suspenders that's used to support it) and, moreover, the specific preferences - the needs and wants - of the individual wearing the setup, including everything from complete subjectives (preference for leather? or some kind of synthetic? full hardshell kydex?) to even how your unique body shape/anatomy may interact with the holster/gun combo to how your everyday activities and their unique requirements (is your car an '85 Buick with a bench front seat? or is it a '11 Ferrari Italia with highly bolstered near-racing buckets?).

You can see from the posts here that our individual preferences run the entire gamut of what's available. In the end, it's all about you, not any one of us.

here is my xd40sc with the bonneville by UBG .... the canute is an excellanct choice for IWB and just ordered one this week....IMG_0685.jpg
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

I use a nice heavy leather belt from a local store, similar to a lot of leather gun belts. I have a galco kingtuk and I like it with my XD9 SC. I think I'm going to order a Remora soon and give that shot with the great reviews it's getting.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySkiBum View Post
    I use a nice heavy leather belt from a local store, similar to a lot of leather gun belts. I have a galco kingtuk and I like it with my XD9 SC. I think I'm going to order a Remora soon and give that shot with the great reviews it's getting.
    Have been hearing and seeing on utube some good reviews on the remora, just ordered one this morning, going to give it a try, for 30 bucks,,,,, what the heck, lol
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Yeah I figure it'll work good for those moments where I am heading out for a short time, etc.

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    A friend of mine carries his XD compact 9mm in a blackhawk serpa and likes it very well.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links