Need suggestions for holster/belt setup for a SA XD9 Sub-Compact please

This is a discussion on Need suggestions for holster/belt setup for a SA XD9 Sub-Compact please within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all, First post! Been reading here for awhile and finally decided to post. I need help with suggestion on a good IWB holster that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Need suggestions for holster/belt setup for a SA XD9 Sub-Compact please

Cy [OP]

Need suggestions for holster/belt setup for a SA XD9 Sub-Compact please

Hi all,

First post! Been reading here for awhile and finally decided to post. I need help with suggestion on a good IWB holster that is comfortable yet hugs good too the body for CC. I've tried a few holsters and they all stink. I'm really want this SA XD9 Sub-Compact to work since I bought it for CC but so far its been heavy, BIG (for a sub-compact) and uncomfortable digging into my side sitting down when driving and such. Thinking of a pocket gun .380 if I can figure this out soon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Cy
    NRA Member

2. Remove Ads

Concealment Solutions IWB with a decent belt... better than others for comfort and function (extra kydex on slide side = safer reholster)

I just got a cheap belt. But im working on that. But for a holster I juct purchased a galco king tuk for my xd9 sc. And I think its a great holster. And I got mine on sale at a local gun shop. Works great for the xdsc.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Cy, I have an XD9sc as my EDC. I use a Kholster IWB (they are a site sponsor) and it's great for the price. Certainly it is not a Crossbreed, but the price was awesome and it carries comfortably and reliably. For a belt, I have both a Galco leather gun belt and, more recently, a Wilderness Instructor. Both are great, and as I wear my shirts untucked most of the time I like the Wilderness and leave the leather belt for tuck times.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Kholster

I use a crescent that I have cut down to better be able to draw.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

I've heard a lot of good things about remora. Going to give one a try with my xd service model. Average Joe gives a good review that answers a lot of concerns folks have with a clipless holster.

I carry a XD 40sc . look into a ubg holster and belt, the canute is an excellant choice for IWB, i maily use the bonneville which is a high ride owb holster. UBGholsters.com, also hear some great things about crossbrees holsters.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Might want to check into the white hat co holsters they have some very nice holsters

Quote Originally Posted by Cy View Post
    Hi all,

First post! Been reading here for awhile and finally decided to post. I need help with suggestion on a good IWB holster that is comfortable yet hugs good too the body for CC. I've tried a few holsters and they all stink. I'm really want this SA XD9 Sub-Compact to work since I bought it for CC but so far its been heavy, BIG (for a sub-compact) and uncomfortable digging into my side sitting down when driving and such. Thinking of a pocket gun .380 if I can figure this out soon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Cy
    NRA Member
    I carry an XD9sc in a holster made at www.bearriveholsters.com. It is well made for what it costs and it took him only a couple weeks to get it to me.I didn't need anything fancy or expensive, just something solid and comfortable. I did find that on my body it is most comfortable around 4:30/5:00. Can I tell its there? Yeah. Does it dig in or is it uncomfortable? No. Play with positioning on your body and you also may need to adjust the cant based on where it is. Most holster makers can adjust how much cant the holster will have while carrying. You may need more than normal or less.

I am 6'3, 275# so its not hard for me to make something disappear. But Ive seen some pretty small frames both men and woman make guns the size of the SC disappear under a tank top. I haven't yet tried a hybrid holster, but that would seem to be a good starting point as you can adjust height and cant by moving the clips.
    steelhawk and JerryMac like this.

Currently carrying a Glock G26 in a Remora with a cheap belt.
    I really do like it.

Two things: Buy a good belt. For jeans or casual, the Wilderness 5 stitch is tough to beat for the price.
    GMS tactical has them for a good price-no shipping charges.
    The Wilderness Original Instructor Belt 1-1/2 inch FREE SHIPPING

For something more dressy, there are many good makers. One I have spoken to recently:
    Custom Gun Belts, Custom Leather Belts from A & G Custom Gun Leather

I will be buying a belt from him this month.

Second holsters:
    I am awaiting delivery of one from White Hat. Will post my experience once it arrives.
    Leather choices are far more complex than hybrid. One maker that really looks good to me is Brommeland.

CY, I second the vote for a gun belt. I made my son-in-law a holster (XD45) for his birthday last summer. I gave him a gun belt for Christmas. He says that it makes a world of difference for him, carry wise.

VIP Member
    Brommeland Max-Con V iwb holster and Wilderness Instructor belt, both available here: High Performance Concealment Systems for the Professional

I carry the SA XD40 SC, in a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro. You get a holster that can be worn IWB, OWB, many different cants, a total of 23 different positions. Love this holster.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I had the same issue, and nothing I tried worked well for me.... at least not what I wanted. Dumped way too much money in holsters trying to find one.

Found one holster that worked perfect, due to the way it carries the gun (slight cant forward), etc. I liked it so much, I also use the same type holster with a beretta PX4.

Don Hume P.C.C.H. No XD-C. It is not on their typical "list" of holsters.... they recommended it when I called them. Good leather, well made.

Link :
    PCCH [P.C.C.H.] - $56.50 : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

During the winter months here in W.I. I have a Galco speed paddle. I keep it at the 4:00 position and works fine. Half the time I forget it's even on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links