Secret City Weaponeers holster opinions?

This is a discussion on Secret City Weaponeers holster opinions? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone carry one of Secret City Weaponeers kydex holsters? I like the idea of a convertible IWB/OWB type of holster and they seem to make ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secret City Weaponeers holster opinions?

VIP Member

Secret City Weaponeers holster opinions?

Anyone carry one of Secret City Weaponeers kydex holsters? I like the idea of a convertible IWB/OWB type of holster and they seem to make a nice looking product.

Anyone use one of these and switch between the carry types often enough to give any feedback on how it feels/works with both for all day carrying?

2. Remove Ads

I've got one of their kydex models for my G23. I wear it IWB and feel it is the closest fitting IWB holster I've got.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Anyone carry one of Secret City Weaponeers kydex holsters? I like the idea of a convertible IWB/OWB type of holster and they seem to make a nice looking product.

Anyone use one of these and switch between the carry types often enough to give any feedback on how it feels/works with both for all day carrying?

Wish I could offer some opinion on the one that I ordered in April 2011, but it still hasn't arrived yet. Multiple emails have gone unanswered except for 1 apologetic one over the past 2+ months, in which Tony said he'd get working on it ASAP. That was in November. In comparison, I ordered a SuperTuck in early Dec 2011 and got it before the end of Dec.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by austinwolv View Post
    Wish I could offer some opinion on the one that I ordered in April 2011, but it still hasn't arrived yet. Multiple emails have gone unanswered except for 1 apologetic one over the past 2+ months, in which Tony said he'd get working on it ASAP. That was in November. In comparison, I ordered a SuperTuck in early Dec 2011 and got it before the end of Dec.
    Unfortunately that sounds pretty accurate for Tony.

VIP Member
    Hmmm. Well that's not good.

He used to be a site sponsor here. don't think so anymore. once he switched away from leather I lost interest. glad I never bought one.

anyone have a good experience with them? Or is this company in the avoid list?

I had one for a g19 that I used for about a month. The craftsmanship was excellent and it held the pistol extremely close to my body. The holster was designed to be worn at around 4-4:30 and I was accustomed to carrying between 1-3. I could not get used to the 4-4:30 spot...nothing against the holster...just not my prefered carry position. If I carried behind the hip I would not hesitate to order another holster from Tony, even with the complaints made by some regarding the wait.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

VIP Member
    Thanks for the feedback. I carry at the 4 o'clock position, so that part sounds good anyway.

I haven't seen tons of bad things about the guy and in some other internet posts, he did seem to be genuinely interested in making sure his customers were pleased with his products. Don't know the whole story either way, so I'll keep looking for more reviews on his work/service.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    He used to be a site sponsor here. don't think so anymore. once he switched away from leather I lost interest. glad I never bought one.

anyone have a good experience with them? Or is this company in the avoid list?
    Just so you know, he never made leather holsters - he purchased them from Gary Brommeland. His Isotope 7 is actually a MaxCon V with fancy marketing. In fact his Kydex holster is the same holster made in a different material. It's easy to sell a product you don't make and look like a hero, but when he had to actually MAKE a product he went missing.
    I'm not trying to malign the guy, but he is not a holster maker, he took a MaxCon V apart to make a pattern and started heating kydex.

Sponsor
    I cant vouch for his turn around time, but I've communicated with him personally a few times and he seemed like a good honest fellow. I hope he and his business are doing well. I'm sorry to hear that some of you have had issues.

Secret City Weaponeers

Hello everyone,
    I am new to this site but am having the same problems as some of the posters here. I ordered my holster from Tony last May and have been promised on more than one occassion that it will be shipped...that started last September. I have sent several emails to no avail. I know at some point his wife had some health issues with her pregnancy, so I understand a delay due to that. I am hoping that he is working on everyones order and has not gone out of business.

Avoid SCW at all costs.

Here is a lengthy thread on M4C about the cluster*** that is SCW. Summary: Don't buy from Tony.
    Secret City Weaponeers - M4Carbine.net Forums

Ordered mine mid Feb before I saw that thread. We shall see what happens.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

I ordered one from him and was promised it within 2 weeks, email after email ull have it within a week and "I'll make u a nice mag carrier to go with it" I said ok sounds good for my troubles. Well finally after 2 months and several promises of the mag carrier I received my holster and no mag carrier! I never bothered asking him were the mag pouch was because if it was that hard to get something that I paid for then how hard would it be to get something I didn't pay for but was offered for my troubles?!!! Well after 2-3 times of carrying with the holster I hated it and sold it!! It has to much of a cant for me. I will NEVER deal with that man again!! Very bad business!!!!!
    glock 26- crossbreed ST
    SA micro compact 1911-crossbreed ST
    S&W m&p 9 crossbreed ST
    S&W bodygaurd 380
    S&W M&P15-eotech

I have to agree. Stay away from SCW. Bad customer service all the way around. I have delt with him many times and have had nothing but bad experiences. One holster I ordered was a Y-12 for my G-19. I never did recieve it after serveral months of emails. Luckily I didnt have to pay for it when I ordered from him over emails.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links