Attn: Full Size carriers - Question from reluctant - Page 3

Attn: Full Size carriers - Question from reluctant

This is a discussion on Attn: Full Size carriers - Question from reluctant within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I typically carry my Glock 19 in a paddle holster (OWB). I will admit that I keep my belt fairly tight, which is getting more ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Attn: Full Size carriers - Question from reluctant

I typically carry my Glock 19 in a paddle holster (OWB). I will admit that I keep my belt fairly tight, which is getting more and more difficult as my gut continues to grow outwards later in life. But I absolutely can't stand a loose belt because then the gun and holster will sag and flop around some. However, of the 20-some-odd holsters I own, the OWB is the most comfortable for me to wear. I can literally wear my largest gun, a Glock 19, all day long without any discomfort. In fact, it is easy to forget it is even there. Other holsters I sometimes use have what I call a "2 hour limit." After using them for 2 hours straight, they have to come off because they just aren't that comfortable.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Getting a good holster belt and holster combo does make a difference. Look at the super tuck or anything that spreads the weight out. As far as a belt look for anything that is double thick. It does not have to be super expensive just strong. I carry a g22 this way and it works for me.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

So I made a trip down to Cabela's today. I bought a nice double layer leather belt that is really stiff. I still have the same crappy holster, but I can already feel the difference from just the belt itself.

Thanks for the advice.

The belt was only $39.99 and the best part was that it was on sale. 50% off so I got it for $20.00.

Nice.
    mel5051 likes this.

The more you spend on your belt and holster the better off you will be. Yes the belt makes thats much of a different. It may cost alot up front but you will like it after wearing it all day. With 2 lbs on your hip all day.
    USMC 68-74
    NRA LIFE

Red face

I invested in a 1.5" gun Belt made by Littlebearholsters which is dark brown sharkskin. I wear this belt everyday and have now for over 3 years. It shows no sign of wear. I also bought a IWB/OWB & tuckable holster as shown in my avatar.
    It is trimmed with the dark brown sharkskin as well. Littlebearholsters is current out of business.
    The reason for the explanation, is to show and explain investing in a quality carry system is
    important. There are numerous holster makers who have the very similar style holster I use.
    I carry a Stoeger Cougar 9mm and it weighs about 39 oz loaded.
    ( yup you know it is there). Because I am fat and that da&&% belt will not stay over my hips,
    I have gone to wearing a pair of suspenders. Sometimes just against my body or over a tee
    shirt. Those suspenders do wonders for me. Oh yeah I am vane and do not wear the
    suspenders where anyone can see them but at 70 I guess who cares LOL

ps Those suspenders are murder if you have the do #2 as you will have to takeoff your shirt if you wear them under your shirt. Being mostly naked in a public restroom with only my pants
    at my ankles just doesn't seem right. LOL
    JBPDXOR
    Cougar 8000 9mm
    S&W 586 4" 357
    Winchester Defender 12g

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JBPDXOR View Post
    I invested in a 1.5" gun Belt made by Littlebearholsters which is dark brown sharkskin. I wear this belt everyday and have now for over 3 years. It shows no sign of wear. I also bought a IWB/OWB & tuckable holster as shown in my avatar.
    It is trimmed with the dark brown sharkskin as well. Littlebearholsters is current out of business.
    The reason for the explanation, is to show and explain investing in a quality carry system is
    important. There are numerous holster makers who have the very similar style holster I use.
    I carry a Stoeger Cougar 9mm and it weighs about 39 oz loaded.
    ( yup you know it is there). Because I am fat and that da&&% belt will not stay over my hips,
    I have gone to wearing a pair of suspenders. Sometimes just against my body or over a tee
    shirt. Those suspenders do wonders for me. Oh yeah I am vane and do not wear the
    suspenders where anyone can see them but at 70 I guess who cares LOL

ps Those suspenders are murder if you have the do #2 as you will have to takeoff your shirt if you wear them under your shirt. Being mostly naked in a public restroom with only my pants
    at my ankles just doesn't seem right. LOL
    Perry suspenders are your friend. They clip to your belt and getting your pants down is a breeze and your shirt stays on. Check them out. I get mine from Wal-Mart for about $8.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links