I've tried the rest, now using the best

This is a discussion on I've tried the rest, now using the best within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One thing to be aware of - if it's up against skin it is uncomfortable after a few minutes. The surface has ripples that hold ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: I've tried the rest, now using the best

One thing to be aware of - if it's up against skin it is uncomfortable after a few minutes. The surface has ripples that hold it in place so well.
    I like it a lot, but you definitely want a long t-shirt between it and your skin, especially sitting in a car with gun in back.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    ironmike86 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

One of the things I like about the concept of the remora is that position and cant are infinitely adjustable, so even though I usually carry at 7:30-8:00 PM IWB(lefty), I can move it to appendix or cross carry in the car if I want to. I'll report back after I get mine
    ironmike86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Based on this thread, plus reviews from the manufacturer website and YouTube, I finally bought a Remora for my new M&P 9.

I ordered the reinforced lip with sweat shield and a double magazine carrier. They should be here any day now.

Keeping fingers crossed that I get them before the weekend. I'm sure I'll be another satisfied customer. I'll post my opinion when I get it and try it out.
    I ordered one for my M&P 9 as well. Reinforced top, no sweatshield and no extra mag holder.
    ironmike86 likes this.

Wow, another resounding recommendation for the Remora. I do believe I will need to get myself one of these.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I've had many holsters over the years for my guns (Glock, Kahr, Ruger, S&W) and have settled on the Remora. I thought I found the perfect holster in a Crossbreed MiniTuck, but I found that it was only "perfect" for certain jeans due to where the belt loops were located. I also didn't really like the Crossbreed with Khakis. I tried the Remora with my Kahr P380 and found it to be very comfortable in every pair of pants I own. I've run with it and never had it shift. It's infinitely adjustable and comfortable even with a gun like the Glock 19.

The owner of Remora (Alan) is also a pleasure to deal with and is very prompt with email questions. He also ships the holsters in just a few days. Since I now have a Remora for each of my guns, I most likely am going to sell my other holsters.

That was quick. I signed up to get some info on good holsters, and now I have one. Just ordered mine.

I'm not even carrying yet, but ordered one today so I can carry around the house to start getting familiar with the feeling. Ordered a Series 6 with the full sweat shield mod. A few hours later, got my shipping confirmation email, on a Saturday! Kudos again to Alan @ Remora.

Quote Originally Posted by DocPMD View Post
    You have all convinced me. For the cost of a couple boxes of ammo it's worth a try. Just got an email that my Remora for my M&P9c has shipped. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Doc
    Got it today. Different than what I thought - more rubbery. I have to say that my first impression is that this thing is awesome. Can't wait to run it through the paces. But if using it at home for the last few hours is any indication, this thing is gonna be great.

Doc
    SwatMedic338 likes this.

My new Remora arrived today! I don't want to hijack this fine threat so I posted my initial thoughts in another thread.

Big Scare with New Remora Holster Today!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I have had issues with my Remora. I bought the 4ART with sweat shield for my Beretta Nano as their website recommends. The nano fits very snuggly in it, and when holstering, the trigger guard just barely hits the stitching, but you can sort of push it past it for it to go in fully.

1 in 8-10 draws, the entire holster comes out with the pistol. This is wearing jeans and a nicely cinched belt...after closer look, it appears with the sweat shield when the Nano is pushed all the way in, the left edge of the rear site catches on the stitching at the top of the sweat shield...I believe this is what is causing my issue. I'm going to continue to attmept to see if a little break-in period corrects my problem, but I refuse to wear it out of my house. If if doesn't get any better, i'll send it back and get the same holster without the sweat shieild...I really wanted a holster with a sweat shiled like that or leather extension to cover the slide as I often times wear t-shirts without undershirts not tucked in. For now...I'll stick with my High Noon Bare Asset for EDC until more holster makers start making modled leather holsters for the Nano.

I am having an issue with my Remora already... it hasn't arrived yet and the anticipation is killing me. I think their popularity is upping the shipping times. I ordered almost two weeks ago and received a shipped email over a week ago, still haven't received it yet.

You have the tracking info? Call your local PO and have them put a trace on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    I am having an issue with my Remora already... it hasn't arrived yet and the anticipation is killing me. I think their popularity is upping the shipping times. I ordered almost two weeks ago and received a shipped email over a week ago, still haven't received it yet.
    I spoke too soon. They transposed two numbers in the suite number of the address so it was sent to the wrong floor. It was just delivered. The pistol I bought it for is at home so I'll have to wait to try it out and give feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Palumbo3284 View Post
    I have had issues with my Remora. I bought the 4ART with sweat shield for my Beretta Nano as their website recommends. The nano fits very snuggly in it, and when holstering, the trigger guard just barely hits the stitching, but you can sort of push it past it for it to go in fully.

1 in 8-10 draws, the entire holster comes out with the pistol. This is wearing jeans and a nicely cinched belt...after closer look, it appears with the sweat shield when the Nano is pushed all the way in, the left edge of the rear site catches on the stitching at the top of the sweat shield...I believe this is what is causing my issue. I'm going to continue to attmept to see if a little break-in period corrects my problem, but I refuse to wear it out of my house. If if doesn't get any better, i'll send it back and get the same holster without the sweat shieild...I really wanted a holster with a sweat shiled like that or leather extension to cover the slide as I often times wear t-shirts without undershirts not tucked in. For now...I'll stick with my High Noon Bare Asset for EDC until more holster makers start making modled leather holsters for the Nano.
    Send them an email about your issues. If you still want the SS but want it trimmed or shaped differently, they will most likely fix it anyway you'd like. Their customer service is just amazingly good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    My new Remora arrived today! I don't want to hijack this fine threat so I posted my initial thoughts in another thread.

Big Scare with New Remora Holster Today!
    Yes, thank you for the heart attack.

As I read your review and came across this line...."Why I trust some of you DC guys is beyond me, but I went ahead and bought the Remora anyway." my heart was in my throat.

Glad it all worked out and you're enjoying your new holster. I ordered another one last week and am awaiting its arrival tomorrow.
    Arejay and Bark'n like this.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links