I've tried the rest, now using the best - Page 4

I've tried the rest, now using the best

This is a discussion on I've tried the rest, now using the best within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok I think I am going to buy one. I need a IWB for my LCP. I have tried using my pocket Nemesis holster IWB ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: I've tried the rest, now using the best

Ok I think I am going to buy one. I need a IWB for my LCP. I have tried using my pocket Nemesis holster IWB and it works but I would be scared that it could fall out.

What makes the Remora that much better than using a Nemesis pocket holster the same way?

They do look similar and the Nemesis is rubbery and grippy on the outside.

joepa150, the material may look similar to the material on the Nemesis, but it is totally different. It is so sticky it's like it's made out of double faced tape.

It reminds me of the scene from "The Replacements" when they put the "Sticky Spray" on Clifford Franklin's hands so he wouldn't keep dropping the ball. Great scene, and great line... "Coach, it looks like I just jacked off an elephant!"
    Mattmann likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    joepa150, the material may look similar to the material on the Nemesis, but it is totally different. It is so sticky it's like it's made out of double faced tape.

It reminds me of the scene from "The Replacements" when they put the "Sticky Spray" on Clifford Franklin's hands so he wouldn't keep dropping the ball. Great scene, and great line... "Coach, it looks like I just jacked off an elephant!"
    Lol. That was a great line.

That makes sense that it would stay in place if it was that sticky.

Now I just don't know what gun needs a new holster. My gut says get one for my LCP since I don't have a IWB holster for it but then again the LCP is so small that I don't think I would appreciate how comfortable the Remora is supposed to be (since almost any IWB holster for the LCP should be comfy).

I received my Remora #10 yesterday for my Glock 23. After work, I put on some sweat pants and stuck my G23 and Remora against my hip at 3:00. The Remora stayed there without having to cinch the drawstring of my sweats up tight. I wore it while sitting, stooping down to pick up something off the floor, and just walking around the house. The Remora didn't move. If your pants fit loose, it sticks in place better if placed against your skin. This morning on my way to work, I made a couple of stops and it stayed in place and was the most comfortable holster I have worn. In the summer I usually carry my LCP because my G23 would weigh my shorts down too much. With this holster I foresee being able to carry my Glock while wearing shorts without a belt and not having it drag my shorts down. The retention of this holster is at least as good as my Crossbreed Supertuck if not better. Another nice thing about this holster is that it can be used for other manufacturers pistols of the same size. Typical kydex holsters are molded to one pistol model. While the Remora holster is loose enough internally to accomodate more than one model, the internal surface is just grippy enough to give good weapon retention while still allowing for a smooth draw. I have been wanting to try AIWB carry but all of my other holsters are not comfortable in this position. With the Remora, I am able to place it anywhere and it stays in place and is comfortable. I am very pleased with this holster. If this had been the first holster I bought I would have saved myself a lot of money.
    SwatMedic338 likes this.

Received my 6FS today and will be breaking it in around the house tomorrow and this weekend.

Got my second Remora in today for the LC9, works like a charm just like the first one.
    Chesafreak likes this.

I just found ONE thing I don't like about the Remora. I ordered my Crossbreed Supertuck with the "Combat Cut". This gives a little less carry comfort while allowing the ability to wrap all fingers around the grip when you draw. When I draw from my Remora, the holster covers the grip where my middle finger would be and only allows me to grasp the grip with my last two fingers. If Remora scalloped out a section about the size of a quarter right at this spot it would allow a better grip when drawing. I also read about someone who said to order a smaller Remora to fix this issue. He had a compact Glock but recommended ordering for a sub-compact model to allow for a better grip on the draw.

I just read their website FAQ's and realized I should have orderd the "ART" model. It has a 1/2 inch lower cut for this very reason. Doh! I wish I would have realized that before I ordered. I'm going to contact Alan and ask to exchange mine for the ART model.
    Last edited by Chesafreak; January 23rd, 2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: changed 1/4 to 1/2.

My guess is Alan would gladly accept the return and send the one you want. He sounds like a nice guy. Shoot him an email or give him a call.

Jacqui from REMORA here` @ Chesafreak..Of course we will exchange it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhatGun View Post
    What kind of gun are you using this with?

Has anyone tried one of these with a bigger/heavier gun? im experimenting for my 229 and wouldn't mind giving this a try.
    I'm a bigger guy and I have narrowed my EDC holster down to the Remora. I have a small collection of holsters now but I use the 10RFT holster with my XD9 Subcompact everyday with zero problems. I love it. For the price you can't go wrong.
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" - Adolph Hitler, German Chancellor 1933

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberaspen View Post
    Jacqui from REMORA here` @ Chesafreak..Of course we will exchange it!!!
    Thanks, Jacqui! I received Alan's email this morning stating the same.

Remora suggestions

For a compact M&P 9mm, would you Remora users recommend the ART or the full size? Is the sweat shield really necessary? RFT or soft edge?

Very nice. I think I found my next holster. Now if I can decide on my next gun I'll be set.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Bought 3 remora holsters after reading this thread 2 weeks ago. Very satisfied. Mine are all RFT only so I cant say what's better among them.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links